• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Who funds the Pro-Choice Campaign?

FloatingVoterTralee

I was genuinely unaware that pro-choice groups were advertising in a similar manner to the pro-life campaign, until it was highlighted by Toland, so it is only fair that they should be given the same treatment. Obviously, organisations such as the Family Planning Clinic and Marie Stopes have long been supporters, but are British and American donors seeking to exploit recent headlines to go beyond the X Case ruling, and push for abortion on demand?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I was genuinely unaware that pro-choice groups were advertising in a similar manner to the pro-life campaign, until it was highlighted by Toland, so it is only fair that they should be given the same treatment. Obviously, organisations such as the Family Planning Clinic and Marie Stopes have long been supporters, but are British and American donors seeking to exploit recent headlines to go beyond the X Case ruling, and push for abortion on demand?
Where did I highlight advertising by the pro-choice groups? I'm not saying I didn't do so, but I'm unaware of it.

Chuck Feeney is one American donor, I believe. I don't think there's that much secretiveness about where pro-choice groups get their funding. I'm open to correction on this.

If there is such secretiveness, it's a pity. Because the secretiveness of the anti-choice side is definitely to their detriment.

If the information on sources of funding is not forthcoming, it's to be expected that people should think that it's coming from secretive organisations (this applies equally to the campaign funding of one Senator in particular).

storybud1

The recently unbelievable bias by the Irish medja is a far more worrying aspect. I would love to see some of these liberals clowns work in an abortion clinic for a day cleaning out the abortion buckets and then spend the next day working in an ICU in a maternity hospital looking after premature babies.

They may start thinking for themselves and not be lead by the unelectable Baciks and the Frontline Prez . Just ask yourself when did the press follow up on the recent Irish women who died due to complications of pregnancy. Answer = Never !, pathetic, biased journalism in Ireland is alive and well

Soros and Feeney are part of the "giving while living" philanthropists so they are spreading it around as wide as they can, neither would give a crap about what people say about them as they both made their money through persistence.

Who controls the media agenda here is the real question.

'orebel

I would love to see some of these liberals clowns work in an abortion clinic for a day cleaning out the abortion buckets and then spend the next day working in an ICU in a maternity hospital looking after premature babies.
You do know that foetuses up to 22 weeks are incompatible with life outside of the womb, don't you?

Radix

For your information, 'The Pro Choice Campaign' is not actually 'pro choice'.

Were it so in favour of 'choice', it would make provisions for, and fund all choices, where both the continuation of unborn lives, and the 'discontinuation' of same are concerned.

'Pro choice' is sadly a box canyon for unborn babies, to use VFR pilot navigation terminology.

A dead end!

Radix

You do know that foetuses up to 22 weeks are incompatible with life outside of the womb, don't you?

Don't be such a dipstick all your life 'orebel.

All babies are "incompatible with life outside the womb".

It is for this very simple reason that we continue to feed our babies in a different way after they emerge from our wombs. They would die otherwise you will agree?

So called 'pro choice' people advocate withdrawing a baby's food from an ever present source of it for them.

They even advocate withdrawing life itself by unfortunately ending it.

How caring is that, given that you were once this baby?

Do you understand human solidarity?

Sync

/MOD/ woopsies/

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev408

Glad to see this open again. Makes you wonder why it was shut down.

It's rather obvious it was shut down in error. Get over it, FFs.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
this is old story but it is interesting the prolife groups pointed out that a chuck feeney funded a report around the UPR rights review, which complained about restricted reproduction rights, http://www.rightsnow.ie/images/Your Rights. Right Now UPR Stakeholder Report March 2011.pdf
page 9 section 12
the language could apply to to just implementing the supreme court ruling, so it could be said he's funding groups that want a supreme court ruling applied hardly fervent pro abortionists! it open to interpretation for abortion and thus trocaire and Crosscare pulled their support

Last edited:

chapm

Glad to see this open again. Makes you wonder why it was shut down.
Seeing as all the information in this thread so far has already been discussed in a _very similar_ active thread I am going to take a wild swing and say you care little for the discussion contained within.

FloatingVoterTralee

I said nothing about the closure in case I was being pulled up for duplication, but the reason for opening it, as mentioned in the OP, was to avoid any accusation of bias on the topic.

onlyasking

Look under your bed, it's that rag-bag of scary monsters.

Reds, pinkos, social liberals.......... terrorists, mass murderers..... even SECULARISTS!

chapm

Swing all you want, like it or not, its open again.
Nothing to do with me liking or disliking, but your degree of butt hurt with the thread being closed suggests an agenda beyond just a discussion. Even your reply to me, look at it...I can see you sticking out your tongue and going nah-nah-nah like a petulant child.

I look forward to your contribution to the thread topic seeing as your so invested in it.

redsaint

For the sake of my 2 Daughters and 3 Grand-Daughters I would gladly give the Pro-Choice a few Euro.Anything would be better than having those Holy-Joe looper's trying to tell my children how to live there life's.