• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Who funds the Pro-Life Campaign?

FloatingVoterTralee

The group has taken out a half-page colour ad in today's Kerryman, calling on Fine Gael to keep its pre-election promises on the issue. Now, I'm unaware of whether other advertisements have been taken out in other regional or national newspapers, but clearly significant funding is required to conduct such a campaign, and the group should be completely transparent about its sources of donations.

EvotingMachine0197

The group has taken out a half-page colour ad in today's Kerryman, calling on Fine Gael to keep its pre-election promises on the issue. Now, I'm unaware of whether other advertisements have been taken out in other regional or national newspapers, but clearly significant funding is required to conduct such a campaign, and the group should be completely transparent about its sources of donations.
Why?

henryhill

There are various front groups and "charities" involved. I'm sure they do quite a bit of fundraising.

Hitch 22

There are adverts in the Irish Catholic and Alive looking for donations. There are local pro-life groups active in many Catholic parishes throughout the country. I would imagine they raise most of their funds from the devout who donate some money every month. Other money probably comes from Irish Catholic conservatives among the diaspora. The Pro-Life movement is modeled on other Catholic pro-life groups in other countries and I would presume these groups draw their funding from the same well. There are probably wealthy business people who give large donations and others who leave money in their wills.

Frank Galton

American pro-lifers, inter alia.

Bill

tossers

slippy wicket

Religious fundies and assorted wing nuts.

Protestant/Catholic=Irish

There are adverts in the Irish Catholic and Alive looking for donations. There are local pro-life groups active in many Catholic parishes throughout the country. I would imagine they raise most of their funds from the devout who donate some money every month. Other money probably comes from Irish Catholic conservatives among the diaspora. The Pro-Life movement is modeled on other Catholic pro-life groups in other countries and I would presume these groups draw their funding from the same well. There are probably wealthy business people who give large donations and others who leave money in their wills.
Stop pretending like you're trying to help the OP answer his question. All you want to do is 'subtly' paint all pro-lifers as hardline Catholics.

You're not fooling anyone.

pierrepoint

I would hazard a guess that they are funded by donations and fundraising activities. Pretty much the same for the pro death campaign.

slippy wicket

Anti-choicers in Ireland are overwhelmingly devout Roman Catholics.
And probobly the least Christian people you would ever meet.

Casualbets

Was that ad from the Pro-Life Campaign? Or the Pro-Life Movement? They are two distinct groups....

Anti-choicers in Ireland are overwhelmingly devout Roman Catholics.
No Toland, they are not. All devout Catholics are pro-life, sure, but nothing close to all pro-lifers are Catholic.

Hitch 22

They also raise money from performing back street abortions, loansharking, extortion, drug dealing, slave labour, prostitution, bank robbery, selling fake goods, arms deals, smuggling, organs, leaving teeth under pillows, wishing wells, organised begging, selling rosary beads, insider trading and stealing piggy banks from paralyzed children.

Pure scum.

finbin o toole

I would say that we should be able to see both sides funding.Going on a newstalk programme of last saturday week on the pro choice march which had more than one vox pop with someone over from London promoting the abortion industry.

They also raise money from performing back street abortions, loansharking, extortion, drug dealing, slave labour, prostitution, bank robbery, selling fake goods, arms deals, smuggling, organs, leaving teeth under pillows, wishing wells, organised begging, selling rosary beads, insider trading and stealing piggy banks from paralyzed children.

Pure scum.
Amazing how quickly one can identify a headcase. Barely 2 pages in and you've accused pro-lifers of, among other hilariously crazy things, "stealing piggy banks from paralyzed children."

FrankSpeaks

Saw the ad, two good looking young girls holding placards telling FG to keep their promises. I'd say the membership of these groups is predominantly ould wan's too old to have kids in the first place and they like to project themselves as this group full of youths. I saw a picture in last weeks local press of a group of the prolifers protesting outside the local hospital, they were a bunch of Holy Mary's and daily mass goer's and not one of them young enough to have a child.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies