• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Who is selling our River Liffey

elliebee

I was browsing the internet this morning and came across this ad

Products : My Irish river

What I'd like to know is, is this legal? Surely the Liffey river belongs to the people of Ireland and cannot simply be sold?

Does anyone know if this is a Gathering initiative by the government or has someone simply jumped on the bandwagon in the hopes of creaming it from our emigrants?

Who these nameless vendors are is a mystery to me, or am I missing something?

ruserious

If people are stupid enough to buy it, let them. May raise some revenue.

Sure there was a fella in Wales selling 'Welsh Air' in a bottle to some yanks.
Another fella in West Cork selling Sheep sh1te as ''Leprechaun Droppings''.

elliebee

If people are stupid enough to buy it, let them. May raise some revenue.

Sure there was a fella in Wales selling 'Welsh Air' in a bottle to some yanks.
Another fella in West Cork selling Sheep sh1te as ''Leprechaun Droppings''.
Yes but this ad displays The Gathering logo and it's territory in the ownership of the state. Surely this is different.

Dougal

My Irish River is an Irish based company set up by Gavin Kenny. After researching the Irish gift market we wanted to offer an Irish gift that was value for money, enjoyable and could last for eternity. Our aim was to provide the best Irish Gift on the market.

We wanted to design a well presented product that would offer several gifts all in one and would appeal to people with a love of Ireland around the world.

We now offer a unique Irish gift, an opportunity to purchase a piece of the River Liffey to call your very own. The River Liffey is Ireland’s most famous river and runs through the heart of Dublin. Steeped in history the River Liffey has tales dating back to the time of the Vikings.

Our gift can be passed on for generations. We are not just offering the chance to purchase a piece of the River Liffey but the opportunity to fish on your own river as well in the heart of Dublin City.

We are simply offering something that nobody else can and is exclusive to My Irish River.
Our story : My Irish river

Does seem very odd.

neiphin

I was browsing the internet this morning and came across this ad

Products : My Irish river

What I'd like to know is, is this legal? Surely the Liffey river belongs to the people of Ireland and cannot simply be sold?

Does anyone know if this is a Gathering initiative by the government or has someone simply jumped on the bandwagon in the hopes of creaming it from our emigrants?

My Irish River is an Irish based company set up by Gavin Kenny. After researching the Irish gift market we wanted to offer an Irish gift that was value for money, enjoyable and could last for eternity. Our aim was to provide the best Irish Gift on the market.

We wanted to design a well presented product that would offer several gifts all in one and would appeal to people with a love of Ireland around the world.

We now offer a unique Irish gift, an opportunity to purchase a piece of the River Liffey to call your very own. The River Liffey is Ireland’s most famous river and runs through the heart of Dublin. Steeped in history the River Liffey has tales dating back to the time of the Vikings.

Our gift can be passed on for generations. We are not just offering the chance to purchase a piece of the River Liffey but the opportunity to fish on your own river as well in the heart of Dublin City.

We are simply offering something that nobody else can and is exclusive to My Irish River.

neiphin

Should you wish to take time out and fish on your very own river in the heart of Dublin City please contact our qualified instructor to arrange your fishing trip. You will be taken out along with your family and friends and shown the art of fishing whilst taking in the views of Dublin City. Experience a lifetime memory on the River Liffey in the heart of the emerald isle.

Enjoy your My Irish River experience.

All My Irish River owners attending their plot must be accompanied by our qualified instructor and is subject to availability.

Domain details:

domain: MYIRISHRIVER.COM

expires: 2013-09-15
modified: 2012-04-05 20:15:04

owner-contact-id: 70724
owner-name: Gavin Kenny
owner-organisation:
owner-email:
owner-voice: +353.14428194
owner-fax: -
owner-addr: 57 Fitzwilliam Square
owner-addr:
owner-city: Dublin 2
owner-province: Co. Dublin
owner-postcode: -
owner-country: IE

admin-contact-id: 26320
admin-name: ExSite Communications
admin-organisation:
admin-email:
admin-voice: +353.14428194
admin-fax: -
admin-addr: 123 Lower Baggot Street
admin-addr:
admin-city: Dublin 2
admin-province: Co. Dublin
admin-postcode: -
admin-country: IE

tech-contact-id: 26320
tech-name: ExSite Communications
tech-organisation:
tech-email:
tech-voice: +353.14428194
tech-fax: -
tech-addr: 123 Lower Baggot Street
tech-addr:
tech-city: Dublin 2
tech-province: Co. Dublin
tech-postcode: -
tech-country: IE

billing-contact-id: 26320
billing-name: ExSite Communications
billing-organisation:
billing-email:
billing-voice: +353.14428194
billing-fax: -
billing-addr: 123 Lower Baggot Street
billing-addr:
billing-city: Dublin 2
billing-province: Co. Dublin
billing-postcode: -
billing-country: IE

nameserver: NS1.BLACKNIGHT.COM
nameserver: NS2.BLACKNIGHT.COM

registrar-of-record: Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd.
service-provider: Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd.
service-provider-email:
service-provider-control-panel: https://cp.blacknight.com/

FakeViking

My gran used to say "fools and their money are soon parted".

And she didn't have the Interweb!

You have the name, the address and the telephone number.

Give him a shout.

elliebee

My gran used to say "fools and their money are soon parted".

And she didn't have the Interweb!
I say that too (old or what) but I still say this is completely different to the selling leprechaun droppings or fresh air which is an obvious joke.

Last edited:

sic transit

Looks like a fishing licence to me.

Samell

That's what I was thinking. A fancy fishing license with some bits and bobs thrown in.
Can you eat bicycles, shopping trollys and traffic cones or do you have to throw them back? Will we have Spanish trawlers buying up these plots to increase their landing quotas?

GDPR

So for 49 Euro I don't need a fishing/rod licence so long as I only fish in the Liffey ?

What about some sort of boat license ?

The Liffey is very famous for ''Brown'' Trout but I didn't realise there was a market for them :D

Is the Liffey much cleaner upstream of Dublin or something ?

Riadach

All My Irish River owners attending their plot must be accompanied by our qualified instructor and is subject to availability.
So he'll be taking people to the same spot, telling them all it's their river, and none of them can accidentally bump into eachother?