Who killed Phillip Cairns?

needle_too

Anyone figured this one out yet?

What is to be made of all the 'successful businessman' and/or politician rumours?
Have the Gardai made use of DNA techniques to examine his miraculously re-appearing schoolbag? (Or would that have implications for a brother member...or just for sheer fkn incompotence?)

Even 'The Phoenix' havent had the bo77ox to touch this one.

Considering its nearly 21 years since his disappearance can anyone shed any light on this one?

**To save a load of waffly replies - no, I didnt know him; no, I didnt/dont know the family; no, I have no information other than that already published.

He was the same age as me, from the same town and for some reason he always stuck in my head.

The Collective.

I did. Next.

All leads in this case went cold years ago. We will never find out who murdered Philip Cairns unless his killer owns up to the crime, and that is not likely to happen.

Insider2007

needle_too said:
No.

What is to be made of all the 'successful businessman' and/or politician rumours?
Nothing. This country thrives on rumours. There is not a single shred of evidence to back up that one.

Have the Gardai made use of DNA techniques to examine his miraculously re-appearing schoolbag? (Or would that have implications for a brother member...or just for sheer fkn incompotence?)
Ask them.

Because they have nothing to publish.

Considering its nearly 21 years since his disappearance can anyone shed any light on this one?
No.

**To save a load of waffly replies - no, I didnt know him; no, I didnt/dont know the family; no, I have no information other than that already published.
Then why start a thread when no-one other than the person who killed him, if he was killed, knows. But then we don't even know if he was killed. He could have had an accident at a location where his body would not be found. (Not to long ago the remains of a man were found where he had had an accident on a bank beside a railway line. There were plenty of rumours there too, and suspicions of murder. It turned out he slipped, banged his head, and his body decomposed in an inaccessible location. It only was found because an upgrade of a rail line involved people going to that location. If they hadn't he'd still be there. So Philip could have been playing near a river bank and fell in, fell into a hole, anything.

If he was murdered, the murderer knows what happened. If he didn't and had an accident, then only he knows what happened and he is dead.

gahane

needle_too said:

He was the same age as me, from the same town and for some reason he always stuck in my head.

What rumours? And when you say reappearing schoolbag, wasn't that found years and years ago?

needle_too

gahane said:
What rumours? And when you say reappearing schoolbag, wasn't that found years and years ago?
Schoolbag - (hazy recollection here) suddenly reappeared in an area that had been previously searched. The implication was that someone had dumped it there after the area had been searched.

Rumours - didnt a major Dublin criminal alledgedly have some information purloined from a govt legal office about the whole affair and threathened to use it if prosecuted...or did I just dream that bit?
The implication here was that it was 'too hot to handle' for mere civil servants.

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
needle_too said:
Rumours - didnt a major Dublin criminal alledgedly have some information purloined from a govt legal office about the whole affair and threathened to use it if prosecuted...or did I just dream that bit?
The implication here was that it was 'too hot to handle' for mere civil servants.
I thought the only information you had was that already published. I'd be very interested in hearing what your published source is on that one.

daithimac

Twitter
@daveyawesome
I remember hearing that he was messing with friends near a river and that he fell in but they were to frightened to say anyting but I never placed much stock in this rumor as by now someone would have come foward.

Lichfield

He's not even mentioned on the Garda missing persons website

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/missing.html

It's actually quite chilling and very sad when you look at the people still missing. Some of those listed are probably victims of gangland type violance but there really chilling ones are the young women.

We shoudl keep them in mind in the midst of the Madeliene McCann media circus

needle_too

smiffy said:
needle_too said:
I thought the only information you had was that already published. I'd be very interested in hearing what your published source is on that one.
It was published somewhere but I cant remember where.

Sorry but I dont have time to trawl back over everything I've read in the last 20 years.

Wasnt a Dublin criminal involved in a robbery in the AGs office or something... one that started some scandal or other?
D'ya think he only took the one file?

Besides even if I didnt have it from a published source maybe a drunk criminal told me. That'd be good enough for a journo to publish as a source, wouldnt it?

HP

I don't remember anything about this case, can anyone give a brief synopsis?

needle_too

HP said:
I don't remember anything about this case, can anyone give a brief synopsis?
Your not a Garda, by chance. (joke!)

(hazy recollection here btw)

Schoolboy disappeard on the way home from school.

Usual police search.

Nothing found.

Second search undertaken where Cairns schoolbag was found - apparently the bag was placed or dumped there because the police were certain it was not there during the previous search (so goes the story).

Cairns disappeared without a trace aged 14, I think.

To my knowledge nothing has ever been found nor arrests made.

The case lies unsolved and Cairns unfound.
While our wonderfully professional police and civil servants pick their rings in apathy.

The rest you can surmise from the previous posts.

EvotingMachine0197

It is a tad coincidental that this should come up, as I was only reading about this 2 days ago.

Anyway, Philip is still an active missing persons case, as is Mary Boyle, Michael Doyle, Rory Aherne and a myriad of non-nationals.

There are currently 85 missing children (Ireland) registered on ICMEC

May their God be with them and their families.

Philip Cairns on ICMEC

bobbysands81

I spoke to a member of An Garda Siochana who worked on this case and they believe that they know what happened but they couldn't prove it.

Johnny

Stroke said:
This website suggests religious links to the disappearance.
That was always implied about the case. Weren't his religion schooltexts missing from the bag when it turned up in the alley?

Rivershannon

needle_too said:

Wow that is a blast from the past. Was the body ever recovered?
Seem to remember a Herald article some years ago that suggested that the Gardai had some knowledge of what happened but no evidence.

moe

Lichfield said:
It's actually quite chilling and very sad when you look at the people still missing. Some of those listed are probably victims of gangland type violance but there really chilling ones are the young women.
Its been accepted by most people that those young women were murdered. A man from Kildare / Wicklow was arrested, he had links to the areas all of the girls were taken from and since he's been in jail, there's been a serious drop in the number of disappearances of young women in the mid/south Leinster region.

sandar

thats correct moe the chap was a builder

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies