Who should survive the inevitable cull...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
...so who is able enough to merit surving the bloodbath? Was thinking over the weekend and it was very hard to escape the conclusion that I would welcome the sight of almost all the cabinet, and many other rank and file TDs, getting unseated especially my own FF TD John O'Donoghue. The only ones I hope survive are:-

Mary Hanafin - for no good reason, other than that Cowen shafted her so it would annoy him.
Micheal Martin - because he is harmless.
Dara Calleary - see M Martin.

It took a FG friend of mine to point out that Sean Ardagh, Barry Andrews and Pat Carey are also good guys, though sad to see Carey pretend black was white on the Vincent Browne show last week.

I guess there are one or two of the harmless rural ones who can't be too much in the firing line, like Sullivan and Moynihan in rural Cork. But after that it's far easier to think of ones I will enjoy seeing lose out, Frank Fahey, Willia O'Dea etc. etc. etc.

Arracht

Harrmless? We don't need public representatives who are f*cking harmless! We need ones who are effective!
Are any on your list of the saved effective on the national stage? Can they do anything except get a pothole fixed for a constituent?

Asparagus

...so who is able enough to merit surving the bloodbath? Was thinking over the weekend and it was very hard to escape the conclusion that I would welcome the sight of almost all the cabinet, and many other rank and file TDs, getting unseated especially my own FF TD John O'Donoghue. The only ones I hope survive are:-

Mary Hanafin - for no good reason, other than that Cowen shafted her so it would annoy him.
Micheal Martin - because he is harmless.
Dara Calleary - see M Martin.

It took a FG friend of mine to point out that Sean Ardagh, Barry Andrews and Pat Carey are also good guys, though sad to see Carey pretend black was white on the Vincent Browne show last week.

I guess there are one or two of the harmless rural ones who can't be too much in the firing line, like Sullivan and Moynihan in rural Cork. But after that it's far easier to think of ones I will enjoy seeing lose out, Frank Fahey, Willia O'Dea etc. etc. etc.
Not one of them can claim blood free hands - they should be hounded out of office and into prison.

Traitors and quislings.

I think a debate on which of them are less incidious and despicable is moot.

Tea Party Patriot

I think it will be up to the electorate to decide, but if O'Dea runs I will give 100/1 odds on him loosing his seat.

Re your comments on Pat Carey, I think he is a reflection on this government, he seems a very weak willed type of individual to me, probably too nice for politics in some ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies