Who was stupid enough to give Ciaran Cuffe the Transport committee chair

brughahaha

Twice now Ive heard Ciaran Cuffe on Newstalk and Ive come to the conclusion that allowing him to chair the DCC transport committee is akin to getting your teetotalling vegan granny to buy the supplys for you BBQ

Its fairly clear hes a car hating loon , utterly beholden to the cycling lobby
Fresh from his disaster on the quays , he now wants to inflict untold misery on those nasty motorists that live in the entire North East of the city by bottlenecking Fairview down to 1 lane (which will mean nothing will get into town while traffic waits to turn right towards Ballybough

He claimed on Radio today , this stretch was "a race course " ...He's lying (of course) errr i drive it numerous times per week ...and its never "a race course , its always busy ....this would just make it a car park

It also looks as the legal requirement of a procedure to allow public submissions wasnt followed , its another utter cluster f@ck by this fanatical anti car cycling zealot

Last time he told a woman to use Dublin Bus to get to her wedding ...and he was serious !!

Now after reading his biog , Im sure you'll be amazed that this green warrior is a nice middle class millionaire Gonzaga boy , and an architect (what in the greens ......never :roll:) , who thinks everyone can cycle into work Mon - Friday and he is (with Keegan) reeking havoc on Dublin City centre as it becomes simply impossible to carry on commercial activity , between the log jam, traffic restrictions , event road closures and overall car hatred.

The man is impervious tom the utter misery hes causing

Seriously , I know DCC plumbs new depths of Irish Public service incompetence all the time ...But Cuffe in charge of the Transport committee of this city given his extreme one sided views ...seriously ?

Congalltee

The car kills 152+ a year by knocking them and subjects thousands to repiratory problems.
The fact that 70 people on each bus get through the quays has been a great success.
Next up is a congestion charge between the canals and fully segregated cycle lanes.
Polluting motorists will have to suck it up.

[edit: 2016, 21 people were killed by cars in Dublin.
Nationally in 2014, 2125 were seriously injured]

Last edited:

tigerben

He came across very arrogant this morning with Pat Kenny ,a man who knows better than anyone else it seems. Will the word “vulnerable” stop been over used . He said the park couldn’t be used as vulnerable women and children would have to cycle through . Why don’t the Green Party and all other parties realize that motorists which include them pay through the nose for cars , petrol , road tax , insurance but yet are the last people with rights it seems on roads?

Volatire

Cuffe is an arrogant creep.

The diesel car policy of so-called "greens" has killed thousands of Dubliners.

No apology has been forthcoming from these fundamentalist loons.

Windowshopper

Anytime someone is called ' a car hating loon , utterly beholden to the cycling lobby ' they go up in my estimation.

What the hell is the cycling the lobby? Last time I checked there is no cycling organisation comparable in size or influence to say the AA, and the various hauling and courier companies.

Last edited:

brughahaha

The car kills 400 a year by knocking them and subjects thousands to repiratory problems.
The fact that 70 people on each bus get through the quays has been a great success.
Next up is a congestion charge between the canals and fully segregated cycle lanes.
Polluting motorists will have to suck it up.
Sweet Jesus :roll: Even if every bus was jammed to the rafters ,every Luas filled nose to nose and every Dart heaving < public Transport could only handle 43% of commuters

BTW I presume , if you work , you have a desk , a computer , a chair , you drink coffeee , have a sandwich ....how do you think they are in the city ...Dobby the Magic elf ?

How do you think your office was built ...Pharaohs slaves carrying everything on the path .....not very bright are you

And BTW just to prove you're not very bright , this is in the Dublin forum ....400 people do not die on the roads in Dublin

Let me guess , either a student or some 9-5 office jockey ?

brughahaha

He came across very arrogant this morning with Pat Kenny ,a man who knows better than anyone else it seems. Will the word “vulnerable” stop been over used . He said the park couldn’t be used as vulnerable women and children would have to cycle through . Why don’t the Green Party and all other parties realize that motorists which include them pay through the nose for cars , petrol , road tax , insurance but yet are the last people with rights it seems on roads?
He actually said " Vulnerable women and children being routed hundreds of meters from the main road".....err the edge of the park is right beside the road ....Ive heard him do that before , exaggerate (the polite term for it) when caught out

Clanrickard

Now after reading his biog , Im sure you'll be amazed that this green warrior is a nice middle class millionaire Gonzaga boy , and an architect (what in the greens ......never :roll:) ,
So based on his profession and the school he went to you are using this against him. Righto.

wombat

The people responsible for electing councillors are the voters. If we elect crazies, we can't complain when they implement crazy policies.

Bill

So based on his profession and the school he went to you are using this against him. Righto.
Gonzaga was always full of tossers, crap at rugby too.

wombat

I only drive into the city centre if I need to collect something with the car or if I have several people travelling with me. I notice a lot of our PS drive in and park all day, personally, I hate driving in the city. That said, restricting cars in the city gives great encouragement to shoppers to use suburban malls. If they close city centre businesses, who will pay the rates?

brughahaha

No but he certainly meets the stereotype and endorses the cliche of the rich middle class Green Party activist

brughahaha

The Rahenyite

Twice now Ive heard Ciaran Cuffe on Newstalk and Ive come to the conclusion that allowing him to chair the DCC transport committee is akin to getting your teetotalling vegan granny to buy the supplys for you BBQ

Its fairly clear hes a car hating loon , utterly beholden to the cycling lobby
Fresh from his disaster on the quays , he now wants to inflict untold misery on those nasty motorists that live in the entire North East of the city by bottlenecking Fairview down to 1 lane (which will mean nothing will get into town while traffic waits to turn right towards Ballybough

He claimed on Radio today , this stretch was "a race course " ...He's lying (of course) errr i drive it numerous times per week ...and its never "a race course , its always busy ....this would just make it a car park

It also looks as the legal requirement of a procedure to allow public submissions wasnt followed , its another utter cluster f@ck by this fanatical anti car cycling zealot

Last time he told a woman to use Dublin Bus to get to her wedding ...and he was serious !!

Now after reading his biog , Im sure you'll be amazed that this green warrior is a nice middle class millionaire Gonzaga boy , and an architect (what in the greens ......never :roll:) , who thinks everyone can cycle into work Mon - Friday and he is (with Keegan) reeking havoc on Dublin City centre as it becomes simply impossible to carry on commercial activity , between the log jam, traffic restrictions , event road closures and overall car hatred.

The man is impervious tom the utter misery hes causing

Seriously , I know DCC plumbs new depths of Irish Public service incompetence all the time ...But Cuffe in charge of the Transport committee of this city given his extreme one sided views ...seriously ?
I heard him on Newstalk this morning on Pat Kenny and he's an utter gobsh1te. He seemed to be saying that it is right to turn a well known bottleneck with three different lanes of traffic (Clontarf Rd, Howth Rd and Malahide Rd) all converging because it's a racing track at non-rush hour:roll:

I'm with George Hook in describing Cuffe as a cycling fanatic. Cuffe is tho just one of the many faults the electorate made in 2014 in electing a largely left wing council.

The Rahenyite

What I don't understand is why not take some of the park and make it part of the path/cycle lane? Cuffe and his like will say it's dangerous to vulnerable cyclists, women and children, at night but there already is a cycle lane on the path that runs parallel to the park! What is most frustrating is there was no public consultation on this.

brughahaha

I heard him on Newstalk this morning on Pat Kenny and he's an utter gobsh1te. He seemed to be saying that it is right to turn a well known bottleneck with three different lanes of traffic (Clontarf Rd, Howth Rd and Malahide Rd) all converging because it's a racing track at non-rush hour:roll:

I'm with George Hook in describing Cuffe as a cycling fanatic. Cuffe is tho just one of the many faults the electorate made in 2014 in electing a largely left wing council.
It isnt , but it moves (Its a 40 kmph zone and regularly has a Gatso van parked ,) suggest Mr Cuffe take it up with the Guards if he feels regular law breaking takes place ) ....The cycling fanatice=s , dont want traffic to move , they want it to be an utter misery everywhere , all the time.

Im still trying to get my head around him telling a Bride to get the Bus to her wedding , not a private charter mind ...the Number 10 :roll: Thats how much of a car hating loon he is

nakatomi

It isnt , but it moves (Its a 40 kmph zone and regularly has a Gatso van parked ,) suggest Mr Cuffe take it up with the Guards if he feels regular law breaking takes place ) ....The cycling fanatice=s , dont want traffic to move , they want it to be an utter misery everywhere , all the time.

Im still trying to get my head around him telling a Bride to get the Bus to her wedding , not a private charter mind ...the Number 10 :roll: Thats how much of a car hating loon he is
Could you not afford a taxi?

But it is terrible all the Brides having to get a PSV to their weddings and not being able to drive themselves.:roll:

brughahaha

What I don't understand is why not take some of the park and make it part of the path/cycle lane? Cuffe and his like will say it's dangerous to vulnerable cyclists, women and children, at night but there already is a cycle lane on the path that runs parallel to the park! What is most frustrating is there was no public consultation on this.
Ifv thats a danger to Women and Chldren , then so is the existing cycle lane at the Junction of Alfie Byrne road , which is even further away from the main road.

Of course he's just spoofing because he was caught out by Kenny .....2 fiascos in a month (quays cycle lane) , with official slapdowns , will surely even convince the Greens this man is an eejit

Expose the lot of them

I only drive into the city centre if I need to collect something with the car or if I have several people travelling with me. I notice a lot of our PS drive in and park all day, personally, I hate driving in the city. That said, restricting cars in the city gives great encouragement to shoppers to use suburban malls. If they close city centre businesses, who will pay the rates?
I have three offices in Dublin, IFSC, Ballsbridge and Sandyford, I often have to visit all three in the same day, even if I am only going to one it would be a two bus, bus/luas, one and half to two hour journey.

The lunatics of the cycling Taliban see cycling, with laptop, as an option for me.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies