• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Who will be our next President

Iarmhi Gael

Latest Odds - 10/6/09

Odds at 2nd March 2009

Cann't see Bertie even getting the FF nomination at this stage.

So who is your money on folks. I always thought it was Sein Fein's wishes to have Gerry Adams up there and be in the Aras for the Centenary celebrations of 2016. Cann't see Gerry liking the Pheonix Park myself

Prices Courtesy of Paddy Power btw

Last edited:
I've said it before, if that little f*cker gets within the proverbial ass's roar, I'll be gone to Britain the next day. Not that the Presidency has power, just what it would say about the people I live among.

Reynolds reckons he has Alzheimers, so 40-1 is optimistic. I think we're sick of women presidents now, so I'd leave them out of the running. Norris or Crowley so...

blucey

Norris has the best bet - hard to attack on ad hominem grounds, by far the best speaker of the lot, intelligent and used to living in grand old houses...

COMMIE

I think Michael D Higgins would be a person who could be a future president of Ireland. He is like is all circles of life and is a well educated and cultured man of the world.

Factorem

I'm sorry, but David Norris is a disgrace. He plays the Irish inferiority complex/west Brit card like a king.

A pompous Anglican fairy who's abstracted away, far from reality.

He's full of hot air and probably the most over-rated member of the Seanad.

Factorem

I think Michael D Higgins would be a person who could be a future president of Ireland. He is like is all circles of life and is a well educated and cultured man of the world.
Michael D should have gone last time round.

I fear he's too old now.

Factorem

Are we gonna have another woman?

Sure we might as well make Joan Burton Taoiseach while we're at it.

TradCat

I thought Brian Crowley was a shoo in but no FFer could win now. It's between FG and Labour. Dick Spring could win.

drbob1972

I'm sorry, but David Norris is a disgrace. He plays the Irish inferiority complex/west Brit card like a king.

A pompous Anglican fairy who's abstracted away, far from reality.

He's full of hot air and probably the most over-rated member of the Seanad.
your joking me right, your objecting to him for being both gay and an anglican (by birth, no idea if hes active in his faith / church), why stop there, what about being over weight, folically challenged, and going blind ?

honest to feck, such muppertary, even if in jest :x

Factorem

I can't stand Norris. I dislike him politically and imagine I'd dislike him personally too.

The fact that he's Dublin University Senator masquerading as an "independent" makes him even more detestable.

BTW, "Anglican fairy" are words Norris used to describe himself at a debate I was once at.

drbob1972

I can't stand Norris. I dislike him politically and imagine I'd dislike him personally too.

The fact that he's Dublin University Senator masquerading as an "independent" makes him even more detestable.

BTW, "Anglican fairy" are words Norris used to describe himself at a debate I was once at.
fine so you dislike the man's politics and think you'd dislike him personally also, however stating that he would be unsuitable office due to his religion or sexual orientation is just wrong...

hes a senator representing Trinity, hes not a member of any party, how does that not make him an independent ?

as for him saying it, that may be so, personally i've not heard it, however its comparible to black men whom call one another n******, however i'd caution you not too

He3

Sean FitzPatrick seems to embody some of our most deep-rooted national characteristics. If we want someone to represent modern Ireland to the world why look beyond him?

blinding

Its probably a bit soon for Mary Lou McDonald but its probably only a matter of time before she is either Taoiseach or President whichever she prefers really.

Factorem

fine so you dislike the man's politics and think you'd dislike him personally also, however stating that he would be unsuitable office due to his religion or sexual orientation is just wrong...

hes a senator representing Trinity, hes not a member of any party, how does that not make him an independent ?

as for him saying it, that may be so, personally i've not heard it, however its comparible to black men whom call one another n******, however i'd caution you not too
Feck off with your caution.

It's not as if you own the site, is it?

I've plenty of reasons for not voting for someone. I don't give a hoot if you do or don't like those reasons.