Who will be the first female Taoiseach?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
It could be a long way off, which makes it hard to predict. But it's got to happen sooner or later.

zakalwe

enda kenny! :lol:

Limerick Lad

Didn't we have one already, De Valera I believe had a penchant for dressing in women's clothing when the occasion demanded. :lol:

FakeViking

tralee1 said:
bertie ahern after the sex change
Come on! We all know he's a populist git, but isn't that a bit much? A spine implant might be better value!

doozer

Mairead McGuinness?

Big Jim

While I understand Enda used to have a bit of penchant for cross-dressing and hanging around the Burlo in the 80s, rumours of him actually being a woman are grossly exaggerated! Eitherway I don’t think he's any chance of becoming Taoiseach, male, female or otherwise. I’d say Mairead McGuinness closely followed by Mary Hanafin and then Mary Coughlan are the front-runners.

Akrasia

yer one from the labour party. whatsername? ya know, yer one. her.

jady88

doozer said:
Mairead McGuinness?
Bah wrong party...
Definitly MAry Hanafin... possibly Mary Coughlan.
Or in a twist Blathnaid from The afternooon show.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Whilst I think it would be nice to suddenly notice that we had a female taoiseach wishing for one is dangerous. Consider say in Britain: Blair was the coming thing & very nicely he stacked the deck so that many more female Labour candidates were selected & elected in '97. Afterwards they were referred to as the "Blair Babes" ... however analysis done by the London Times on their voting records found that Blair had stacked the decks doubly so: the Blair Babes were über loyal to the point of sycophancy in supporting the Blair presidency unwaveringly in all Commons votes.

Also I tend to notice that many prominent "female" polticians have a lot of the "masculine" traits that attracting females was supposed to balance out: eg Mary Harney's cunning, sneaky back stabbing & plotting to out maneuver Cox. A beast in woman's clothing ... actually a beast in ... anyway.

Just putting up a demand & saying: Women, give us women ! may not get what is wanted. I'd be leery of any boost factor that being female would give a candidate for party leadership. The fairest & best way is to look beyond gender.

cYp

A_man_about_a_dog

Mary Hanafin without a doubt. Has all the right qualities, just needs a bit more experience.

Anyone who thinks Mairead McGuinness will be the first female Taoiseach is off their head. She's only running in Louth because Enda wanted to scare Fergus O'Dowd out of any leadership aspirations he had. She wont be a real threat come the next FG leadership battle(presumably after they loose theforthcoming election! :wink: )

jayblue

were shafted if in is Mary Hanafin, she will have the whole country saying the rosary on the hour every hour, the liberal -social agenda would be paut away in a closet and nopt opened for another 10 years. Anyone but Mary Hanafin.

hiding behind a poster

Big Jim said:
While I understand Enda used to have a bit of penchant for cross-dressing and hanging around the Burlo in the 80s

Errr, moderators - isn't that just a teensy-weensy-weensy bit libellous?

seamasdefaoite

possibly mary hanafin however if she ****ed up the edumaction sytem(see what i mean) i doubt if she could manage a country

Big Jim

hiding behind a poster said:
[quote="Big Jim":2nc1fd5m]While I understand Enda used to have a bit of penchant for cross-dressing and hanging around the Burlo in the 80s
Errr, moderators - isn't that just a teensy-weensy-weensy bit libellous?[/quote:2nc1fd5m]

… is satire to be proscribed along with hoodies under the new blue shirt regime?

doozer

cyberianpan said:
Also I tend to notice that many prominent "female" polticians have a lot of the "masculine" traits that attracting females was supposed to balance out: eg Mary Harney's cunning, sneaky back stabbing & plotting to out maneuver Cox. A beast in woman's clothing ... actually a beast in ... anyway.

cYp
FFS! And they wonder why there aren't more female posters on this site. What embarrasing drivel. :roll:

A_man_about_a_dog said:
Mary Hanafin without a doubt. Has all the right qualities, just needs a bit more experience.
Oh god no! I'd skip the country :(

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies