• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Who will be the new leader fo Fine Gael?

Given that this poll suggests that FG are the new UUP and are having a Neil Kinnock moment 1992 - Who will be in the running fot leadership for FG when Kenny has egg on his face??

Would they even "dream of it baby"??!!!!

TradCat

It's Richard Bruton's for the asking I'd say. But would he want it?

Barricadas!

somebody half as hip and down with the kids as Enda will surely be hard to find.

baby.

sodabrab

A little premature everything to play for. Enda has done a fantastic job to get FG into this position i.e. a real chance of leading a govt

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
They need to find someone who is not wooden and who can rival Berties' or the next FF leaders' popularity and common touch with the public. Someone like John Deasy, Simon Coveney or Damian English might do the trick. I concede that Kenny is a considerably better leader than Noonan and will consequently do much better. But all it does it bring back FG to levels under Bruton in terms of share of the vote - but not enough to get them into govt. It really seems that since 1987, FG are stuck below 30%.

sodabrab said:
A little premature everything to play for. Enda has done a fantastic job to get FG into this position i.e. a real chance of leading a govt
well said "Baby"!!!

he'll go down in political history for that one - along with his impression of JFK on Dunphy of course!!!

AynRand

super pedestrian said:
It aint over till a certian PD T.D. sings
Its meltdown time for FG and Labour. Pat Rabbitte blew his foot off ruling out FF and the public decided after the debates last week that Enda Kenny aint no leader of the Irish Republic.

CJH

FutureTaoiseach said:
They need to find someone who is not wooden and who can rival Berties' or the next FF leaders' popularity and common touch with the public. Someone like John Deasy, Simon Coveney or Damian English might do the trick.
You're just picking the ones you fancy ;)

This thread is premature. Kenny could still be Taoiseach. Unlikely, but not impossible

FutureTaoiseach said:
They need to find someone who is not wooden and who can rival Berties' or the next FF leaders' popularity and common touch with the public. Someone like John Deasy, Simon Coveney or Damian English might do the trick.
Ain't nobody in the north with Big Ian's popularity nor bertie's in the south. If there is it certainly is not in FG!!

The Earl of Desmond

Enda Kenny will stay as leader of FG as he has done a fantastic job so far until he f**ked it up on the debate. But I hope FG change tactic and start playing dirty for once as after this election it has nothing left ot lose by not playing FF at it's own game. If Enda stays as leader then he needs to first off get some intensive media training and then go for the FF jugular. No more Tallaght Strategy or anything else for the good of the nation crap. No more cooperation in the Dail - maybe just for once be a proper opposition exactly the way FF would be.

brenofg

Website
www.yfg.ie
listen lads please dont think of the next leader of the fine gael there are only 4 daysa left and the party is going to wins this elections, as i member of the yfg i want to see a change of government and Fine Gael will do that under Enda Kenny CONTACT FOR A BETTER IRELAND will do that on thursday next

Supermanpolitician

Lads,

While you all conjecture about next Taoiseach....would you put money where your mouth is.

PM me and I will me more than happy to take your money. Enda to be Taoiseach as Alternative's worst case scenario is 43% FF/PD worst Case scenario is 35%
Alternative's best case secnario is 49% FF/PD best case scenario is 43% (i.e. equal to FG's worst case).

Show me the money! PM me and I will make arrangements to take the bets....unless you are chicken, bok, bok, bok, bok!

Respvblica

freshthinking4ever said:
Given that this poll suggests that FG are the new UUP and are having a Neil Kinnock moment 1992 !
new UUP??? FG could only dream to have inherited a 70 year monopoloy on power. I missed the rise of FG to dominance somewhere. So in that context your anaology of a fall makes no sense. When FF fall(whenever that is? that will be a UUP moment). I think you have to look further a field for a comparison for FGs state.
As to the question, isnt it a bit early to be speculating but a stupid question deserves a stupid answer. Dr. Liam Twomey of course.

TradCat

brenofg

The contract was doing well until Bertie showed us the small print. You'd want to stop flogging it now. You'll only irritate people.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
why not get that gobshite who sings "oh what a beautiful morning", and makes Enda look like a grinning fool beside him, every time there is a television camera within 50 feet.

Note to FG people when that happens:

We are laughing at you, not with you

Respvblica

TradCat said:
brenofg

The contract was doing well until Bertie showed us the small print. You'd want to stop flogging it now. You'll only irritate people.
True. Accountability is such a drag.

The Earl of Desmond

I don't think Bertie trashed the contract all but I do think enda completely failed to control the debate and point out the flaws in FF and EK ended up being defensive when it is Bertie who has been in power 10 years - Bertie did his usual 'if only I could do something' bit.

The mentality of the public who support Cullen, Roche etc is crying out for an international antropologist to investigate.

FG seem to breed leadres who are out of touch with people such as:

Garret Fitz
Dukes of hazzard
Homer Brutal
Nee Naw Noonan
Inda "I am funky" Kinny

What an embarrassment the lot of them. At l3ast Fitz had some intellect but since then... :oops: