Who will replace Enda Kenny in June 07?

Big Bruffer

Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
24
Next Leader will be female. Take your pick

Olivia Mitchell

Deirdre Clune

Mairead Mc Guinness

(Assuming no contest until 2011)
 


Rocky

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
8,625
ChrIreland said:
Who the fcuk cares who will replace Kenny? It will be just another blueshirt.
:roll: :roll:
 

Rocky

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
8,625
ChrIreland said:
Its so easy to flush out the FGers here................................ :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll:
 

ChrIreland

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
82
Its so easy to flush out the FGers here................................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

My apologies, Rocky........ :oops:
 

DOD

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
642
Varus said:
green said:
Other than you, who thinks Kenny will be forced to retire when FG fail to get into government? Given their local and European results last year, increasing their seats by a comparatively modest ten or so should be enough to guarantee his safety.
In fairness if he doesn't win the election he will have to go, Bertie, Pat and Trevor are in the same boat. If Bertie hadn't won in '97 he would have been shafted long ago.
In all fairness, I don't think Trevor is in the same boat, the greens are a small party and while I'm sure they would like to be in government (well some of them anyway), it's basically up to yourselves or Labour, so unless they lost practically all their seats or he was the one that lost out to Clare Daly, I wouldn't see him being ousted. Even though I can't understand for the life of me how they let him lead the party when they have John Gormley and Dan Boyle.
 

AndrewM

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2005
Messages
75
Website
www.greenparty.ie
DOD said:
In all fairness, I don't think Trevor is in the same boat, the greens are a small party and while I'm sure they would like to be in government (well some of them anyway), it's basically up to yourselves or Labour, so unless they lost practically all their seats or he was the one that lost out to Clare Daly, I wouldn't see him being ousted. Even though I can't understand for the life of me how they let him lead the party when they have John Gormley and Dan Boyle.
Trevs a great leader and all, but just to answer your question-Dan Boyle wasn't a TD during the election contest, and although he was one of the 'targeted candidates', it was quite a shock that he got elected.
As for Gormley, he didn't put his name forward. Prehaps he didn't want it, prehaps he thought he couldn't win and it would cause resentment, I dunno.
But there's your answer.
 

DOD

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
642
BarryW said:
TKwhiskers said:
He might even be able to produce a costed program for Government.
I see your back to your old trolling tactic tonight: raking up 2-month old threads to try to paper overthe fact that FG/LAbour are on the up.

What a sadcase! :D
This from the man who brought us.

SF/IRA death threats to Shell: Later proven to be a load of boll-ocks, and a source from a paper he claims not to take seriously.

ROC would love to see FF in government.

SF/IRA only involved in Rossport 5 to sell An Phoblachts.

Granted, TK whiskers is a sh1t stirrer but is he really any worse than you?
 

Minister3

Active member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
145
It'll probably take the party 2 to three years again to sort out leadership post 07.Just had a look through the constituencies and all I can see going on(97 99 02 and 04 election results)i s FG gaining at most 3 seats in dublin definitely1 in Dublin South East 2 definite and one touch and go .
Brian Hayes doesn't stand a chance in Dublin South West and Nora Owens vote base seemed to have disappeared in Le04 so write her off too de northside looks equally bleak.
In Cork possibly one seat gain and they look like losing the bye election gain in Meath.
Limerick will be stagnant with possibly one FF seat changing hands Peter Power losing to Eddie Wade FF.
Every where else the numbers dont add up even working with the disastrous FF results in LE 04 or the recent poll figures FF could lose 12 but they will regain Meath and Kildare nth with a full field of candidates but
8of these these look like they will go SF Ind and Labour
On a positive F.G. will hold all they have bar Meath.I think Enda will be gone by July 07.So I call it bar a few surprises
FF down 10 lose 12 gain 2
2 independents lose Def F Mc Grath gone .
FG up 4 (3FF & 1 ind seat)
Lab up 6 (5 ff & 1 ind seat)
SF up 3 (2 FF seats& 1 ind seat P Doherty in Donegal to take it
Greens down 1
FF could still form a govt as it would put them just below where they were in 97 all P.D.s bar Fiona O Malley look safe.leaving the P.Ds with one more than 97 and pile in a few independents and theyre back.
 

DOD

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
642
Minister3 said:
FF down 10 lose 12 gain 2
2 independents lose Def F Mc Grath gone .
FG up 4 (3FF & 1 ind seat)
Lab up 6 (5 ff & 1 ind seat)
SF up 3 (2 FF seats& 1 ind seat P Doherty in Donegal to take it
Greens down 1
FF could still form a govt as it would put them just below where they were in 97 all P.D.s bar Fiona O Malley look safe.leaving the P.Ds with one more than 97 and pile in a few independents and theyre back.
You might be slightly overestimating FF and Labour, underestimating FG and SF. Close enough with the rest, although I'd say it's by by for McDowell and Sexton too.
 

BarryW

Active member
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
262
DOD said:
ROC would love to see FF in government
For the umpteenth time - of his 4 favoured outcomes of the next election, ALL involve Fianna Fail being returned to office.

From this, would you say that ROC is bitterly opposed to the idea of FF in Government?! Gimme a break! :lol:

DOD said:
SF/IRA only involved in Rossport 5 to sell An Phoblachts
I never said that. Their primary reason for being involved was to get free publicity and votes. Making money out of it was a concern for them, but not the main one
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom