Who's behind the Great Lotto

Catalpast

Seeing as P.ie has the Ireland's biggest concentration of conspiracy theorists, I'm gobsmacked it has taken until now to start a thread on last Saturday's Lotto draw.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/1008/910715-lottery/

A trick of the light? Pah! In all honesty, there can't be a tin foil hat in the length and breadth of Ireland who accepts the National Lottery's explanation.

The public has a right to know who's behind this sickening revelation of yet another another mind-boggling example of what happens behind the scenes in the most corrupt, evil, brutal, elitist, reactionary state in the world. Is it
- The Church?
- Fianna Fail?
- The EU?
- Angela Merkel?
- The GAA?
- Vladimir Putin?
- The Christain Brothers?
- ISIS?
- The Shinners?
- The banks?
- Trump?
- Slab Murphy?
- Goldman Sachs?
- The Freemasons?
- RTE?
- Denis O'Brien?
- The Illuminati?
- Elvis?
- Aliens from outer space?

Nothing less than a full, sworn, independent, public enquiry before a Dail Committee with powers to enforce the attendance of all the above suspects under pain of arrest can set the nation's mind at rest. The Government should immediately appoint an ambitious backbencher to chair it.
The Brothers of the Holy Lamp....:cool:

I saw an albino limping around Montrose on Saturday.

He had removed his eyes and replaced them with lottery balls.

The Field Marshal

I have for many years now deemed the Sat night lotto card Game show as partially rigged.
There was a very unhealthy interaction between the way contestants were asked which colour / box/letter etc they would pick and the subsequent reaction/ revelation done by the so so called independent random computer.

Far too many predictable patterns emerged to convince me that the game was based on free random electronic selection.
Indeed I recollect posting a thread on the matter that was removed due to alleged legal difficulties.

I don't think the big wheel is rigged or the actual lotto but still have suspicions over the rest of it.

As for the scratch cards?
Total swindle.

Last edited:

Accidental sock

I suspect is was sabotaged, by the old guy with the glasses from Stokes Kennedy Crowley...

I imagine, 20 years hence, he'll walk out of a warehouse in Montrose, like a Japanese soldier walking out of the jungle in the 70s.....

As staff reassuringly shout "it's OK, the war is over, KPMG do all the independent oversight now"

kynikos

Games of chance are always above board, and played only by the finest people.

hoipolloi

I saw an albino limping around Montrose on Saturday.

He had removed his eyes and replaced them with lottery balls.

No, case of mistaken identity.

The person you saw must have been Firefly 123 (it's the eyes wot gave him away).

paddycomeback

Seeing as P.ie has the Ireland's biggest concentration of conspiracy theorists, I'm gobsmacked it has taken until now to start a thread on last Saturday's Lotto draw.

A trick of the light? Pah! In all honesty, there can't be a tin foil hat in the length and breadth of Ireland who accepts the National Lottery's explanation.

The public has a right to know who's behind this sickening revelation of yet another another mind-boggling example of what happens behind the scenes in the most corrupt, evil, brutal, elitist, reactionary state in the world. Is it
- The Church?
- Fianna Fail?
- The EU?
- Angela Merkel?
- The GAA?
- Vladimir Putin?
- ISIS?
- The Shinners?
- The banks?
- Trump?
- Slab Murphy?
- Goldman Sachs?
- The Freemasons?
- RTE?
- Denis O'Brien?
- The Illuminati?
- Elvis?

Nothing less than a full, sworn, independent, public enquiry before a Dail Committee with powers to enforce the attendance of all the above suspects under pain of arrest can set the nation's mind at rest. The Government should immediately appoint an ambitious backbencher to chair it.
- The Brits.
Strangely absent. Like it didn't even occur to you.

Ellen Ripley

It's the Canooks of course....the Canadian teachers.

It's always the ones where suspicion is least likely to fall who are guilty...

Orbit v2

Funnily enough, I've often wondered what would it take to fake the lottery draw, and believe it's the kind of conspiracy that someone could almost pull off. The number of people you would need in on it, is not that great I would suggest, and the potential rewards could be huge. Basically, you would just film a draw in advance, and broadcast the taped version instead of the live show. I know the lottery have people in the studio, and supposedly someone from KPMG is there (or there used to be at least), but it's a small number of people and nobody outside the studio would know the difference.

Ellen Ripley

Seriously, that was no 'trick of the light'.
Much as we'd all enjoy the excitement of a huge Lotto scandal :lol:...study the second '3' in the 33 on the screenshot in the OP; it's got a longer 'tail' than a normal 3, looks more like an 8 with a bit erased to me.

RasherHash

Much as we'd all enjoy the excitement of a huge Lotto scandal :lol:...study the second '3' in the 33 on the screenshot in the OP; it's got a longer 'tail' than a normal 3, looks more like an 8 with a bit erased to me.
Conspiraloon.

che schifo

Funnily enough, I've often wondered what would it take to fake the lottery draw, and believe it's the kind of conspiracy that someone could almost pull off. The number of people you would need in on it, is not that great I would suggest, and the potential rewards could be huge. Basically, you would just film a draw in advance, and broadcast the taped version instead of the live show. I know the lottery have people in the studio, and supposedly someone from KPMG is there (or there used to be at least), but it's a small number of people and nobody outside the studio would know the difference.
Why is having KPMG there supposed to reassure us it's straight up? This is the same KPMG that audited Irish Nationwide, EBS, AIB and Irish Life and Permanent, and saw no problems..

This book has fixing a lottery as a plot. I quite enjoyed it..

https://davidbaldacci.com/book/the-winner/

She is twenty, beautiful, dirt-poor, and hoping for a better life for her infant daughter when she is offered the gift of a lifetime, a $100 million lottery jackpot. All LuAnn Tyler has to do is change her identity and leave the U.S. forever.

It’s an offer she dares to refuse…until violence forces her hand and thrusts her into a harrowing game of high-stakes, big-money subterfuge. It’s a price she won’t fully pay…until she does the unthinkable and breaks the promise that made her rich.

For if LuAnn Tyler comes home, she will be pitted against the deadliest contestant of all: the chameleonlike financial mastermind who changed her life. And who can take it away at will…

Orbit v2

Why is having KPMG there supposed to reassure us it's straight up? This is the same KPMG that audited Irish Nationwide, EBS, AIB and Irish Life and Permanent, and saw no problems..
Indeed. Aside from all that, in the early years, they had an actual human in the studio for every draw. He was introduced, gave a little wave to the camera, and the effect was that someone nominally independent was overseeing the whole thing. I suspect they got sick of paying the KPMG hourly rate, and came up with a cheaper form of "auditing".
This book has fixing a lottery as a plot. I quite enjoyed it..

https://davidbaldacci.com/book/the-winner/

Dedogs

- The Church?
- Fianna Fail?
- The EU?
- Angela Merkel?
- The GAA?
- Vladimir Putin?
- ISIS?
- The Shinners?
- The banks?
- Trump?
- Slab Murphy?
- Goldman Sachs?
- The Freemasons?
- RTE?
- Denis O'Brien?
- The Illuminati?
- Elvis?

are you livin in a cave or something mate???? its always the patriarchy done it!!!!

New Threads

Most Replies