• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Who's bull$hitting who? Jan O'Sullivan or AK47?

Prof Honeydew

According to Alan Kelly, Jan O'Sullivan wanted a leadership contest in Labour. But she wouldn't nominate him to have a contest.

Jan O'Sullivan predicts no party fall out in Limerick over Alan Kelly - News - Limerick Leader

Seems her stance has seriously pi$$ed off her remaining supporters in Limerick. Both Councillor Joe Ninety and this Joe Kemmy guy are spitting bricks that the party membership was denied its say in the election.

A number of supposedly Labour locals are also putting around the story that, if Jan had seconded AK47's nomination, Howlin would have stood aside and Kelly would have got the job. Jeez, some sense of entitlement!

But I suppose it's understandable when you dump your traditional supporters and replace them with the right-on yummies from Limerick's posher suburbs. Jan really has pi$$ed on the people who worked their balls off to get her elected.

Last edited:

statsman

You're beginning to remind me of patslatt and D4; obsession is unhealthy.

im axeled

your post seems to suggest this place will not have the pleasure of ymmek batting for jan if she decides to run in the next election, that we will not hear the word shinner used in anger, no more about armani suits, eating babys etc, thats hard to chew

Paddyc

Who's bull$hitting whom?

Standards, dear boy, standards.....petunia

On the topic itself, Alan Kelly has no friends in the parliamentary labour party and a massive sense of entitlement.

Didn't we know this already?

realistic1

According to Alan Kelly, Jan O'Sullivan wanted a leadership contest in Labour. But she wouldn't nominate him to have a contest.

Jan O'Sullivan predicts no party fall out in Limerick over Alan Kelly - News - Limerick Leader

Seems her stance has seriously pi$$ed off her remaining supporters in Limerick. Both Councillor Joe Ninety and this Joe Kemmy guy are spitting bricks that the party membership was denied its say in the election.

A number of supposedly Labour locals are also putting around the story that, if Jan had seconded AK47's nomination, Howlin would have stood aside and Kelly would have got the job. Jeez, some sense of entitlement!

But I suppose it's understandable when you dump your traditional supporters and replace them with the right-on yummies from Limerick's posher suburbs. Jan really has pi$$ed on the people who worked their balls off to get her elected.
Looks like all the Labour 60year old + are getting a spin at the leadership role, maybe its Jans turn next. Leadership of a Party can derive significant advantages and Labours Careerists are all about the spoils.

Half Nelson

The Labour Party doesn't know what it stands for any more. Is it Left or Centre, Working-Class or Middle-Class, motivated by ideology or practicality?

We've just come through one of the bleakest periods in the history of this State, with Labour as 2IC - evictions rocketing, people struggling to meet basic needs, our healthcare in a mess - and what, according to themselves, is their greatest achievement? - fkn same-sex marriage! What a bunch of bozos!

The problem they now have is that we all know what Howlin stands for... and its's not what the Labour supporters think they stand for.

cricket

It's reached obsession status by now.
Can't remember any bother when Eamon Gilmore became party leader by the same method.
Maybe Labour should establish an army council and allow them to pick the leader.

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

Can't remember any bother when Eamon Gilmore became party leader by the same method.
Maybe Labour should establish an army council and allow them to pick the leader.
Too late, all the stickies have retired and taken their pensions with them :lol:

Cork

Don't mention the army council and their continued criminality.

Parliamentary partys should decide the leader.

GDPR

You have part leadership ambitions, but you can't get anyone to second your nomination.

There's a message there Alan old boy.

Prof Honeydew

"LABOUR TD Jan O’Sullivan does not believe there are going to be "any major problems at all” in the local party as the fallout over the lack of a leadership contest continues.

And she said she believes Alan Kelly’s “time will come”, citing his “relative inexperience” as to why he failed to secure a seconder in his leadership bid.

But the move – which saw Brendan Howlin become Labour leader by default – has caused recriminations in the local Labour party, as many believed it would be Ms O’Sullivan who would second his nomination, and potentially trigger a contest."
Jeez, I don't know about Jan's protestations of it all being sweetness and light here in Limerick. I saw two pensioners clubbing each other with their Zimmer frames in a Corbally garden centre. I assumed they were Labour Party supporters.

carlovian

You have part leadership ambitions, but you can't get anyone to second your nomination.

There's a message there Alan old boy.
That everyone is wrong except him ?

GDPR

That everyone is wrong except him ?
Well obviously.
The alternative, the appalling vista, is not to be contemplated.

+ statistically, the odds of 6 Labour TD's being wrong on any one issue are actually quite high, so he has God and the Labour record on his side.

ymmek

Jeez, I don't know about Jan's protestations of it all being sweetness and light here in Limerick. I saw two pensioners clubbing each other with their Zimmer frames in a Corbally garden centre. I assumed they were Labour Party supporters.
It is a good job we are not in Sinn Fein,they might send in the kneecappers.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies