• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Who's on your ignore list?

flavirostris

Just interested to see if the same posters feature on many peoples ignore lists. I have about 30 odd posters on ignore, some of whom may have left the site.

Anybody abusive goes on ignore straight away or anyone who's a borderline stalker. Anybody who I find a complete waste of time or boring also goes on ignore.

A time waster would be someone who engages in what is commonly called 'shítposting' which is posting meaningless one line jokey posts.

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Just interested to see if the same posters feature on many peoples ignore lists. I have about 30 odd posters on ignore, some of whom may have left the site.

Anybody abusive goes on ignore straight away or anyone who's a borderline stalker. Anybody who I find a complete waste of time or boring also goes on ignore.

A time waster would be someone who engages in what is commonly called 'shítposting' which is posting meaningless one line jokey posts.
30 on ignore???? Seldom do I have anyone on ignore. I have put posters on ignore from time to time, usually for just a day or two until the situation gets back to normal. Then the 'ignore' is lifted.

between the bridges

flavirostris...

Notachipanoaktree

30 on ignore???? Seldom do I have anyone on ignore. I have put posters on ignore from time to time, usually for just a day or two until the situation gets back to normal. Then the 'ignore' is lifted.
Good for you Master.............. What does Vinny think about his private Mod having an ignore list?

gatsbygirl20

I have never put anyone on Ignore. I confess to not really getting the point of the ignore function.

Everyone else can still see the abusive posts, or the posts that annoyed you--even if you can't.

It seems rather like an ostrich putting its head in the sand under the mistaken assumption that because it cannot see any predators, the predators cannot see the ostrich. ( I know this is a myth now debunked, but still...)

I know that I can always put everyone on ignore by logging off and never logging back on. That knowledge is very comforting in difficult times. No need for an Ignore button.

NYCKY

You can ignore posters without actually putting them on ignore.

Franzoni

I can't see the OP what's the thread about...?

flavirostris

mac tíre

I have never put anyone on Ignore. I confess to not really getting the point of the ignore function.

Everyone else can still see the abusive posts, or the posts that annoyed you--even if you can't.

It seems rather like an ostrich putting its head in the sand under the mistaken assumption that because it cannot see any predators, the predators cannot see the ostrich. ( I know this is a myth now debunked, but still...)

I know that I can always put everyone on ignore by logging off and never logging back on. That knowledge is very comforting in difficult times. No need for an Ignore button.
100%

You can ignore posters without actually putting them on ignore.
200%

jmcc

It varies. If I am in fast reading mode, I will have more of the usual windbaggers and trolls on ignore. But I generally remove them from the killfile when not in fast reading mode.

Last edited:

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

Luke 18:11

Calculusmadeeasy

Zero people on the ignore list. Never put anyone on it, and never will.

former wesleyan

Real men don't ignore.

asset test

"I'm putting you on ignore" is probably the biggest compliment some half wits here will ever get in their sad lives.

So no, never. Not necessary. It's all part of the fun.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies