Why are FG not doing better?

CookieMonster

Fine Gael will get into the high ground of 65-70 seats the equivalent of mid 30s in the polls. People are sick of Fianna Fail and ain't believing Labour's yes men and bluffers. All about election day, not opinion polls.
Government by default. Way to go FG!

sport02

It seems the electorate is taking the soft option by going to Labour. Anyone who votes for Labour will be in for a rude awakening when they go back on everything they said in their manifesto for the next election.

Country took the easy option by keeping FF in power and now taking the soft option if Labour get elected.
I don't paticularly think Enda is the best of a leader FG could offer the electorate, but with a general election around the corner, it is time for us all to get behind FG.
When I listen to alot of Labour people on the radio, I dread to think how many cabinet posts they might get their hands on.
They seem quite populas,clueless, I am fed up hearing Pat Rabbitte turning into a storyteller everytime he is asked a question, or motor mouth Gilmore, being so vague.
Have heard a labour councillor and a TD on the radio last few days, first name Kathleen, and they were truly awful in debate.

Granted Ruairi Quinn does come across well.

As for FF, why are they even running in the general election, they are disgraceful,self-serving, traitors to this country, and their finance man, Lenihan can't do basic arithmetic.

johnnypockets

FG to me are the right in Irish political life and Labour and the other mish mash alongside them are the left. At the core of both sides are extrems that frighten. That core in FG I despise a lot more than the core to the left. My strong dislike of FG has nothing whatsoever to do with the Civil War but the type of people who support that party when I meet them in real life tend to have this inflexible belief they hold the moral heart of the country.
To me the reason FG and Labour do not reach the heights in popularity people believe they should and deserve is because sufficient people are nervous of extremes
Where do you see FF in this political spectrum oggy?

CookieMonster

hardly default if they're democratically elected by the people.
Is that what you're telling yourself? People voted for them because they couldn't vote for the other two and feel they have to vote for someone. You said it yourself, we're sick of FF's corruption and Labour's waffle. It's not that we want FG, it's just that they are, it appears, the best of a bad lot. Government by default. Well done FG.

wee slabber

FG, as a team, does not inspire the confidence needed to win power. Ironically, this could be more perception than substance. But people are not in the mood to take chances. given that, expect the electorate to opt for a Lab-FG govt, with Lab getting the nod for Taoiseach. I expect this will turn out to be a well-balanced, effect government. Play their cards right and they will get next 10 years. By that time FF will have shed many of the current bunch of pocket-lining scoundrels.

Bridget558

Its very simple why

Its very simple why FG are not doing better, the public see them as no different from FF and why should they ? Sure Fg talked as much ************************************************ at the last election as FF, sure Fg have more smug tds than FF eg tubs varadkar

oggy

Where do you see FF in this political spectrum oggy?
Would have thought its obvious people who vote FF do so because like me they are nervous of those who carry the baggage of extreme ideology ?

asknoquestions

Would have thought its obvious people who vote FF do so because like me they are nervous of those who carry the baggage of extreme ideology ?
is hanging on to power at all costs, sacrificing the banks, the country and ultimately the party not a teensy bit extremist?

Future

Its very simple why FG are not doing better, the public see them as no different from FF and why should they ? Sure Fg talked as much ************************************************ at the last election as FF, sure Fg have more smug tds than FF eg tubs varadkar
Labour also talked plenty of ************************e at the last election.

oddsox

I said it before,, this ff defense is coached at cumman meetings.. Ireland is here for the good of ff.. Its the economy STUPID!

oggy

is hanging on to power at all costs, sacrificing the banks, the country and ultimately the party not a teensy bit extremist?
Yes, when you are scared sh1t of what the replacement is one is inclined to hold out WITHIN THE LAW !

Goodbody

I would be considered an FG voter, mainly because I couldn't bring myself to vote for the other two main parties. But I have no idea what FG actually believes in nowadays, what sort of country they wish to build. Their policies seem decided on the hoof, reacting to whatever was energizing callers on the Joe Duffy show that day.

And the caliber of its TD's and candidates. They're mostly councillors or the children of former TD's, or both. In the 80's Fitzgerald made huge efforts to recruit people who had been successful in various walks of life, but Kenny doesn't appear to have that sort of vision.

oddsox

Bridget558 and Future should go the How Brian Helped Anglo thread and see what sh1te your votes got us.

Future

Bridget558 and Future should go the How Brian Helped Anglo thread and see what sh1te your votes got us.
Not sure what you mean. I am not a FF supporter or never have been.

oddsox

Labour also talked plenty of ************************e at the last election.
Not sure what you mean. I am not a FF supporter or never have been.
You are supporting a pro ff statement

Future

You are supporting a pro ff statement
I didn't like that FG were supposed to have talked crap at the last election. Yes they did so they did FF and Labour certainly did too.

I don't think its a pro FF statement. I think its something that the public need to be aware of as Labour are trying to portray an image of we knew this was going to happen when they actually hadn't a clue.

To me its the primary reason for FG doing so badly. Labour are receiving an easy ride in the media with their holier than holy image.

johnnypockets

Thats not what i asked oggy. Where do you see FF in the spectrum? And would be interested to know why.

oddsox

Future
Also it should be known Labour has never finished a Dail term with who they started with,,,,
They can't make hard decisions.
However the last election ff told us they could be trusted with the economy,, what sh1te that turned out to be!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom