Why can't the Greens grow a pair of political balls?

SlickWilly

<Mod - merging the three threads started today on the Green Party with yesterday's>
I cannot see any other option for thse clowns and hopefully their chief twitter also. I'm predicting no seat for them in election 2016 let alone this one and that's for any yellow. However, surprise, surprise Eff Eff will lead that 2016 coalition. Lie down with bowsies, get up with fleas and in Ireland a nice pension!

Last edited by a moderator:

Squire Allworthy

Pull the plug now!

I would remind you off your call for an election in January.

Green Party calls for election to be held in January - Leadership - Leadership | Ireland's online business and management news service - Businessandleadership.com

Most people believe that the terms and conditions of the bailout are onerous and many economists believe that they will lead to eventual default. (numerous other threads on this) We are told by the Minister of Finance that that agreement does not require a vote in the Dáil, and further we are told that it will take several months to get the proposed budget through the necessary procedures.

It is clear that Fianna Fáil have little intention of fascinating either debate or your stated commitment for an election. They appear to be contemptuous of both.

The opposition have now published their proposals for the budget and are prepared for government.

FF support is plummeting. In a recent opinion poll it has declined to 13%. It is clear that that the electorate want a change of Government.

So in with the above in mind, why not withdraw support from government now so that the new administration can make the necessary decisions regarding the budget and the bailout. Given the track record of the Minister of Finance would this be so bad? More importantly it is very wrong that a dying and increasingly unpopular Government should make such decisions in its dying days.

Pulling the plug now is what the electorate want, it would ensure an election in January, but more importantly it is the right thing to do for the country.

Withdraw from government now, there are plenty of reasons and few will fault you for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sport02

Recently John Gormely enlightened the opposition he was endurng sleepness nights in the asylum.
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Before that we had a quick and spontaneous call for an end of Jan general election only to be told a couple days ago by Eammon Ryan that he sees an end of Feb election.

John Gormley apparently only gave the Taoiseach 15 mins notice.

Paul Gogarty told us the bailout was a surrender this week and engaged in by weak leadership, and has just tweeted he feels the bailout should go to a Dail vote.

Goverment at the moment maybe like an asylum, but I want our state decisions made by sane people.

junius

I can't understand why they continue to prop up this Government which has been utterly discredited. They should walk now - today! What would happen then?

All that's going to happen if they don't put a stop to it is that more corrupt decisions will be hastily put through before FF is gone for good!

Greens need to get out before they drown stone dead. They might get some respect if they leave now, none if they don't.

PAD1OH

the Green Party, Ireland's Lib Dems?

I find it funny the way the green party receive so much anger at the expense of tackling the real source of our problems.

In the same way that the teflon tories are loving the fact that the Lib Dems are taking so much flak, FF are no doubt happy to have soem heat taken off them by the greens.

sport02

I can't understand why they continue to prop up this Government which has been utterly discredited. They should walk now - today! What would happen then?

All that's going to happen if they don't put a stop to it is that more corrupt decisions will be hastily put through before FF is gone for good!

Greens need to get out before they drown stone dead. They might get some respect if they leave now, none if they don't.
Surely they should leave now, if Paul Gogarty feels the bailout is a surrender and the Dail should have a vote on it, why is he still propping up FF.
It just doesn't make sense.

showbandmanager

The greens are the ones who for the last two years have stopped the irish people from having a chance to tackle the real root of our problems and if they suffer for that then thats tough

GDPR

We need an election BEFORE a decision of such magnitude as the IMF one. The Irish people deserved such an election last year and well before. The GREENS dont even need balls to do the right thing. Since they have no balls anyway It's a no brainer. Maybe FF has secret pictures of them all dressed up in their wives underwear. I cant see why they wont let the Irish people have the election they deserve. FF and Greens despise accountability so let the Irish people be accountable for throwing them out in an election. Someone has to be accountable.

Northtipp

I find it funny the way the green party receive so much anger at the expense of tackling the real source of our problems.

In the same way that the teflon tories are loving the fact that the Lib Dems are taking so much flak, FF are no doubt happy to have soem heat taken off them by the greens.
That was siad as if they didnt contribute in the first instance and significantly at that. As for takling the problem. What a complete load of tripe. They went for cheap political gain taught to them by their puppet masters in FF. If they were sincere and had a shred of decency left in them they would walk away right now, today and then at least they will go out with a bit of dignity

Newffowner

Becuase they are a corrupt shower of tossers, who stole votes by saying they would have high standards in office

jmcc

Like appointing all their buddies to quango jobs and state positions - just like another party?

Guess the people don't give a damn about "Climate" change. All they want now is Regime Change.

As for plastic politicians (ones who are not genuinely elected by the people) like Boyle and O'Brollachain (sounds like the recipe for some particularly nasty vegetarian casserole) and the rest of the Seanad, there may be no future for them as too many political careers sink with this Dail and the Seanad lifeboats have limited space.

Regards...jmcc

PAD1OH

Like appointing all their buddies to quango jobs and state positions - just like another party?
have you a list of all these people, evidence of their personal friendship with ministers and details on the process of their appointments?

jmcc

have you a list of all these people, evidence of their personal friendship with ministers and details on the process of their appointments?
The data has been published here and elsewhere. I'm sure that a bit of investigation into some of the appointments by Greens would show the social networks of those involved.

Regards...jmcc

Tigris Celtica

Who do you think he is - Joe McCarthy ? ! .:rolleyes:

The vegies are and always were a shower of green loonies led by a riciculous bicycle repair man. None of them should receive one penny of Irish taxpayers money in pensions - They have facilitated and contributed to the destruction of this country .:mad:

H

Good point, the utterly sleazy "green$" did give their all whilst in government in the most fullsome confidence votes in their FF masters (and PD) not giving a damn no matter disgusting or damaging to Ireland and its people the "green$" were by casting their confidence votes.

Perhaps the rancid vegetables having abandoned all probity and principles were only following instructions from their FF masters in an inane attempt to lessen damage to FF in the next election by calling for one sometime in January or February or when ever it suits FF as the Green$ don't appear to have a clue what date they want judging by their announcements

PAD1OH

The data has been published here and elsewhere. I'm sure that a bit of investigation into some of the appointments by Greens would show the social networks of those involved.

Regards...jmcc

but you just made the accusation. it's up to you to provide the proof.

if you don't provide the proof I'll just assume you are talking through your hole.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies