• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Why do Nuns run Private Hospitals?

Bobcolebrooke

I dropped into a private hospital recently to have some endoscopy tests carried out. Its is not my first visit and I use the Hospital quite often as I am interested in consuming every service that can prolong my life. I am very impressed with the operation the Nuns run.

I could not help wondering why people who cannot pay are not catered for?

Does God want his Nuns to run excellent hospitals for the rich? What arrangement does he make for the poor?

I might just as well ask why nuns run private schools. Why does our State provide Nuns with Charitable Status to provide services only for rich people at huge expense to the taxpayer?

Last edited:

Radix

So you are a rich díckhead!

Tell that to your "Nuns" next time you call in for a colonic irrigation; I'm sure they will tell you to píss off!

gloria

I dropped into a private hospital recently to have some endoscopy tests carried out. Its is not my first visit and I use the Hospital quite often as I am interested in consuming every service that can prolong my life. I am very impressed with the operation the Nuns run.

I could not help wondering why people who cannot pay are not catered for?

Does God want his Nuns to run excellent hospitals for the rich? What arrangement does he make for the poor?
Do nuns run private hospitals?
I know nuns traditionally ran excellent hospitals and schools, very clean and efficient.

Why do you want to prolong your life? is that at any cost?
I would like to know how far you are prepared to go to live at all costs..

I hope you are well presently.

pippakin

Nuns should not be allowed within miles of any hospital.

I bet they enjoyed your endoscopy...

pragmaticapproach

So you are a rich díckhead!

Tell that to your "Nuns" next time you call in for a colonic irrigation; I'm sure they will tell you to píss off!
Colonic irrigation is provided by alternative health providers is it not? I never thought it was a mainstream practice.

Bobcolebrooke

I know nuns traditionally ran excellent hospitals and schools, very clean and efficient.

I have no wish to die of a disease or ailment that can be cured by medical science or practice.

You see I am wondering why Nuns would not choose to provide healtcare for poor people instead of rich people!

gloria

Colonic irrigation is provided by alternative health providers is it not? I never thought it was a mainstream practice.
Is asking for somebody to stick a tube up your ass and flush out all the sh8te with organic coffee not a sign of mental illness?
At this stage you need more than the nuns...

pragmaticapproach

Private hospitals have no choice but to be clean and efficient, otherwise they lose patients.

pragmaticapproach

Is asking for somebody to stick a tube up your ass and flush out all the sh8te with organic coffee not a sign of mental illness?
At this stage you need more than the nuns...
:) But seriously, Im all for "alternative" medicine, collonic irrigation seems to be well reviewed. When it comes to treating illness or just maintaining good health there should be no such thing as so called "mainstream" or "alternative medicine" , just MEDICINE. Unfortunately we have a monopoly in place which favours a very narrow approach to treatment, which usually involves the heavy use of expensive patented medications.

gloria

I have no wish to die of a disease or ailment that can be cured by medical science or practice.

You see I am wondering why Nuns would not choose to provide healtcare for poor people instead of rich people!
Nuns used to provide healthcare and education to the poor, that's what they were for (besides praying)
I think nuns have now gone native and have become social workers,
There aren't enough of them to run schools or hospitals.
Once the nuns were wealthy as part of the Catholic Church, but now you see the grand convents being sold to become hotels or else left to rot.
I think it is a shame that the excellent work that the nuns did is now being done by sloppy agency workers.
They were meticulous about hygiene and they did not need a whole army of administration to run a good hospital.

Bobcolebrooke

Nuns used to provide healthcare and education to the poor, that's what they were for (besides praying)
I think nuns have now gone native and have become social workers,
There aren't enough of them to run schools or hospitals.
Once the nuns were wealthy as part of the Catholic Church, but now you see the grand convents being sold to become hotels or else left to rot.
I think it is a shame that the excellent work that the nuns did is now being done by sloppy agency workers.
They were meticulous about hygiene and they did not need a whole army of administration to run a good hospital.

Nuns are running and controling massive health care businesses that provide excellent health care for those who can pay.

Why are they involved in this lucrative sector?

General Urko

In fairness to them in the old days they ran very tight ships and there was no such thing as MRSA!

gloria

Nuns are running and controling massive health care businesses that provide excellent health care for those who can pay.

Why are they involved in this lucrative sector?
I guess times have changed, there aren't that many nuns now and they are carrying on the tradition of what they are good at?
The nuns got an awful battering recently and they have to make a living as the church doesn't support them any more.
There is also an awful lot of elderly nuns in nursing homes that have to be provided for.

Bobcolebrooke

I guess times have changed, there aren't that many nuns now and they are carrying on the tradition of what they are good at?
The nuns got an awful battering recently and they have to make a living as the church doesn't support them any more.
There is also an awful lot of elderly nuns in nursing homes that have to be provided for.
Elderly nuns get pensions! Can they not live on their pensions like everyone else ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies