Why do some areas become known for having exceptionally good looking men?

Socratus O' Pericles

I'm thinking Saith Cainty Dablin here obviously. One of my daughters reckons its Belfast. My other daughter and missis o'p reckon one shouldn't judge people on their appearance, because they both think Neil Young was an attractive looking man, tho' I demur (but then what would I know?).

The plug ugly ones tend to come from the midlands and Cork. But judging by that "other thread" maybe Galway is in with a shout too. Not to mention the peculiar specimens you see on the Northside.

Mr. Bumble

I'm thinking Saith Cainty Dablin here obviously. One of my daughters reckons its Belfast. My other daughter and missis o'p reckon one shouldn't judge people on their appearance, because they both think Neil Young was an attractive looking man, tho' I demur (but then what would I know?).

The plug ugly ones tend to come from the midlands and Cork. But judging by that "other thread" maybe Galway is in with a shout too. Not to mention the peculiar specimens you see on the Northside.
Truer word were never spoken. Your self-awareness is commendable. Cork is great.

statsman

Is your wife aware of your sudden interest in male good looks? Would you categorise this new interest as a lifestyle choice or a genetic imperative? Have you considered high heels with that dress?

Mr. Bumble

Is your wife aware of your sudden interest in male good looks? Would you categorise this new interest as a lifestyle choice or a genetic imperative? Have you considered high heels with that dress?
I know a psychiatrist who can cure this abomination. He's a loon but aithníonn ciaróg...

Mr. Bumble

Yes. We must be vigilant as there are jealous and malicious forces afoot. The truth burns their eyes and they lash out in their ignorance and pain. Pity them. Cork is great.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Well Meath has got Pierce Brosnan, Dublin Gabriel Byrne and Cork Roy Keane....maybe a case of the smooth,the rugged and the dangerously handsome...:shock:

Cruimh

SEE!!!!

Emulation - the proof before your eyes!

Rural

Yes. We must be vigilant as there are jealous and malicious forces afoot. The truth burns their eyes and they lash out in their ignorance and pain. Pity them. Cork is great.
To be called a "Lasher" by a Cork lad would make any girl weak-kneed.

GDPR

Can apply to either sex and whomever turns them on, but the last 20 minutes in the nightclub where 'standards' go out the windows, beer goggles are securely fastened, desperation in the air is palpable and previous mingers turn into not bad etc, so obviously I'm talking about Coppers.

Socratus O' Pericles

Well this newly married gay couple have moved in down the street( they are very good looking and stylish), I'm trying to emulate them.

Socratus O' Pericles

To be called a "Lasher" by a Cork lad would make any girl weak-kneed.
Funnily enough the younger generation of women are less pleased with being called lashers.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Funnily enough the younger generation of women are less pleased with being called lashers.
I always thought the objection was that the clever Cork lads would retort quickly to the compliment by saying to the women " Now put an F in front of it and give us a display":rolleyes:

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Face it, we are an island of Marty Morrissey's and Brenda Fricker's.
Arra Marty and Brenda are great. Comfortable in their own skin and you would be guaranteed a good time at any social gathering..

flavirostris

Face it, we are an island of Marty Morrissey's and Brenda Fricker's.
Marty is some yoke alright. He looks like humpty dumpty with a bad dye job. A face for radio if ever there was one.

One of the RTE sports presenters is an exceptionally good-looking bloke.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies