WHY do we need to borrow from the UK??

robut

WHY are we borrowing from the UK? And maybe Sweden and Denmark also. ON TOP Of the ECB/IMF Bailout LOAN?

ITS ALL DEBT THAT HAS TO BE PAID BACK ... WITH INTEREST!

What else have we NOT been told?

Robut

stray creditor

It is a generous offer from the UK,George Osborne's ancestral roots are Anglo Irish,since the former tenantry have made a hames of the old estate,I guess he wants to, help out.

justme1

I think the OP hit the bullseye,we are only going to find out what has been hidden from us (the people) by FF in the next month or two (why do you think FF want to get this budget passed and quick),things are are far worse than FF have have been telling us (imagine that eh)!!!!!!!!

MPB

WHY are we borrowing from the UK? And maybe Sweden and Denmark also. ON TOP Of the ECB/IMF Bailout LOAN?

Robut
We do not need to borrow from the UK but they do need to lend.

Their Banks are up to their oxters in Ireland. They should be encouraged to lend directly to the Banks.

The Irish taxpayer has no intention of repaying loans made to bailout German, French and British Banks. FF/Greens and FG/LAB might have that intention, but the Irish tax payer does not.

This debt will become the focus of our rebellion. They will not get a penny back.

We will now be determined to destroy their Banks. You can forgive the dopey French and Germans their innocence, but the Brits should know better than to give the Irish a cause.

Eire1976

If whatever funds we need can come from a legitimate institution in Europe then we should take it from them and not from the British.

We should not be beholden to any one nation, our funds should come from all of the EU and not just one Country.

Knowing Britain as I do, they will call on favours.

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
MPB has it right. The Brits are petrified we might default on *their* bank loans to our banks - they're trying to protect that. They are not being generous, they are not being magnanimous. They remain self-serving and subject to vested interests, and have zero interest in protecting Ireland. They are protecting themselves.

drummed

Robut
Because we're broke and we need the cash?
Might be one reason

robut

The point of my question was not necessarily focusing on the UK ( maybe I should have mentioned that :D )

Maybe i should ask WHY does the Irish Gov need a loan from the UK or Sweden or or or when we are already up to our _____ having accepted this "Bailout" I.E LOAN from the ECB/IMF? Is there more stuff we dont know??

Whether its from the UK or the man on the moon it does not matter. WHY are we taking on further dept beyond the IMF/ECB Loan if all the IMF/ECB Bods inc "The Chopper" are happy with our bailout amount?

WHY???

From talking to people here - in Eire - I think this word BAILOUT has confused them. So here it is - Anything from the ECB - The IMF - The UK - Sweden blah blah blah - THEY ARE ALL LOANS, Not free money, not a fuzzy Bailout we do not have to pay back someday.

1. We have to pay them back in full
2. We have to pay INTEREST

Unless of course we "Restructure Our Depts" - a nice way of saying DEFAULT.

In my opinion - I think people have become hazed out with the whole BILLIONS thing. Be it in a few months or a year or two I reckon we will have to "Restructure" ... WHY?

Because the dept is TOO BIG for us! Arguably it is so right now ..

AND the EU will help if they want to keep the Euro - We have cards to play ... I reckon ... as my best friend says now and then ( My Wife ) ... "Grow some would you" :D

Robut

PS - I for one - as an Irish Citizen - am fed up of being pushed around / kowtowing to this amorphous blob called THE MARKETS / BOND HOLDERS. An entity that turns out to be extremely UNCAPITALIST as in Wants its cake and eat it with what seems as no risk ( OH you cant default, you got to pay up or else ... ______k off! )

Last edited:

Green eyed monster

It is a generous offer from the UK,George Osborne's ancestral roots are Anglo Irish,since the former tenantry have made a hames of the old estate,I guess he wants to, help out.
Eughhh!

No they are afraid the Irish slaves won't be able to pay back Anglo's debts to a substantial number of British Banks (thus impacting their economy). Don't worry Master Osbourne, your old estate is well prepared sir! We are working round the clock to get the money necessary and our overseer government are unrelenting in making sure we meet the targets. The master's banks (and our other masters in the EU) will receive their full money back from their gambling debts gone awry.

collina

MPB

The point of my question was not necessarily focusing on the UK ( maybe I should have mentioned that :D )

Maybe i should ask WHY does the Irish Gov need a loan from the UK or Sweden or or or when we are already up to our _____ having accepted this "Bailout" I.E LOAN from the ECB/IMF?

Whether its from the UK or the man on the moon it does not matter. WHY are we taking on further dept beyond the IMF/ECB Loan if all the IMF/ECB Bods inc "The Chopper" are happy with our bailout amount?

WHY???
Robut
Because we have a death wish.

Lord Wellington

Eh. To pay back British banks.

It's exactly the same as borrowing from the EU.

To pay back German and Franch banks.

What is not to understand about this?

robut

Eh. To pay back British banks.

It's exactly the same as borrowing from the EU.

To pay back German and Franch banks.

What is not to understand about this?

WHHHHY?

A basic tenant of CAPITALISM - RISK. The bet did not work you take the dam loss. Are "The Markets" immune to this .. gamble?

To pay back the British banks - WHAT???? Did anyone force them to come in here during the Glorious Celtic Tiger Era? When they did, did they not assume some sort of risk and / or responsibility? They lost the bet ... tough, thats capitalism.

By some peoples arguments it seems the €20k investment I made a while back - which is now worth €11 - I should get all this back so regardless? No risk. I TOOK THE DAM RISK, its my tough, so why should be any different for the UK Banks, the German Banks, The Bond Markets ...

Robut

A view from England

WHHHHY?

A basic tenant of CAPITALISM - RISK. The bet did not work you take the dam loss. Are "The Markets" immune to this .. gamble?

To pay back the British banks - WHAT???? Did anyone force them to come in here during the Glorious Celtic Tiger Era? When they did, did they not assume some sort of risk and / or responsibility? They lost the bet ... tough, thats capitalism.

By some peoples arguments it seems the €20k investment I made a while back - which is now worth €11 - I should get all this back so regardless? No risk. I TOOK THE DAM RISK, its my tough, so why should be any different for the UK Banks, the German Banks, The Bond Markets ...

Robut
I agree that the banks should take a hit; once the houses, cars, land and every other asset secured against the loans has been surrendered. The difference between what the assets are worth and the loans could then be written off by the banks and bond holders. The banks could then rent the houses back to the former mortgagees etc. Or are you suggesting that all those assets secured against the loans would somehow magically belong to the current occupiers and users? Of course these banks and bondholders took a risk and they may have lost, but they still own the assets set against the loans, don't forget. Fancy paying your rent to a German pension fund?

fluvius

This money is fresh off the Bank of England printing presses I'm assuming. So we have to pay interest in real money in return for monopoly money quantitatively eased into existence?

Lord Wellington

WHHHHY?

Robut

I agree with you.

The banks should be liquidated.

However, you seem to believe we live in a capitalist system.

We do not.

We live in a banking oligarchy.

orlab

Dont forget the IMF, is made up of international shareholders,of which UK. is a major shareholder.

Garza

Nice to see the English Bogeyman still lives rent free in the minds of some Irish people on this thread.:roll:

New Threads

Most Replies