Why do you think the Right Wing Parties are not successful in Ireland, compared to the rest of the World?

toughbutfair

Ireland was governed by right and centre-right governments from 1922 until the present-day. The Tories in the UK were to the left, policy wise, of most of those governments during that period.
Somebody earning 100k has to pay about 40k in income tax.

Degeneration X

Somebody earning 100k has to pay about 40k in income tax.
There are ways around that if your smart, Ireland's oligarchs are masters of getting around the tax system.

Taxes are very much for the little people in this country thanks to our succession of right wing governments.

toughbutfair

There are ways around that if your smart, Ireland's oligarchs are masters of getting around the tax system.

Taxes are very much for the little people in this country thanks to our succession of right wing governments.
Please explain how someone earning 100k can substantially reduce their tax. Pension payments up to a limit is the only thing that springs to mind.

Degeneration X

Please explain how someone earning 100k can substantially reduce their tax. Pension payments up to a limit is the only thing that springs to mind.
There are many loopholes and many things you can avoid if you're clever, consult an accountant who is a tax expert, that's what most do.

Degeneration X

So you can’t specify any? It is a myth that someone on that level of income can avoid much tax.
Not a myth at all I've seen it at first hand and done similar myself all legal of course, I don't think you know many high earners.

Degeneration X

Somebody on 100k pays a higher percentage of income tax (averaged over their income) than someone on 80k, them over 60k, them over 40k, them over 20k. You agree with this statement?
No I don't - the taxation bands and codes are far more easier to get around in reality than you might imagine. You just have to know how to deal with revenue correctly and smartly.

Clanrickard

Yes a progressive tax system beloved by foreign multinationals who come here because they don't like paying much in taxes! Lol.
I am quoting the OECD. The fact you lol it is not a great sign.

toughbutfair

No I don't - the taxation bands and codes are far more easier to get around in reality than you might imagine. You just have to know how to deal with revenue correctly and smartly.
But you cannot provide even one example of this easy method.

Clanrickard

But you cannot provide even one example of this easy method.
He can't. Typical lefty. Doesn't like the facts so pulls a factoid out of his behind. The OECD has been very clear that our tax system means the rich pay more and the poor pay less than any other advanced nation. O Toole's head exploded in indignation in the IT a few years ago when this was pointed out.

Degeneration X

He can't. Typical lefty. Doesn't like the facts so pulls a factoid out of his behind. The OECD has been very clear that our tax system means the rich pay more and the poor pay less than any other advanced nation. O Toole's head exploded in indignation in the IT a few years ago when this was pointed out.
I shot down your premise easily but don't accept it because it doesn't suit your cryto-Conservative idealism.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies