Why is Emmanuel Macron so dislikable?

GDPR

I like him better already. The rumour I've heard from my french buddies is he's gay and she's just helping him out as a decoy wife.

I'd say that's very likely. He's a sort of Talented Mr. Ripley type.

silverharp

He doesn't look like any kind of reformer, unless the EU implodes in the next 4 years there wont be a centrist candidate in the run off in the next elections. all they have done is kicked the can down the road

Mad as Fish

Do try to judge people's comments on the own merits, there's a good chap.
I can't say that it's a habit I've noticed in your posts.

See, the natural order has been restored. I''m feeling better already.

bokuden

Personality aside, macron becoming president won't do anything to address the chronic problems that have bedevilled France for decades: serious chronic multigenerational unemployment and its attendant ills. It's just going to carry on with the same policies that have caused the trouble.

GDPR

Personality aside, macron becoming president won't do anything to address the chronic problems that have bedevilled France for decades: serious chronic multigenerational unemployment and its attendant ills. It's just going to carry on with the same policies that have caused the trouble.
There will always be mass unemployment in France as long as it doesn't have its own central banking powers, i.e. its own currency.

bokuden

I have a strong inkling that he will be very unpopular and that many of his voters will go to Melenchon in 2022 or some other Far left hothead.
I'm inclined to agree. For me, the main story of this election is that an unrepentant trotskyite got 20 percent of the vote. That's pretty big. The debate is beginning to widen despite mainstream media's attempts to suppress it.

silverharp

I'm inclined to agree. For me, the main story of this election is that an unrepentant trotskyite got 20 percent of the vote. That's pretty big. The debate is beginning to widen despite mainstream media's attempts to suppress it.
if position 3 had been a centrist the establishment could spin it , but not when it was communist

Erudite Caveman

So, other than lack of trust, why does he seem so dislikable to 76.1% of the French electorate and to others outside France?
Dislikable to 76.1%? What is this nonsense?

Are you going to claim that a large chunk of the electorate suddenly have changed their minds and suddenly 'like' him after they count the votes for round 2?

Sister Mercedes

He seems too much like Obama or Trudeau for my liking. Europe needs someone with wide shoulders and sharp elbows to stand up to that German thug.

Volatire

He seems too much like Obama or Trudeau for my liking. Europe needs someone with wide shoulders and sharp elbows to stand up to that German thug.
True.

However on the plus side, he is a former Rothschild banker. Unlike Merkel, he has actually done a real job.

Erudite Caveman

Yes, God Willing we'll snuff out the centre and we can get back to a merry dance between fascists and commies with Islamists playing the tune.

ShoutingIsLeadership

On paper, he has it all: educated, intelligent, integrity, charisma, and not Le Pen.

His wiki page paints a picture of a decent man and potentially good president.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Macron

The comments on internet news sites are not so kind: Rothchilds' poodle, europhile, teachers pet, opportunist, inexperienced, and he's an open borders pro-Muslim (this is apparently a bad thing).

He followed the classic French insider route, until he bought out his public service contract for €50k. He is described as a civil servant and for two years was a pro-business politician (though what that means in a French context is anyone's guess).

He lost poll support by describing Frances imperialism in Algeria as a crime against humanity. He is sticking with the superstate model of the EU, despite over 60% of French people having an unfavourable view of the EU. He will be a pain in the arse for Brits' Brexit deal.

Obviously, there is no equivalent in the pedestrian pace of Irish politics (indeed Stephen Donnelly went in the opposite direction than Macron from independent, new party to old reliable mothership of two party system). Even Obama had more political experience.

So, other than lack of trust, why does he seem so dislikable to 76.1% of the French electorate and to others outside France?

Btw has he any known views about Ireland?

What evidence have you that he is dislikable to 76.1% of the voters?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies