Why is our political class so willing to give power up to The EU?

General Urko

I have !been wondering for a long time why our political class is so willing to give power up to our EU masters?
They seem to be much more willing to do this than their equivalents anywhere else!
Is it -

They can blame the EU for every decision?
The attraction of the gravy train for their buds?
Just general incompetence?
The national inferiority complex, always needing the pat on the head from their perceived betters?
The colonized people mentality still exists?

They have behaved in a treacherous manner!

keyholekate

They like to be told what to do by the Masters of the Universe as they, themselves, haven't a clue. Apart from feathering their own nests, they are the perennial "empty suits". If the electorate rejects them at a general election, there is always the Senate for these rump parliamentarians.

Dame_Enda

They are corporate whores bending over in the globalist brothel.

midlander12

It's all the factors mentioned in the OP, coupled in some cases with an infantile form of Anglophobia which bizarrely sees dependence on Germany and the EU as asserting our independence from Britain. You'll see plenty of it after June 23 if Leave wins.

Ireniall

I have !been wondering for a long time why our political class is so willing to give power up to our EU masters?
They seem to be much more willing to do this than their equivalents anywhere else!
Is it -

The national inferiority complex, always needing the pat on the head from their perceived betters?

I see no shame in having a careful attitude to these things given our history ,geography and trading economy. I have plenty of respect for the Protestant way of doing things in general but I have little time for the type of truculent, carping attitude promoted by Shane Ross and typified by Tory sceptics in Britain and indeed some Unionists like Paisley. On this one I prefer our own way of doing things. If you're in do your best.

beazlebottom

Is it -

they just like getting their heads patted and their tummies tickled by the leaders of the new Reich with the promise of comfortable sinecures when they shuffle off to spend more time with their inflated pensions.

Dorcha

It's very simple. Me Fein is the biggest party in Ireland.

General Urko

Mods, I think this one should be in C and C as it deserves wider discussion, please oblige!
Regards GU

General Urko

Now they will try and blame EU Tossers for water charges!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies