• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Why is the justice system so lenient.

Sweet Darling

Utterly ignorant post that reveals every stupid failed concept of incarceration.
Prison systems that operate close to this sort of model are proven absolute failures, not just higher re offending levels, but far higher serious crime re offending
If you treat someone like an animal, they will behave like one

You forgot to of course bring in the roaring success of the death penalty and how its reintroduction has massively reduced murders and rapes in states that embraced it. Not

Hey, bring back borstals and corporal punishment too, they wee roaring success too.
Throw in a bit of buggering too, the criminal animals deserve a good shafting by the wardens and other inmates too, and we can all laugh at it.
Great craic eh Herr?

is there any BS right wing thuggery and bullying you don't actually advocate?
It's about revenge, nobody voted to waste money on social workers and the like.

Emily Davison

We could easily lock up thousands of more scumbags without spending more money. However, the left want to protect prisoners and make prison a not horrible place. If we had Brazilian style jails with dozens in a cell with piss bags , we could reduce crime but the left care more about the scumbags.
That's not what civil societies do. And if what you say were true there would be no Brazilian's committing crime.

willow68

We want revenge , Not busy body social workers wasting our tax money
Actually. That is the truth. The element of retribution is completely going out of style. Why are murderes released after 25 years. Manslaughteres after even less? What if the dead was one your loved ones?? I'll tell you. I would flip the switch myself. Some pos robbing and beating old folk. Tie me down. The populace in general wants a sense of justice restored. Bring in your social worker psychobabble after the punishment. Or better, in some cases, lose the key altogether.

LISTOWEL MAN

criminals see Gerry Adams walking around scot-free after what he did.. no wonder they laugh at the police

Lagertha

I'm usually not a fan of American politics in general, but in some ways their system has some good points, like Judges and Sheriffs for example having to be elected. Perhaps if we had a similar system we would get a Judiciary and legal system who were forced to do what the people want like actually sending people to prison for the full length of their sentences, not allowing people out on bail to commit multiple crimes because they know that they'll be given concurrent sentences and do very little time.

I was on a bus recently where some young wan in her late 20's/early 30's was on her way to meet with her probation officer, she had only gotten out of prison the week before and had already re offended she was laughing about how she'd had her hair done but didn't like the colour so had left the salon and not paid. I know this because she was talking loudly to other members of her family on the bus who are all well known offenders and how all have free Travel Passes. Ironically enough they were signing a Good Luck with your Sentence card for someone who'd recently been sentenced.

realistic1

Wife's anger as scrambler rider avoids court over husband's injury
A 16 year old scumbag drives a scrambler over this man (in a park) and lands on his head causing devastating brain injuries and what does he get? Juvenile diversion program. Another thread in the national tragedy of how people at all levels of society are not held to account .. for the most appalling, damaging behavior.
You can be damn sure that this offender will now go on and have a successful criminal career. The Irish Justice system enables criminals, simple as!

Baron von Biffo

Wife's anger as scrambler rider avoids court over husband's injury
A 16 year old scumbag drives a scrambler over this man (in a park) and lands on his head causing devastating brain injuries and what does he get? Juvenile diversion program. Another thread in the national tragedy of how people at all levels of society are not held to account .. for the most appalling, damaging behavior.
Contrast that story with this one.

Man with tumour awarded €3,500 after he was kicked out of pub because they thought he was drunk - Independent.ie

While the little thug gets to walk away with no consequences for the appalling harm he caused, the bar owner has to cough up thousands and the manager is to be sent on a degrading "equality training course" for something that at most merited an apology and a free pint.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies