• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Why is the private life of Gerald Kean newsworthy?

Davidoff

A number of newspapers this weekend have run stories about the private life of Gerald Kean.

If reports are accurate, he has split up with his girlfriend.

There was a big picture of the guy on the front of the Indo yesterday. And page 4 of the Sindo today is given over in its entirety to an analysis of this, er, personal tragedy.

Now, I know I'm an idiot. Sincere thanks to those of you who took time out during the week to explain to me the correct pronunciation of 'Lucinda Creighton.'

But I really, really don't understand the constant media obsession with the love life of this particular solicitor.

Can someone, please, help me out here and explain, in simple language, why Gerald Kean is famous?

Last edited:

Ulster-Lad

So why a thread?

Jem8777

He is simply remarkable because he dropped the "e" at the end of his name.

Shootin

The media are the ones hyping this up. I'm not sure the rest of us are that interested...............

DizzyMitchell

He's an inveterate attention wh0re. Probably pays a PR to run ridiculous 'lifestyle' pieces about him in the Indo. His ex girlfriend is a woman with dubious taste in men.

cricket

I have never read an article, listened to or watched a broadcast about these " celebs ", but I can't avoid the odd headline. It seems they both go stiff with excitement any time they see a chance of publicity. I don't know what else makes them stiff, but they can hardly complain when they are now the story as framed by their media friends.

Davidoff

His girlfriend and himself have courted media attention for years, she is even a 'star' of a 'reality show' now, is she not?
And I think her former association with Michael Flatley has made her into a 'celebrity'....not that I would excuse supposed 'serious' newspapers from putting this dross on the front pages of their publications.
Just one of the many reasons I don't buy them.
But he had a similar level of coverage before he ever met Flatley's ex.

I recall stories about about how much he loved his wife and details of where they went on holiday.

Truth.ie

I'm genuinely curious.

Why is he front page news?

There must be some reason for it.
It's the second most read story on the Sindo online, which says more about it's readership than anything.
Bigger story than Gaza conflict.
Apparently, the Social World has been shaken on it's axis.
Split sees the social world shift on its axis - Celeb News, Independent Woman - Independent.ie
Something of a 9/11 moment in Dublin's Social World.
No I never heard of them either.

southwestkerry

A number of newspapers this weekend have run stories about the private life of Gerald Kean.

If reports are accurate, he has split up with his girlfriend.

There was a big picture of the guy on the front of the Indo yesterday. And page 4 of the Sindo today is given over in its entirety to an analysis of this, er, personal tragedy.

Now, I now I'm idiot. Sincere thanks to those of you who took time out during the week to explain to me the correct pronunciation of 'Lucinda Creighton.'

But I really, really don't understand the constant media obsession with the love life of this particular solicitor.

Can someone, please, help me out here and explain, in simple language, why Gerald Kean is famous?
It would not be so bad if folk just ignored that kind off reporting/stories.
Bringing it to the attention off Pie is not necessary.

dresden8

I'm genuinely curious.

Why is he front page news?

There must be some reason for it.
The Irish media is a very small group. The lives of their friends who eat in the same places as themselves are of interest to them.

Plus, they're badly trying to build a celebrity circuit in Ireland. So a solicitor becomes a celebrity for some reason.

laidback

he's not just a solicitor - he's a celebrity solicitor and has celebrity clients (dont ask me who!). Apparently he used to fly selected clients over to the Uk to see man U in the jet (owned or hired I'm not sure).

he was also a celebrity banasteoir.

he split up with his wife, also a solicitor a few years back and then met Lisa.

Mrs Laidback told me all this.

Popular Threads

Most Replies