• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Why is the Roscommon County Mgr going to Arizona for St. Patricks Day?

SKELLY

I just heard on the Radio that the Roscommon County Manager has delayed his trip to Arizona for St. Patricks day to deal with Mings Penalty Points mess.

Why is he going to Arizona?

Is the taxpayer funding this juncket?

Also note that 19 ministers and junior ministers are heading off on taxpayer funded drinking sessions all over the world!

so much for "a new way of doing politics"

While Rome burns....

borntorum

Maybe the same council worker who sorted out Ming's penalty points is sending the county manager off to the States?

Eoin Coir

This manager has his hands on the pulse- First things first. I hope the official and the garda super who wiped points are suspended from duty at once.

zakalwe1

Its a new initiative "the Sending" where we send all our incompetent overpaid officials on a one-way ticket to unsuspecting cities across the world....

powderfinger

I just heard on the Radio that the Roscommon County Manager has delayed his trip to Arizona for St. Patricks day to deal with Mings Penalty Points mess.

Also note that 19 ministers and junior ministers are heading off on taxpayer funded drinking sessions all over the world!

While Rome burns....
Is the trip to Tuscon funded by the household charge/residential property tax?

Last edited:

borntorum

Its a new initiative "the Sending" where we send all our incompetent overpaid officials on a one-way ticket to unsuspecting cities across the world....
Sounds like an international version of decentralisation

zakalwe1

in all fairness, i can see why he needs to stay to deal with the Ming the Merciful penalty points issue....
its the first time in 5 years that roscommon has made the front page of a newspaper aside from illegal turf cutting stories

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
in all fairness, i can see why he needs to stay to deal with the Ming the Merciful penalty points issue....
Too right. The civil servant in question would be a fool to be out of the country while Ming is fashioning a noose for him out of hemp.

Here is Vincent Brown tearing Ming a new one, while the Merciless one trots out a hilarious 'dog ate my homework' story. Link here, well worth a luck:
3player | Tonight with Vincent Browne - Tuesday, 12 March 2013

I am 18 minutes into it, and its a riot. :D

Last edited:

irishpancake

While Rome burns....
HaHaHa....no smoke yet....but don't worry, we have a few good men on the job on the ground....

keep tuned to Arrr Tee Eeeee

Outlander

He's a bit confused. He thinks that he's going to the home of the Guinness Toucan, which is obviously a worthy destination for the festival of leprechauns.

Fr.Ted Crilly

It's bad enough that we pay county managers more than the presidents/prime ministers of most European countries, to then fly these leeches on taxpayer funded junkets all over the world is just disgusting and scandalous.

That's what your HHC/Family home tax is squandered on folks.

Crazy horse 6

Everyone must put their shoulder to the wheel etc... :roll:

Nothing changes in this banana republic.

Upper Chamber

While Rome burns....
No need for a nameless council official to go to Tucson. Plenty of reasons for members of the Government to travel, access to governments, buisness leaders, positive attention to Ireland. Don't see why we have to have the annual 'politicians on their holidays' nonsense.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies