Why is Unionist PR so crap?

Ardillaun

There’s only so much those clever PR chaps can do with a sow’s ear like the DUP, hopelessly negative in style and content.

EnglishObserver

They're rightly seen as a nasty joke these days though arent they .. pretty much the same as their nasty little orange order cousins in norn iron ;)

Time moves on son, even the DUP/UDA/OO will find they have to move on too or be left alone in the 17th century
I'm not sure about your analysis. It strikes me that racism in The US has actually become institutionalised. Millions of blacks are in jail and a black man is far more likely to be sentenced to death than a white woman for the same crime. A whole range of other parameters feed in to this. Of course it may be financial - poor person = sh/it lawyer = death. It just so happens that more blacks are poor.

As for your attack on the DUP/Orange Order/UDA - perhaps they do have to move on - but some Unionists posters would say the same about a collection of Oirish organisations. I guess it's easier to attack organisations who don't share your core beliefs. Ah well...

EnglishObserver

There’s only so much those clever PR chaps can do with a sow’s ear like the DUP, hopelessly negative in style and content.
I guess they do what they think will get them elected - in NI that is. They don't stand in The Free State or The Mainland, you see...

AhNowStop

I'm not sure about your analysis. It strikes me that racism in The US has actually become institutionalised. Millions of blacks are in jail and a black man is far more likely to be sentenced to death than a white woman for the same crime. A whole range of other parameters feed in to this. Of course it may be financial - poor person = sh/it lawyer = death. It just so happens that more blacks are poor.

As for your attack on the DUP/Orange Order/UDA - perhaps they do have to move on - but some Unionists posters would say the same about a collection of Oirish organisations. I guess it's easier to attack organisations who don't share your core beliefs. Ah well...
Billies & Hill Billies .. both hold idiotic backward looking dogmas which need bringing into the 21st century .. wouldnt you agree ? .. for your own good like

as for my comments re the DUP/UDA/OO, well that was actually more of an observation than an attack .. no need to attack something which is in the process of self harming .. but thats the DUP for you eh son, they'll never be accused of being forward thinking strategical geniuses thats for sure :rolleyes: 😂

death or glory

Geography lesson anyone?
Ok, I would say you need one.
The island of Ireland is in the Archipelago of the British Isles. The island consists of two separate countries the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland aka Ulster is a part of the United Kingdom and consists of 6 counties Londonderry, Tyrone, Armagh, Down, Antrim and Fermanagh.
The capital city of Northern Ireland is Belfast and the second largest city is Londonderry.

Hope this helps your understanding of geography.

Ardillaun

I guess they do what they think will get them elected - in NI that is. They don't stand in The Free State or The Mainland, you see...
The problem is that they are bad for Northern Ireland. They promote the persistence of a backward, sectarian culture up there.

Mickeymac

Its hilarious isnt it .. apparently the reason we havent seen much of wee bare bum Sammy lately is because his GP ordered him to keep his head 🥵 in the fridge lest it explode :unsure::confused::rolleyes:😂

Last I heard of Sammy was on here, somebody said he had taken his head for a sh1t and has not been heard of since.:ROFLMAO:

Mickeymac

The problem is that they are bad for Northern Ireland. They promote the persistence of a backward, sectarian culture up there.

A problem pal that many sane and sensible folk have been aiming to resolve for quite some time.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
You have to have something to work with, in order to beam out good PR. Even if such good PR existed and a unionist had a moment or two to recommend some aspects of unionism the whole earth being 6,000 years old and dinosaurs and humans cohabiting on the planet caper is still a bit weird to the average ear.

Let's workshop it.

Stripping it right back, it is an opportunity for a nice walk carrying a loud drum a few days a year. Where do we go from here? Anyone got any positives pinging on their creativity-radar?

death or glory

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I'd definitely look for spokesmen who don't have extraordinary eyebrow collections on display either. It is sort of distracting from whatever the spokesthing is trying to say.

Like watching two seal pups wrestling.

james toney

Your PR is c**p.

That is what the American State Department thinks of unionism. Why would this be? Is unionism misunderstood or is it a case of not being able to put lipstick on a bulldog?

Media Mike who comes across as a waffling, condescending, cardboard cut-out agrees with the State Department, he said:

Engagement is very important, or as the American from the State Department said to me last year, Your PR is c**p. Sinn Fein was doing it 22 years ago, John Hume [former SDLP leader] was probably doing it 20 years before Sinn Fein and where is the Ulster Unionists? Where is unionism? On the starting line, well just off the starting line, with an awful lot of catching up to do''.

DUP PR on the gays

DUP veteran Maurice Mills said that Hurricane Katrina, which killed 1,300 people, was Gods revenge for an annual gay pride event called Southern Decadence.

The media failed to report that the hurricane occurred just two days prior to the annual homosexual event called the Southern Decadence festival which the previous year had attracted an estimated 125,000 people, said Mills. Surely this is a warning to nations where such wickedness is increasingly promoted and practised.

DUP PR on Muslims

DUP leader Mr Robinson said he would trust Muslims to "go down to the shops" for him or to deal with a number of other "day to day issues".

On the Irish language

Campbell made fun of the Irish language in the Stormont parliament with the words: curry my yoghurt can coca coal yer a send-up of the Irish for thank you, speaker. He also warned he would treat as toilet paper any move to introduce an Irish Language Act.

DUP denials

Robinson hit the headlines after it emerged that his wife Iris had an affair with a teenager. Subsequent revelations include claims that Mrs Robinson secured money from two property developers, which she gave to her lover.

Corner-boy Tom

When he was heckled by some in the crowd, he said that he would expect nothing better from "the scum of Sinn Fein".

Regulation of Ouija boards ghost.gif

The MP for East Londonderry asked the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills to regulate the sale of the 'spirit boards'. He was told to f*ck off and that the Government had no plans to regulate the sale of Ouija boards*.

There are thousands of examples out there of their PR disasters. The Brits across the water also think that unionists are an odd, stuck in the mud bunch. Former prime minister John Major recently said he has no sympathy for loyalists who claim the political process is eroding their British identity.

Loyalists' identity fears 'phantom' - Sir John Major - BBC News

*It is not the first time that Ouija boards issue has arisen with DUP members. In the 2006 biography 'Iris: An Intimate Portrait' the DUP leader Peter Robinson and his wife Iris recall a time when they suspected their home was haunted leading to the discovery of a board in their attic. :D

DUP MP Gregory Campbell wants sale of Ouija boards regulated - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Blaming the farming community.....then blaming folk that they said they never met?
An Ouija board won't help....the ex UDR and Loyalist terrorists could try though.

Mickeymac

Blaming the farming community.....then blaming folk that they said they never met?
An Ouija board won't help....the ex UDR and Loyalist terrorists could try though.

Amazing the way unionist amnesia clicks in when posts like yours James hits this forum, not even one reply from our usual suspects regarding the facts you have posted above.....disgusting IMO.

death or glory

Who is blaming the farming community.
The Eire beef farmers will be decimated if they use their main market, the UK.

AhNowStop

Who is blaming the farming community.
The Eire beef farmers will be decimated if they use their main market, the UK.
Says the lying gobsh1te who claims to be a dairy farmer .. and who's that stoopid he claimed a hard Brexit would make him better off 😂 😂

as per usual, dopey's post backfires on him "again" :rolleyes:😂

Dairy Council for NI in 'doomsday' no-deal Brexit warning

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies