Why no Green Party candidate in Donegal South West By-Election?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
No they did not, nothing even close to that occurred. There was a meeting that decided to split, which had 45 attendees and voted over 90% to leave, which was an incredible turnout of 132% of valid members, the vast majority of whom are actually still members of the party. I have no idea who was at that meeting, but the majority of them were not members of the Green Party. Membership numbers in Donegal are about the same this year as they were last year.

"The Donegal Greens" are now part of an Fis Nua, a new green/social democratic federation.
The majority of those in attendance were pieces of paper, rather than human beings. Even though there is no provision for postal votes in either the constitution of the Green Party or the Donegal Greens.

Baron von Biffo

Newffowner

I'd run for them but they fecked me out, they didn't like the questions I was asking in relation to corruption, the Energy Regulator and the fact the Eamo appointed a banker to chair Bord Gais.

Then again he also appointed a former banker, from the department of finance to head the Energy Regulator.

One of the latest proposals from the Regulator is to ensure that no energy company makes a loss, yet they have no proposals as to how any losses will be funded, or how big these losses could be or how they will be generated.

Sound familiar

Try asking a Green, they just say thats a matter for Eamo, who stays silent on the issue, so much for openness and transparency

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I'd run for them but they fecked me out, they didn't like the questions I was asking in relation to corruption, the Energy Regulator and the fact the Eamo appointed a banker to chair Bord Gais.

Then again he also appointed a former banker, from the department of finance to head the Energy Regulator.

One of the latest proposals from the Regulator is to ensure that no energy company makes a loss, yet they have no proposals as to how any losses will be funded, or how big these losses could be or how they will be generated.

Sound familiar

Try asking a Green, they just say thats a matter for Eamo, who stays silent on the issue, so much for openness and transparency
They kicked you out?
You were expelled from the Green Party?

Newffowner

They kicked you out?
You were expelled from the Green Party?
Yep, just before the elections for the chairman, I don't think Dan was prepared to answer the questions in public, he knew I was going to raise.

Still tried to get into the debate though,just as well they threw me out of the hotel, Cork got flooded that night, my car would have been under five foot of water if I stayed.

stripey cat

Yep, just before the elections for the chairman, I don't think Dan was prepared to answer the questions in public, he knew I was going to raise.

Still tried to get into the debate though,just as well they threw me out of the hotel, Cork got flooded that night, my car would have been under five foot of water if I stayed.
Were you actually physically removed from the premises by The Greens?

stripey cat

The Green Party Education spokesman, Paul Gogarty, has said on Twitter that he has heard that the Donegal By-Election is not going too well for Sinn Féin.

The latest poll shows the SF candidate on 40%.

Crazy Paul's Twitter Feed

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com

So hang on, you're saying you were physically ejected from a building in which the Green Party were having a meeting.
(1) Physically manhandled out of the meeting, really?
(2) Done by members of the Green Party?
(3) Were you in fact expelled from the Green Party?

Newffowner

So hang on, you're saying you were physically ejected from a building in which the Green Party were having a meeting.
(1) Physically manhandled out of the meeting, really?
(2) Done by members of the Green Party?
(3) Were you in fact expelled from the Green Party?
No I wasn't picked up by the arse of me trousers and flung out a door.

A fellow on the booze with another two behind him introduced himself as a green party member, said there was a problem with my membership, put a hand on my back and an arm across my front directing me to an exit behind me. Intimidating rather than voilent.

I was on a preliminary membership, does that mean I was expelled or had my membership cancelled, it's irrelevant to me.

The objective was to stop me raising questions regarding the conduct of the CER, and Eamon Ryans support for them.

Desperate Dan

Last edited:

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
No I wasn't picked up by the arse of me trousers and flung out a door.

A fellow on the booze with another two behind him introduced himself as a green party member, said there was a problem with my membership, put a hand on my back and an arm across my front directing me to an exit behind me. Intimidating rather than voilent.

I was on a preliminary membership, does that mean I was expelled or had my membership cancelled, it's irrelevant to me.

The objective was to stop me raising questions regarding the conduct of the CER, and Eamon Ryans support for them.
Preliminary membership lasts 6 months and during that time you can attend meetings and speak, but can't vote. It's to stop infiltration and IMHO a good idea. After this period you become a full member. There is no way your membership can be cancelled without an explusion process.

From your description you were indeed manhandled out of the building.
You should have called the police. There's security cameras everywhere these days.

And yet you say you'd be willing to stand for the Greens in Donegal. I'm surprised you are in Ireland this time of year, considering the migratory habits of Cuculus canorus.

Newffowner

Preliminary membership lasts 6 months and during that time you can attend meetings and speak, but can't vote. It's to stop infiltration and IMHO a good idea. After this period you become a full member. There is no way your membership can be cancelled without an explusion process.

From your description you were indeed manhandled out of the building.
You should have called the police. There's security cameras everywhere these days.

And yet you say you'd be willing to stand for the Greens in Donegal. I'm surprised you are in Ireland this time of year, considering the migratory habits of Cuculus canorus.
And there was me thinking I was a Dunnock

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom