Why no weather watchers tonight?

junius

Have just logged on here to see what others are saying about the Armageddon weather we are currently in the middle of. Yet, there is not a single comment on the weather in the forums. In North Mayo the weather is horrendous, the gales are at unprecedented levels - up to 140 km per hour, the lights are flickering, the sea is white or maybe its the salt that's plastered over every window from the massive waves half a km away in the bay. No, the sea is white and churning even though everything is pitch black. The large metal dog kennel is half way down the field, as is everything else that hasn't been tied down. I fear the roof is going to be lifted. It's shocking and not a word about it? Is it our own little private hell or is anyone else suffering too? :eek:

Green eyed monster

At least one group of people have seen benefit from it, a giant 50 feet wave in excellent conditions (no breeze at the time) was experienced by some surfers a few days ago... The West coast has some of the best big wave surfing on the planet... Now they won't give away it's secret. Surfers must be a very competitive lot.

The Press Association: Surfers silent over giant wave site

They call it 'Prowlers'... and this is it...

Tea Party Patriot

I think the weather and the dark evening are just matching my mood on the economy.

He3

Mayo is not Dublin junius.

You could have a Hurricane there (and the forecast was for Violent Storm Force 11, just one notch below Hurricane) and DubMedia would yawn. They think Hurricanes only happen in the States and the Caribbean.

RahenyFG

I cycled earlier in Dublin and boy it was a nightmare

cedissapointed

I was born close to the sea over a cliff,so you can only imagine the weather i grew up with,on a coastline right near the sea,and being honest there was worse weather,i am a committed weather watcher and the wind is abating where i am in the southwest of ireland,i was out on a weather watch earlier and the winds were a lot higher than they are now.

He3

cedissapointed

Special request for you from the Mods - would you mind trimming the length of your Location. It is messing with the screen size for techie reasons.

Thanks.

He3

Tea Party Patriot

I was born close to the sea over a cliff,so you can only imagine the weather i grew up with,on a coastline right near the sea,and being honest there was worse weather,i am a committed weather watcher and the wind is abating where i am in the southwest of ireland,i was out on a weather watch earlier and the winds were a lot higher than they are now.
Definitely has slowed down, although it nearly knocked one my hay barns earlier.

Mushroom

Do they discuss politics much on weather.ie?

RahenyFG

Because of the weather or just in all the usual ways?
The gale force winds. Going into town was a nightmare, I was nearly about to give up and get the bus. Way home wasn't so bad, the wind blew me home.

He3

morbro

Not a nice night for knocking on doors in Donegal South West. The wind will bang the doors in their faces.

Mushroom

He3

Harpo :)

New Threads

Most Replies