Why not restore the one party state we had in celtic tiger times?

Marcos the black

And like I've repeatedly posted, be patient.

So you embraced the cronyism. You never did say which state board you got appointed to, I'm guessing the one with wind energy (see you'd have lots of wind to utilize).
And you express surprise that I'm not here that often. Agenda driven liars like you supported by idiots who don't know any different.
Things like facts for reality have no bearing on the situation, just bluster and lies .. anyway, just like the UK, and just like America well get what we deserve..

ger12

And you express surprise that I'm not here that often. Agenda driven liars like you supported by idiots who don't know any different.
Things like facts for reality have no bearing on the situation, just bluster and lies .. anyway, just like the UK, and just like America well get what we deserve..
The Irish people didn't deserve the FG party under Enda Kenny in Government. They voted for change, and a promise that the corrosive cronyism that so sickened people would stop.

Instead they got Phil Hogan and James Reilly and an awful lot of Denis O'Brien. They didn't deserve that.

shiel

The Irish people didn't deserve the FG party under Enda Kenny in Government. They voted for change, and a promise that the corrosive cronyism that so sickened people would stop.

Instead they got Phil Hogan and James Reilly and an awful lot of Denis O'Brien. They didn't deserve that.
Don't worry the Irish people will be back to the celtic tiger government as soon as the media can get the things in place.

So the 'new politics' will be back to the future and the one party state.

ger12

Don't worry the Irish people will be back to the celtic tiger government as soon as the media can get the things in place.

So the 'new politics' will be back to the future and the one party state.
You come a across as a bitter blueshirt shiel.

Peppermint

Did they 'deserve' the bolloxology of Bertie Ahern?
Did they deserve the down right corrupt reign of Charlie and his minions?
Did they deserve the incompetence of the, often pissed, Brian Cowen?

But you voted FF last time anyway???

cytex

Did they 'deserve' the bolloxology of Bertie Ahern?
Did they deserve the down right corrupt reign of Charlie and his minions?
Did they deserve the incompetence of the, often pissed, Brian Cowen?

But you voted FF last time anyway???

Sorry have to disagree here . The Irish people got exactly what they deserved by voting for this party it is exactly the same as voting for FG until the Irish people stop voting for these parties they really cant complain about the cronyism or lack of change or the complete sell out of this state to Europe this is entirely on the electorate . Same as what happend when they put FF in for so long . But rather than learning there lesson they are just going to put the other half of tweedle dee back in next election .

Peppermint

Sorry have to disagree here . The Irish people got exactly what they deserved by voting for this party it is exactly the same as voting for FG until the Irish people stop voting for these parties they really cant complain about the cronyism or lack of change or the complete sell out of this state to Europe this is entirely on the electorate . Same as what happend when they put FF in for so long . But rather than learning there lesson they are just going to put the other half of tweedle dee back in next election .
And I agree, we get what we elected.

We deserved FF as we kept voting for them..
We deserve FG as we voted them in...
And , yet again, we'll deserve FF as we'll vote them in..

shiel

You come a across as a bitter blueshirt shiel.
Look you are an intelligent person.

You can do much better than just make personal remarks and ignore the issues.

I think that the celtic tiger period when we had a virtual one party state with media arse licking the powerful was a disaster for most people especially the poorest.

The country ended up broke because the powerful thought they could walk on water and got reckless.

But for that the media would have seen to it that we would still have a the celtic tiger virtual one party state.

It would make no difference what political group was having its arse licked a one party state is not in anyone's interest.

Reading the media I feel we are returning to that now and feel as a citizen of this democratic republic I should point it out on a forum such as this.

I do not think that is bitter and I would be saying the same no matter who were the one party state.

amsterdemmetje

During the celtic tiger, I was earning 25% more than I am know....so bring it on...

Anyone want to buy my house?
This is the thing we didn't buy a house during all the madness, even though money was shoveled our way by one particular bank. We have a property here in Holland and have been renting in Ireland for the last 11 years we have now decided to buy a house in Ireland before these ejjits start filling up the atms again. There's still some nice properties at good prices out there down where we are that's without the trimmings of 4 fuppin unsuites of course.

Man or Mouse

Its certainly true that FFs friends in the media have won the image war.

But to be sure as the Healy Rae's might say "They never losht it".

What was most impressive while doing that is persuading people FG were worse than FF because they just repeated Denis O Brien's name all the time because he was constantly associated with FG in the media even though its FFers he puts on the boards of his companies.

Fair play to FF they really know how to use the stupidity of the Irish people for the party's benefit.
Never have I seen their greatest trait so succinctly summarised.

shiel

Never have I seen their greatest trait so succinctly summarised.
It is not the stupidity of the Irish people that left us with a one party state during the celtic tiger years and a consequent bankrupt country at the end of it.

It was the media who licked the arses of the powerful in government and financial institutions and scoffed at anyone who raised objections to the trebling of government expenditure and the trebling of bank lending.

The Irish people were misinformed during the celtic tiger.

They are still being misinformed now.

As in the celtic tiger times anyone who raises questions are scoffed at and told to shut up.

shiel

I have notified feedback that access to theads started by contributors are no longer accessible.

In my case that probably does not make much difference since many of mine were zooed.

The threads in which I have expressed my objection to media bias and its consequences in particular were zooed.

So it is a miracle that this one survived. It will probably be zooed now that I have made a comment on it.

In these threads I have expressed my opinion that media bias led to one political grouping being in power too long during the years of the pre-2009 boom.

That led to the members of that political group thinking they could walk on water and consequently getting arrogant and reckless and bankrupting the country.

I think those are historical facts that have tended to be overlooked.

That does not mean that if another political group were in power for the same period having their arses licked by the same media things would not be as bad or worse.

I, therefore, object to my contribution to the debate being reduced by many contributors to straight forward partisan party political propaganda.

I have written replies saying that I had no connection to any political grouping but was making a general point that people of any political persuasion who are in power too long having their arses licked by media are liable to get ideas about themselves and do reckless things.

The consequences of that happened here in 2010 and we are all paying for it since.

No apologies to anyone for restating that.

Especially since it annoys the powerful people who bankrupt the country and their arse lickers many of whom are still pontificating away on MSM and on forums such as this.

They are working hard day after day promoting the return of the one party state we had in the boom times and which bankrupt the country.

shiel

The following are figures published at the time of the collapse in 2010.

They are the result of the recklessness of a small number of this country's most powerful citizens in charge of government, financial institutions etc during the boom.

EU Deficits/Debt 2010: Ireland at -32.4% of GDP; Greece at -10.5%;
By Finfacts Team

Those were the worst figures in the EU.

In fact those are some of the worst figures seen anywhere ever.

We are all paying for that recklessness ever since,

Why ignore the historical facts?

Why are Irish media risking a repeat?

shiel

The agenda to return to power the pre-2009 government which bankrupt the country is in full flow on media today.

The people who first proposed water charges are now proposing abolishment.

The people who set up NAMA and set its rules are now complaining about its operation.

There would have been no need for water charges if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

There would have been no need for austerity if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

There would have been no need for NAMA if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

There would have been no opportunities for vulture funds if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

There would have been no need for an 85bn euro bailout if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

Reckless decisions by its own most powerful citizens in charge of government during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period resulted in trebling government spending.

The small number of people in charge of the pre-2009 governments bear most of the responsibility for the biggest calamity to hit this country since independence.

Yet the Irish media is cheer leading their return to power.

shiel

The media coverage of political issues today and recently exemplifies the current agenda of the Irish media to return the pre-2009 celtic tiger government to power.

We are being encouraged to forget that that government had nearly unanimous support of media when it was a virtual one party state and that it consequently got arrogant and bankrupt the country.

The members of that pre-2009 government are still the darlings of the media as the recent coverage shows.

The media message is roll on the return of the one party state.

blinding

We are a one party state .........FF/FG and Labour when needed to stretch the cheeks for a Fart .

shiel

To say that Ireland in the period between 2000 and 2011 when the collapse occurred was a one party state is an exaggeration.

It was not a one party state in the terms that soviet Russia or Hitler's Germany were one party states but one party dominated all governments and had the more or less uncritial support of media.

That did not end too well and the promotion of their return to a dominant position again as seems to be happening needs to be questioned more than it is at the moment.

Eire1976

The agenda to return to power the pre-2009 government which bankrupt the country is in full flow on media today.

The people who first proposed water charges are now proposing abolishment.

The people who set up NAMA and set its rules are now complaining about its operation.

There would have been no need for water charges if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

There would have been no need for austerity if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

There would have been no need for NAMA if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

There would have been no opportunities for vulture funds if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

There would have been no need for an 85bn euro bailout if the country was not bankrupt by the decisions of its own most powerful citizens during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period.

Reckless decisions by its own most powerful citizens in charge of government during the pre-2009 celtic tiger period resulted in trebling government spending.

The small number of people in charge of the pre-2009 governments bear most of the responsibility for the biggest calamity to hit this country since independence.

Yet the Irish media is cheer leading their return to power.
The charging for water has nothing to do with any Irish political party. It comes from the EU.

It's the EU setting up private investors to make money from public services as they have done elsewhere.

New Threads

Most Replies