Why Trump isn't all wrong on the NFL/NBA protesters.

Herr Rommel

ffs
"How dare you allege that I said I'd hammer some Black kid who called to my house, when in fact i said I'd hammer any African kid that called to my house"

Thanks for clearing that up Rommel
I am sure any black kid not born in Africa would get a great welcome off you
lol
Your assumption makes you look an ass.

O'Sullivan Bere

You know nothing about the GAA with your numbskull " they'd be fecked out of the country" shite
If black people in this country were being shot unarmed and the Gardai who did it walking free, and a black player made a dignified protest, there would be no recriminations, I guarantee you.
I know GAA members inside out, they are decent and fair.
You have some stupid notion they are a bunch of mad RA heads who'd lynch some darkie who dissed the anthem.

Might I point out to you and the other clueless poster who refers to "Irish players at Croke Park" (no Irish players play at Croke Park ffs) that the current Irish rugby captain remains stony silenced while his team mates belt out the Irish Anthem.
And hardly anyone gives two fu*ks that he does, and rightfully so.
At risk of going off topic, IMO the rugby team is an all-Ireland team so Amhrán na bhFiann shouldn't be played at Aviva for those matches.

Insofar as the GAA, there was the issue of Darren Graham of Fermanagh getting slagged for being Protestant that made him temporarily quit the GAA back in 2007.
Protestant player to return to club after GAA apology - Irish Times
There have also been problems with some maggots regarding black GAA players like the Aaron Cunningham incident and others, e.g.,
GAA to investigate alleged racist abuse - Irish Times
Westmeath Under-Age Footballer Opens Up About Racist Abuse On The Field - Pundit Arena

To be fair, all sports are going to have the occasional maggots in attendance or on the pitch. It's what's done about them that's the ultimate issue. Sports are a wonderful thing when done right, and they mostly are done right where room for any improvements should always be welcome.

Jack Walsh

At risk of going off topic, IMO the rugby team is an all-Ireland team so Amhrán na bhFiann shouldn't be played at Aviva for those matches.

Insofar as the GAA, there was the issue of Darren Graham of Fermanagh getting slagged for being Protestant that made him temporarily quit the GAA back in 2007.
Protestant player to return to club after GAA apology - Irish Times
There have also been problems with some maggots regarding black GAA players like the Aaron Cunningham incident and others, e.g.,
GAA to investigate alleged racist abuse - Irish Times
Westmeath Under-Age Footballer Opens Up About Racist Abuse On The Field - Pundit Arena

To be fair, all sports are going to have the occasional maggots in attendance or on the pitch. It's what's done about them that's the ultimate issue. Sports are a wonderful thing when done right, and they mostly are done right where room for any improvements should always be welcome.

Vicious and hurtful sledging of players involving racist, sectarian and homophobic goading has appeared in all teams sports everywhere.
Look at some of the things that have been said on Cricket pitches over the decades,
I have always despised it and delighted it is now almost eliminated.
But it is not any more prevalent within GAA than it might be in other sports.
I have coached many teams including juveniles for years, it is now very rare to play a match where there wont be at least one black kid on the field (often far more out in West Dublin) and I have never witnessed a single remotely racist incident.
In fact if anything, there tends to be a little too much of the cringy fair play to you, aren't you the great lad to give it a go" encouragement

Wag seems to think Croke Park is jammed with far right bigots who would run some uppity black lad out of the country if he made any sort of gesture or protest of a serious social issue.
That is BS, all you'd get is a froth fest on Pish and here by the usual bigots

btw
The worst sledging I ever heard on a field was a tramp goading a teammate about his brother's suicide.

Herr Rommel

Vicious and hurtful sledging of players involving racist, Santeria and homophobic goading has appeared in all teams sports everywhere.
Look at some of the things that have been said on Cricket pitches over the decades,
I have always despised it and delighted it is now almost eliminated.
But it is not any more prevalent within GAA than it might be in other sports.
I have coached many teams including juveniles for years, it is now very rare to play a match where there wont be At least one black kid on teh field (often far more out in West Dublin) and I have never witnessed a single remotely racist incident.
In fact if anything, there tends to be a little too much of the cringy fair play to you, aren't you the great lad to give it a go" encouragement

Wag seems to think Croke Park is jammed with far right bigots who would run some uppity black lad out of the country if he made any sort of gesture or protest of a serious social issue.
That is BS, all you'd get is a froth fest on Pish and here by the usual bigots

btw
The worst sledging I ever heard on a field was a tramp goading a teammate about his brother's suicide.
You make a few correct points for once.