Why was Bruton excluded from Finance briefing?

Edo

If you are in a sulk, that is your problem. Some of us are going to get this government out. If you want to put your sulking ahead of the national interest, so be it.
Grand so Tommy - Im on the way out the door to a FG fundraising meeting at 9.30 this meeting- 99% of them have serious problems and are dissillusioned with the leadership too - I'll just go and tell them all to feck off, dont bother sending in the National collection money and burn the superdraw tickets- we're not needed anymore and our opinions are superflous unless they coincide with our dear leader - that HQ have it all under control!

You're a gas man

turdsl

It is not an easy day for Mr Noonan and Hayes, the Dept of Finance informs them that our economy is ruined much worse than we were told up to now, Brian Lenihan told us last year we had turned the corner, then cut then pension on the blind, what has he in mind this year,tax baby food.he will do what the EU officials tell him over the last week. Meanwhile down the road we have the same Dept providing taxpayers money
to prevent the holding of elections which are overdue. We have had a black Thursday. now we have a black Monday, Fianna Fail has destroyed our economy
now in their effort to hold on to power they refuse to hold elections. Very sad day for Ireland.

punchdrunk

FG people really do need to move away from this childish notion that anyone who isn't 100% behind Kenny must be an FFer.
All I can say to you is that the opposition are aghast at what they have already seen at the Department of Finance. Kenny did not create this mess.
We have the loony situation that the leader of the opposition is being attacked for the sins of the government. No wonder Ireland is seen as a joke internationally. You have a dangerous obsession with Kenny and FG.
Where is your fixation with FF and Cowen? Where are the non stop attacks from you on them? You remind me of the Sindo- a paper that is rapidly losing influence because it is seen as an FF propaganda sheet each Sunday. Thankfully most FG supporters are now well aware of this.

wombat

As regards going away - be careful what you wish for.
That is the last thing we need. Remember when the PDs broke the mould - we got perpetual FF govt. We need to find a way to rally support behind FG and realistic policies.

flavirostris

The whole thing has echoes of the early eighties when Garret took over to find that FF had been bullshi*tting everybody about how bad things actually were.

punchdrunk

Grand so Tommy - Im on the way out the door to a FG fundraising meeting at 9.30 this meeting- 99% of them have serious problems and are dissillusioned with the leadership too - I'll just go and tell them all to feck off, dont bother sending in the National collection money and burn the superdraw tickets- we're not needed anymore and our opinions are superflous unless they coincide with our dear leader - that HQ have it all under control!

You're a gas man
There is such a thing as loyalty. Note how Fianna Failers have closed ranks around Cowen.
A decision was made. I may not like some decisions but I accept them. I am sick of people attacking Kenny. You are lucky if they turn up for an AGM. At least thats my experience of many of them. Ask them to do any work and you find that they are busy. I am sick of people whinging, many of whom do sweet damn all for the party and this applies to some of the grandees too who have been vocal lately and were not to be seen when the party was almost wiped out in 2002. Kenny had no hand act or part in the economic catastrophe.

Last edited:

turdsl

That's real constructive. We are sleepwalking into a Labour led govt which is the last thing the country needs and you want to encourage people to drop out? daft.

Ridiculous talk,if you feel so strong to something about it, try and get a nomination yourself.
Kenny will be Toiseach, he will have almost twice as many seats as Labour.

wombat

Kenny will be Toiseach, he will have almost twice as many seats as Labour.
Not if he doesn't get twice as many votes

Baron von Biffo

All I can say to you is that the opposition are aghast at what they have already seen at the Department of Finance. Kenny did not create this mess.
We have the loony situation that the leader of the opposition is being attacked for the sins of the government. No wonder Ireland is seen as a joke internationally. You have a dangerous obsession with Kenny and FG.
Where is your fixation with FF and Cowen? Where are the non stop attacks from you on them? You remind me of the Sindo- a paper that is rapidly losing influence because it is seen as an FF propaganda sheet each Sunday. Thankfully most FG supporters are now well aware of this.
Firstly, Kenny is leader of FG not leader of the opposition. FG hacks may have nobbled Wikipedia but in the real world facts hold sway. Secondly no one accused him of causing the crisis.

Kenny wants to lead the next government and there's still a chance that he might so it's fair and reasonable to comment on his performance on a political website. That doesn't amount to obsession.

I have routinely commented negatively on the current government and on Cowen, Lenihan and Harney in particular for their woeful performance. Unfortunately your antennae are tuned to pick up slights to your leader to the exclusion of all else so you missed it.

punchdrunk

have you ever heard the phrase "when in hole stop digging" ? your making a right plonker of yourself Rodney :roll:

Edo is / was a well know FG member and supporter
Well if he is he has a funny way of showing it. How dare you call me a plonker. No the real plonkers are those who publically undermine their own leader when a decision has been made. Only birdbrains cannot see that they are doing FFs dirty work for them.

wombat

punchdrunk

Firstly, Kenny is leader of FG not leader of the opposition. FG hacks may have nobbled Wikipedia but in the real world facts hold sway. Secondly no one accused him of causing the crisis.

Kenny wants to lead the next government and there's still a chance that he might so it's fair and reasonable to comment on his performance on a political website. That doesn't amount to obsession.

I have routinely commented negatively on the current government and on Cowen, Lenihan and Harney in particular for their woeful performance. Unfortunately your antennae are tuned to pick up slights to your leader to the exclusion of all else so you missed it.
FG is the largest party in opposition with 30 MORE SEATS than Labour. Kenny as leader of FG is leader of the opposition. Period.
Finally you have a dangerous obsession with Kenny and FG just like the Sindo.
Where is your thread today about the horrific mess encountered by the opposition at the Department of Finance today?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
That is the last thing we need. Remember when the PDs broke the mould - we got perpetual FF govt. We need to find a way to rally support behind FG and realistic policies.
Or labour, or the shinners, or all the others... Why in the name of Jaysus FG has the divine right to replace FF as the natural party of govt is entirely beyond me.

turdsl

Mr Kenny has got very unfair treatment from the press, He is the leader of Fine Gael.He has not disgraced his party or his country, We were told Cowen would be a great Toiseach. he has ruined our economy and shamed us all over the world, just the same as the man who went before him. Kenny got very unfair press over the pairings. Quinn made a fool of both parties and Coghlan went to America laughing.This country needs an election now, the electorate are entitled to make their judgement who is to lead us out of the mess.

deedee

That's real constructive. We are sleepwalking into a Labour led govt which is the last thing the country needs and you want to encourage people to drop out? daft.
Since when is a Labour led government the last thing the country needs? The greedy selfish monetarists and lauded entrepreneurs of capitalism were let loose and see where we landed? They conspired internationally to ruin the world and walked away at any hint of responsibility.

A more left wing community centred approach might just work. In almost every country the initial system, upon gaining independence, is left of centre because they have to share all resources. That's the crap we are in now, the destruction left by these genius FF/Developers/Bankers/Business crew. At least Labour have a bit of integrity.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Where is your thread today about the horrific mess encountered by the opposition at the Department of Finance today?
Let nail this non sequitur for once and ... eh ... for once.

Just because there's a dictatorship in Zimbabwe doesn't mean that someone can talk legitimately about animal welfare in Spain without having to mention Robert Mugabe every second sentence.

ffs.

I'd go further. Crap FG leadership is one of the reasons FF have managed to make the mess they have.

Improving FG leadership will contribute to the cure.

wombat

Or labour, or the shinners, or all the others... Why in the name of Jaysus FG has the divine right to replace FF as the natural party of govt is entirely beyond me.
Nobody has a divine right to form a govt. If the majority decide to vote for parties of the left, that is their choice. It is not mine which is why I support FG. As I have said previously, people may not get the govt. they deserve but they get the govt. the greatest number vote for.

wombat

That would call for the art of being in two places at once, can’t see it happening.
But you think Cowen is right;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies