• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Why won't Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies send soldiers into Yemen?

davidcameron

Yemen conflict: Air strike hits MSF hospital in Hajjah - BBC News
An air strike has hit a hospital run by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) in northern Yemen, killing at least 11 people, the medical charity says.

Another 19 people were injured in the attack in Abs, in Hajjah province, believed to have been carried out by the Saudi-led coalition which is backing Yemen's government in its fight against Houthi rebels.

The coalition has not yet commented.
Surely, Houthi occupation of some areas of Yemen would have been ended by now if Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies sent soldiers into these areas instead of just launching air strikes. After all, Yemen is, compared to Saudi Arabia, a small country.

maxflinn

I think the question is why don't Saudi Arabia and its Gulf, and US and British allies stop butchering thousands of innocent people in the poorest country in the Middle East.

eoghanacht

They have and the bare feet Houthi tribesmen sent them packing.

davidcameron

I think the question is why don't Saudi Arabia and its Gulf, and US and British allies stop butchering thousands of innocent people in the poorest country in the Middle East.
A ground offensive would defeat the Houthis.

maxflinn

Maybe they should forget about the Houthis.

Yemen is another country.

SA should get out of it and stop funding ISIS, spreading their sick strand of Islam: Wahhabism all over the world and change their barbaric regime's laws.

Clanrickard

Mention of Israel in 3........2.......1.......

former wesleyan

JohnD66

It's simple enough. The Saudi Army is useless, despite the amount of money they spend on it. It's really just a way of giving well paid jobs as officers to important families. Meanwhile the footsoldiers are badly trained poorly motivated, badly led etc.

eoghanacht

So you're advocating a totalitarian Salafist kingdom should invade a neighbouring sovereign country and kill local tribesmen because, what?

Talk about nutters.

eoghanacht

If I were KSA I'd be asking the Brits who trained them for my money back.

firefly123

There's plenty of videos doing the rounds of saudi hardware being blown to smithereens so I assumed they were on the ground.

former wesleyan

tell that to the shiites of Bahrain
Driving across the causeway in an APV to beat up civilians doesn't constitute an army in any real sense of the word. Fact is they couldn't beat snow off a rope.

davidcameron

Maybe they should forget about the Houthis.

Yemen is another country.

SA should get out of it and stop funding ISIS, spreading their sick strand of Islam: Wahhabism all over the world and change their barbaric regime's laws.
So you're advocating a totalitarian Salafist kingdom should invade a neighbouring sovereign country and kill local tribesmen because, what?

Talk about nutters.
The Houthis have committed atrocities against Sunni Muslims.
The doctor paying a high price for tweeting from a war zone - BBC News

Sierra

Would it? The Saudi armed forces are facing fierce resistance at the border as it is. There are dozens of videos emerging each week of Saudi tanks and troops being obliterated - and this involves Houthis actively traveling to Saudi force emplacements. The Saudi Government knows all too well that they would face a fierce guerilla insurgency if they attempted to invade.

Catalpast

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies