Wicklow next election

riker1969

So with Billy Timmins announcement that he intends to run next time with or without FG, I think its time to look at Wicklow again.
I think Harris , Sf, Pat Casey are safe but i think last two seats are open
It could be argued that Donnelly has a good shot but i wonder how your typical fianna failure views him ?
There is speculation that jack austerity o connor is running for labour . I think he would be a ************************ candidate and Labour even if they ran fr mcverry , are unelectable in wicklow.
Your views ?

Eoin Coir

FG will debase themselves if they allow Rip Van Winkle Timmins to run under their banner

riker1969

I do think it hardly likely FG would bring him back but if he ran as a pro life ind FG then he could cause them trouble. My own feeling is after SF -wicklow has room for one more left leaning TD but who ?

carlovian

I do think it hardly likely FG would bring him back but if he ran as a pro life ind FG then he could cause them trouble. My own feeling is after SF -wicklow has room for one more left leaning TD but who ?
Jack O’Connor ?

Oh wait sorry, you said left leaning.

FOURGREENFIELDS

I was a bit surprised to learn that Sinn Fein has quite a loyal base in Wicklow and a well organised branch there. There seems to be quite a few Sinn Fein members and voters in the Blessington area.

flavirostris

I predict Donnelly will lose his seat next time. Independent cred gone which was his main appeal.

flavirostris

FF dont like non well bred followers,look at Colm Keaveney !
FFers won't forget that SD joined the party when they were rising in the polls. He wouldn't touch them when they were still toxic. He's a pure opportunist bullsh!tter

Eoin Coir

FFers won't forget that SD joined the party when they were rising in the polls. He wouldn't touch them when they were still toxic. He's a pure opportunist bullsh!tter
His contributions since joining FF have been nil, even on Brexit which he was going to tale by storm. He is an ex banker of course too.

Leandrai

Suggested campaign song for Stephen Donnelly:
[video=youtube;viw5JXopin0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viw5JXopin0[/video]
I am tempted to send the perfidious weasel a long curly wig to go with that.

Billy Timmins...
He got first preference FG votes and second/third preference "good neighbour" votes...for some reason best known to himself he decided to abandon both on the same day.

*IF* he goes door to door in West Wicklow, starting about now, offering profound apologies and possibly offering to wash and polish the family car, he may have a chance of resuming his seat.

He will NEVER get my vote...
https://mymythbuster.wordpress.com/i-will-not-be-voting-for-billy-timmins/
...but the car is outside the door and sure, doesn't god love a trier?

(I do have a piece on SD but anyone who can't see him for what he is without my help would be better served by a visit to specsavers.)

fgrep

Billy will be subject to ritual humiliation from FG members Nationally and locally. He has lost all credibility. Plus in the constituency redrawing he has lost a lot of the core areas he would have relied on in the past.
Bye bye Billy.

flavirostris

FF have lost their momentum recently. Last couple of polls were disappointing for them. Donnelly is probably thinking he made a massive strategic error because he undoubtably thought they were in the ascendant.

The guy is such an obvious spoofer though. Remember the Social Democrats launch. Nordic public services but no tax rises. Give me a break.

Eoin Coir

Timmins was just another Creighton, thought they were bigger than party, and that the party owed them,a big sense of entitlement.

mickterry

John Brady will not be the shoo in he should have been. John Snell, a former Sinn Féin Cllr, will stand and get a lot of votes. The Sinn Féin Cllr from Arklow has been appalling too and their base down in the south has been eroded. Interesting times ahead

New Threads

Most Replies