WikiLeaks plans to release a [major] U.S. bank's documents ... "Laymans" 2?

robut

WikiLeaks to expose a major US bank | The Money Times

WikiLeaks plans to release a U.S. bank's documents | Reuters

"but he said that he expected that the disclosures, which follow his group's release of U.S. military and diplomatic documents, would lead to investigations.

"We have one related to a bank coming up, that's a megaleak. It's not as big a scale as the Iraq material, but it's either tens or hundreds of thousands of documents depending on how you define it," Assange said in the interview posted on the Forbes website.

He declined to identify the bank, describing it only as a major U.S. bank that is still in existence.

Asked what he wanted to be the result of the disclosure, he replied: "I'm not sure. It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume."

He compared this release to emails that were unveiled as a result of the collapse of disgraced energy company Enron Corp."

This should be interesting. EXTERNAL FORCES, just in time for the General Election here. Even now the Markets getting nervous.

I imagine for FF just in time ... "LAYMANS 2" the sequel!

EDIT: Im being a bit obscure - I know its Lehmans, but if you listen to FF politicians particularly on radio / TV, in alot of cases Lehmans is pronounced LAYMANS hence I used inverted comma's - thought ye would get it :D

Robut

Last edited:

Odyessus

WikiLeaks to expose a major US bank | The Money Times

WikiLeaks plans to release a U.S. bank's documents | Reuters

"but he said that he expected that the disclosures, which follow his group's release of U.S. military and diplomatic documents, would lead to investigations.

"We have one related to a bank coming up, that's a megaleak. It's not as big a scale as the Iraq material, but it's either tens or hundreds of thousands of documents depending on how you define it," Assange said in the interview posted on the Forbes website.

He declined to identify the bank, describing it only as a major U.S. bank that is still in existence.

Asked what he wanted to be the result of the disclosure, he replied: "I'm not sure. It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume."

He compared this release to emails that were unveiled as a result of the collapse of disgraced energy company Enron Corp."

This should be interesting. EXTERNAL FORCES, just in time for the General Election here. Even now the Markets getting nervous.

I imagine for FF just in time ... "LAYMANS 2" the sequel!

Robut

Do you mean "Lehmans"?

Verhofstadt

Website
LAYMANS?.. do you mean Lehmans?

OPs really are getting very ropey these days.

Holy Cow

Goldman sachs ?

Hewson

robut

Yes guys :D

OK maybe I was being a bit obscure, but if you ever listen to FF and other politicians they always say LAYMANS not Lehmans.

Listen to interviews on radio etc - It IS Laymans here :D

So Verhofstadt - "OPs really are getting very ropey these days."

Maybe OPs are being a bit too obscure for you instead :D

OK - I corrected fiirst post with explanation why I used INVERTED COMMA's LAYMANS INVERTED COMMA's ..

Robut

Odyessus

Yes guys :D

OK maybe I was being a bit obscure, but if you ever listen to FF and other politicians they always say LAYMANS not Lehmans.

Listen to interviews on radio etc - It IS Laymans here :D

So Verhofstadt - "OPs really are getting very ropey these days."

Maybe OPs are being a bit too obscure for you instead :D

Robut

"Lehmans" is correctly pronounced as "laymans".

robut

"Lehmans" is correctly pronounced as "laymans".
I would have pronounced it LEEMANS, that from Bloomberg / CNBC etc - but then I am from Cork maybe thats it :D

Anyway - seriously - it could have serious impact on us as external forces? beyond our control?

Robut

robut

I apologise to all for what I thought was a bit of rye humour. I will not do it again HERE ..

Dave - By all means change thread thread - I cannot do this even if I advance edit the first post.

Robut

Odyessus

I apologise to all for what I thought was a bit of rye humour. I will not do it again HERE ..

Dave - By all means change thread thread - I cannot do this even if I advance edit the first post.

Robut

Oh for God's sake! It is "wry" humour. :roll:

Can you get nothing right?

robut

OK OK - Im having a bad morning - and I was just eating rye bread ... yes that was it .. skulk skulk :D

Robut

Cassandra Syndrome

Does anyone else have a spooky feeling that wikileaks is an inside US Government psyops?

If I was to guess, it is Bank of America, because it was no 1 on the Stress Test bad list and if they want rid of it in a controlled manner than this would be optimum.

PS - Again I would like to stress that if I am right yet again here in a prediction, that I am NOT into witchcraft.

plantfirmly

This is an hilarious thread.

I personally got the double-entendre gag immediately - Kudos to you, robut.

Pretty interesting topic all the same... Doubt it'll be getting discussed here if people keep making spelling and grammar errors however.

Slippers 2

Johnnybaii

Jesus Christ people. Do all jokes have to come with a disclaimer or what? The country is going down the toilet and the spelling police are busting heads on P.ie

OP I got it.

Interista

Does anyone else have a spooky feeling that wikileaks is an inside US Government psyops?
I woudln't rule it out.

Despite their predictable hand-wringing talk of being "Shocked, shocked", by this 'leak', nothing thus far released is genuinely damaging to the US. In fact, some of it fits in quite nicely with current US policy. Within seconds of 'condemning' the 'leaks' yesterday, Hilary Clinton added that it all proved how dangerous Iran was and showed that sanctions were neccessary.

Hmmm......

Spinster

Cassandra Syndrome I think you may be right. What a wonderful way to introduce American Foreign Policy and have it supposedly vindicated by regimes all over the world. Amazing propaganda tool!! Be careful of any disinformation contained.

robut

Thanks Johnnybail and plantfirmly .. I see ye have the same WRY humour as myself.

If it blows in January I could see FF and co coming out and using it as a new excuse for why the recent bailout / 4 year plan will no longer work. Hence external forces once again come to the rescue of the incumbent government.

Read this too:

An Interview With WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange - Andy Greenberg - The Firewall - Forbes

Read Assange interview further down:

Q: So do you have very high impact corporate stuff to release then?

Assange: Yes, but maybe not as high impact…I mean, it could take down a bank or two.

Q: That sounds like high impact.

Assange: But not as big an impact as the history of a whole war. But it depends on how you measure these things.

THEN PAGE 2:

Q: Is it a U.S. bank?
A: Yes, it’s a U.S. bank.

Q: One that still exists?
A:Yes, a big U.S. bank.

Q: The biggest U.S. bank?
A: No comment.

Q: When will it happen?
A:Early next year. I won’t say more.

Q: What do you want to be the result of this release?
A: [Pauses] I’m not sure.

"It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume.

Usually when you get leaks at this level, it’s about one particular case or one particular violation ...

This will be like that. Yes, there will be some flagrant violations, unethical practices that will be revealed, but it will also be all the supporting decision-making structures and the internal executive ethos that cames out, and that’s tremendously valuable."

And so on ..

Robut

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies