Wilbur Ross, Mick Noonan and insider trading.

eoghanacht

European Parliament Report Accuses Wilbur Ross of Insider Trading – Mother Jones

Earlier this year, Luke Ming Flanagan, an Irish politician and member of the European Parliament, the European Union’s governing body, commissioned a report on the 2008 eurozone banking crisis. The final version of this report, written by two Irish financial analysts, was presented in Brussels last week to a group of 52 European Parliament members affiliated with left-leaning parties. And it included a section covering Ross’ investment in the Bank of Ireland, in which he was a major shareholder and a member of the board of directors. The report alleges that when Ross sold off his holdings in the bank for a massive profit in 2014, he possessed inside information that the bank was relying on deceptive accounting practices to mask its losses and embellish its financial position.

The friend of Mick....

Ross’ involvement with the Bank of Ireland began in July 2011, when his hedge fund, WL Ross & Co., joined several institutional investors to purchase a 34.9 percent stake in the struggling financial firm for 1.12 billion euros ($1.6 billion). At the time, the deal “led to much head-scratching,” according to the Irish Examiner. That’s because Ross and the other investors obtained stock in the company at the low price of 10 euro cents a share just months after the bank received a 3.5 billion euro bailout from the Irish Central Bank and a guarantee of up to 10 billion more. (The bank’s shares were trading at about 30 euro cents two months before the sale.) The Irish government’s decision “to sell a large chunk of Bank of Ireland at the bottom of the market” so soon after the government’s cash infusion had stabilized the institution “was on the face of it baffling,” the newspaper reported.

Baffling hmm, it'sonly baffling if you're still operating under the illusion there's no corruption in Ireland.

Hillmanhunter1

European Parliament Report Accuses Wilbur Ross of Insider Trading – Mother Jones

The friend of Mick....

Baffling hmm, it'sonly baffling if you're still operating under the illusion there's no corruption in Ireland.
This report is utter sh!te and adds nothing to the sum total of anybody's knowledge about anything.

It is not a European Parliament report, it is a report commissioned by a dingbat MEP, squandering EU funds.

I gave up after reading Ming's schoolboy level introduction and the fantasy biographies of the two authors.

Pure drivel - the only scandal here is that the European Parliament (and therefore we as taxpayers) funded this folly.

eoghanacht

This report is utter sh!te and adds nothing to the sum total of anybody's knowledge about anything.

It is not a European Parliament report, it is a report commissioned by a dingbat MEP, squandering EU funds.

I gave up after reading Ming's schoolboy level introduction and the fantasy biographies of the two authors.

Pure drivel - the only scandal here is that the European Parliament (and therefore we as taxpayers) funded this folly.
Right.

So in detail and step by step show us where it fails to deliver.

In your own time.

Disillusioned democrat

Okay - perhaps you have a logical explanation for the Wilbur Ross deal so, or for Cerberus, or the vulture funds getting charity tax status?

Noonan went on a bizarre solo run, happily gifting the state's few remaining assets to private investors for no gain to the state - few in the Irish media have challenged it, but it's left a gaping hole in our economy and a sour taste in many tax payers mouths.

Hillmanhunter1

Right.

So in detail and step by step show us where it fails to deliver.

In your own time.
No.

Unlike you I try to avoid the sin of Onan.

Hillmanhunter1

Okay - perhaps you have a logical explanation for the Wilbur Ross deal so, or for Cerberus, or the vulture funds getting charity tax status?

Noonan went on a bizarre solo run, happily gifting the state's few remaining assets to private investors for no gain to the state - few in the Irish media have challenged it, but it's left a gaping hole in our economy and a sour taste in many tax payers mouths.
See response to eoghanacht

Disillusioned democrat

See response to eoghanacht
Dude - I'm beginning to think you're full of shít...you suggest the report is a crock, but then have no basis for it...so really what's your point?

Noonan behaved like a scumbag facilitating carpetbaggers like Wilbur Ross for no apparent reason and no apparent benefit to the state. For all it's faults, this report is the first attempt I've seen to explain some of this.

Last edited:

eoghanacht

eoghanacht

Dude - I'm beginning to think you're full of shít...you suggest the report is a crock, but then have no basis for it...so really what's your point?

Noonan behaved like a scumbag facilitating carpetbaggers like Wilbur Ross for no apparent reason and no apparent benefit to the state. For all it's faults, this report is the first attempt I've seen to explain some of this.
FG don't turn on FG.

eoghanacht

Analyzer

For some reason FG have never forgiven what Shatter termed the Buswells Four.

I think it is because they always take thrir responsibilities to the people seriously.

Likewise the compromised media hate any politicians demanding transparency.

Levellers

This report is utter sh!te and adds nothing to the sum total of anybody's knowledge about anything.It is not a European Parliament report, it is a report commissioned by a dingbat MEP, squandering EU funds.I gave up after reading Ming's schoolboy level introduction and the fantasy biographies of the two authors.Pure drivel - the only scandal here is that the European Parliament (and therefore we as taxpayers) funded this folly.
What a whiny, snowflake post.

Disillusioned democrat

Okay - let me put this post in a more positive tone

@Hillmanhunter1 - what benefit do YOU believe the Irish citizens, whose tax money went to fund Wilbur Ross' good fortune, accrued from the "savvy" deal?

hammer

NOPE Hillmanhunter.

There are people on p.ie that just see negativity.

Its all FGs fault that everything is not right in their World.

SF IRA and IMFF will save us all. HO HO HO HO Merry Xmas :)

ShoutingIsLeadership

When Mick Noonan dies, people will speak freely. Before then, he will be afforded the privilege which was not afforded Brigid McCole, and will not be hounded to his grave.

RasherHash

Okay - let me put this post in a more positive tone

@Hillmanhunter1 - what benefit do YOU believe the Irish citizens, whose tax money went to fund Wilbur Ross' good fortune, accrued from the "savvy" deal?
Hillman came onto the thread like a blueshirt in a china shop but now when asked to substantiate his warblings has gone all coy :oops:

Tell us why Noonan isn't the lowest sort of scum Hillman, the only question left in all this is, is Noonan the scummiest politician in the country, even surpassing Ahern :confused:

hammer

Its all Michael Noonans fault.

The chap that starting with a € 25 billion annual deficit has left the books balanced.

And for you muppets that was every single person in employment OVER spending by € 13,889 per annum.

derryman

I have no idea if this report is balanced or not. But it does seem that those who think not have no argument to support their position. So I am leaning toward a positive view of its content.

Disillusioned democrat

Hillman came onto the thread like a blueshirt in a china shop but now when asked to substantiate his warblings has gone all coy :oops:

Tell us why Noonan isn't the lowest sort of scum Hillman, the only question left in all this is, is Noonan the scummiest politician in the country, even surpassing Ahern :confused:
I think Ahern was too stupid to really get how much damage he did to the economy - he seemed to genuinely believe in the magic money tree - at worst I'd accuse Ahern of "manslaughter"...Noonan's actions were premeditated "murder", he had full visibility of the situation and carried on regardless.

GDPR

It's not a scandal that an MEP has started asking the difficult questions, it's what he's paid to do.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies