Will all 3 by-election writs be moved by 31st March 2011? Or just Donegal?????

OceanFrog

In an interview in the Irish Times yesterday (23rd November 2010) Brian Cowen confirmed that the writ for the Donegal by-election would be moved by 31st March 2011, but refused to confirm the other 2 outstanding by-elections would be held on the same day. This was also reported in today's Sunday Indo.

So what are the chances FG/Greens will try to postpone the Waterford and Dublin by-elections as long as possible? Or will they realistically have to move all 3 writs by 31st March 2011?

Last edited:

LeDroit

In an interview in the Irish Times yesterday (23rd nov 2020) Brian Cowen confirmed that the writ for the Donegal by-election would be moved by 31st March 2011, but refused to confirm the other 2 outstanding by-elections would be held on the same day. This was also reported in today's Sunday Indo.

So what are the chances FG/Greens will try to postpone the Waterford and Dublin by-elections as long as possible? Or will they realistically have to move all 3 writs by 31st March 2011?
They will only move the writ for Donegal and Pat 'The Cope' will be brought back from Europe to run. And he will win! FF are slippery little feckers.

Red_93

They will only move the writ for Donegal and Pat 'The Cope' will be brought back from Europe to run. And he will win! FF are slippery little feckers.
Continually saying that doesn't make it true you know.

LeDroit

Continually saying that doesn't make it true you know.
I'm just nailing my colours to that prediction so I can get the credit when it comes to pass. :)

blinding

Was it the facists that denied people their democratic representation ?

It looks like their are more similiarities between ff and fg becoming apparent everyday.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies