• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Sam Lord

I'm not against migrants. I've helped several migrants get set up here. But, I can't say the process helps either Ireland or the countries they come from. Ultimately, it only helps a small Gombeen clique.
So what will happen when Ireland leaves the EU? I'm still waiting to hear your grand plan. Just out of interest like ...

Granballoon

I'm genuinely curious about how you arrived at the above conclusion. My understanding of it is that couch-surfers, squatters and people availing of emergency accommodation, have never been categorized as 'living on the streets.'
Then you'd be wrong. They do in fact spend plenty of their day outdoors that they wouldn't if they were homed. We have thousands homeless. Deal with it. You won't be splitting hairs here dear. And no, I won't re-read my posts three times to find anything you could latch on to and split hairs over. I'll just dismiss your attempts.

It's disingenuous to say the least
Nope.

'hidden homeless'
Who also spend significant periods on the street they would otherwise not be.

It's not my place to speak on anyone's behalf, apart from me and mine, and I'm not an 'Anarchist', by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not your place to tell him not to fight our corner and speak on our behalf.
He's only speaking for him, no clue who 'our' is.

I think you're dealing with people who never got as far as Hyperbole in the dictionary, read a Fake News story somewhere about an unrelated topic and arrived at the conclusion that C-19 was a complete fabrication and an elaborate Hoax from the beginning. The alternative is that they've grasped the concept of a contagious disease from the get-go, and contented themselves with the possibilities of surviving, as asymptomatic carriers...

Well, they were taught that it was ok to have a beer and a picnic in a public park, in the middle of a pandemic, and told that they had herd immunity, by another, so it's hard to blame them for mimicking their betters...
Is this what mental illness looks like. What are you even saying man.

So what will happen when Ireland leaves the EU? I'm still waiting to hear your grand plan. Just out of interest like ...
Uh I certainly hope no one is actually claiming that would be a good or even safe idea...

Catapulta

We make our own decisions

- and we won't be giving away billions of Irish peoples money

- for others to spend...

IRELAND FOR THE IRISH!

Splodge

We make our own decisions

- and we won't be giving away billions of Irish peoples money

- for others to spend...

IRELAND FOR THE IRISH!
FFS. You’ve never worked a day in your life and counting furriners outside shopping centres isn’t work.

muttsnuts

Uh, for a start, they should establish relocation services within the African continent for people in danger of being harmed by their spouse, or LGBT. That would be just off the top of my head.

You know, things like the EU does for European people. What do you think unions exist for? Just lavish dinners every other week?
Oh, i didnt realise that the EU established a relocation service ? I must have missed that.

muttsnuts

Asylum seekers are given rights that can be exploited at practically every level. This is fact. Deal with it.

You seem to think you have some kind of point here, but you... don't. You think this is some kind of gotcha but... it isn't. Of ****ing course it's governance that has written these disastrously vague laws. Just not the Irish government, in this case. Higher up. EU and UN.

What Gemma O'Doherty experiences from the rest of us on a daily basis 100% falls under any definition of persecution. You're hoping here, I can tell, but too bad.

No, not rightly so, you genius. When the conflict is over, it's time to go home and rebuild. Why would it be rightly so? Do you think the island of Ireland is some kind of Tir na Nog or what. Limited space, limited resources ya absolute genius. A problem we're already facing day to day. Maybe not you, maybe you got your house and your little slice but not everyone does.

You have experience in distilled bullshit, you mean. Landlords will avoid renting to HAP recipients because they're ****ing scum, the same reason they drive prices up during a housing crisis, not for any legitimate reason.

Man what are you even on about. Who the hell said anything like this. Put the whipped cream can down man, you're making a show of yourself.

Love the 'every immigrant is a life saving brain surgeon' argument. Explains why they're all chopping up chickens in meat processing plants. And this doesn't even need to be said, but you don't know anything about me hun, sorry you're so upset.
Rights rhat can be exploited?

The Eu dont dictate deportation policy to the government.

Gemma odoherty is not persecuted so as to ground an asylum claim.

Ireland is not tir na nog but you cant force asylum seekers to return. Thats just the way it is. If you want to change it lobby the government.

HAP recipients or landlords are scum? Either way a sweeping and unfair statement.

As a final comment...you are quite an angry racist. Calm down and be less intolerant. It might help you. You keep saying about others being alright and having their slice. You seem angry because you havent gotten your slice. You should talk to someone

Sam Lord

Uh I certainly hope no one is actually claiming that would be a good or even safe idea...
So, if you are in favour of the EU why are you whinging about immigration. Are you schizophrenic ?

Granballoon

So, if you are in favour of the EU why are you whinging about immigration. Are you schizophrenic ?
Because the EU has seriously mishandled the situation? It has already cost us the UK, and Italy is very likely next? The EU's policies on these matters must be corrected and elaborated on to reflect contemporary climates or we risk losing the strength of the Union down the line? Extremism is massively on the rise because we keep telling people their valid concerns are not how moderates are supposed to think? Obviously???? Have you literally not watched a news item in the past ten years??

Oh, i didnt realise that the EU established a relocation service ? I must have missed that.
The EU doesn't have to; we have national efforts for that. The African continent and the states within it however, have quite a few social problems depending on the state, dunno if you've ever come across any details on that, probably not, you don't seem very well informed. Entire nations may in fact not give a singular shit about beaten spouses who are in mortal peril. Ergo, the AU, being a less homogenous body, needs to step up. Not the EU, it has absolutely nothing to do with any part of the EU. You think your pathetic gotchas work, but they do not.They are transparent deflection, grow ze **** up hun.

FFS. You’ve never worked a day in your life and counting furriners outside shopping centres isn’t work.
Splodge LOVES telling people stuff despite knowing nothing about them huh

muttsnuts

The EU doesn't have to; we have national efforts for that. The African continent and the states within it however, have quite a few social problems depending on the state, dunno if you've ever come across any details on that, probably not, you don't seem very well informed. Entire nations may in fact not give a singular shit about beaten spouses who are in mortal peril. Ergo, the AU, being a less homogenous body, needs to step up. Not the EU, it has absolutely nothing to do with any part of the EU. You think your pathetic gotchas work, but they do not.They are transparent deflection, grow ze **** up hun.
So... ireland should not have to take on asylum seekers from Africa because the african union can arrange for relocation services within africa for potential asylum seekers.

The african union has to do it, because there are social problems in individual countries or these countries wont grant asylum? Where does the african union send these people then? Can the african union force these countries to take asylum seekers? Who pays for this?

You claim im not well informed but youre talking waltrr mitty levels of sh**e

Granballoon

So... ireland should not have to take on asylum seekers from Africa because the african union can arrange for relocation services within africa for potential asylum seekers.
Ireland should not need to take asylum seekers from anywhere in the AU for a multitude of reasons. I'm just naming one reason applicants frequently cite.

Where does the african union send these people then?
Other African nations where their spouse isn't, in this particular example, ye absolute genius. They could even relocate to a place with the same native language, food, and culture. Perfect really.

Can the african union force these countries to take asylum seekers? Who pays for this?
The EU 'forces' plenty of its' member states into stuff. The AU pays for this? It's relocation chief, not offshore drilling, and the AU has ridiculous amounts of resources like thriving ports and precious material mines.

You claim im not well informed but youre talking waltrr mitty levels of sh**e
You're not, and you can't even use your imagination, and I'm not talking anything but sense, please take a minute to read over your posts and correct any spelling errors, it affects how seriously I can take you, something I'm already struggling with.

muttsnuts

Ireland should not need to take asylum seekers from anywhere in the AU for a multitude of reasons. I'm just naming one reason applicants frequently cite.

Other African nations where their spouse isn't, in this particular example, ye absolute genius. They could even relocate to a place with the same native language, food, and culture. Perfect really.

The EU 'forces' plenty of its' member states into stuff. The AU pays for this? It's relocation chief, not offshore drilling, and the AU has ridiculous amounts of resources like thriving ports and precious material mines.

You're not, and you can't even use your imagination, and I'm not talking anything but sense, please take a minute to read over your posts and correct any spelling errors, it affects how seriously I can take you, something I'm already struggling with.

Im not too worried about making an effort correcting my spelling for a blatant racist making ridiculous claims about the ability of the african union to resolve all asylum issues in africa.

Granballoon

Im not too worried about making an effort correcting my spelling for a blatant racist
Again with these posts full of just baseless shite. I don't care what colour anyone is, I care about their actions, and in this case, the exploitation of a system put in place to safeguard lives for monetary gain. How does that involve race, you incredible genius. You think you can scare me into silence by calling me an 'ist' but you can't hun.

making ridiculous claims about the ability of the african union to resolve all asylum issues in africa.
Not only not ridiculous, not even outlandish. I'm going to ignore your veiled racist saviour complex suggestion that the AU can't even help its' own people. You may be enough of a racist to think that the AU is some lads in tribal gear in a circle scratching in the dirt, but I assure you, it is quite the organization.

They absolutely have the means. Therefore asylum seekers from the continent of Africa should be helped by the AU, there is no reason for the EU to be involved apart from monetary exploitation. Educate yourself, racist.

Granballoon

Jaysus mutt didn't mean to break you to the point where you can't even muster a post, but must prop yourself up with emojis. This ain't facebook, hun.

Antóin Mac Comháin

Then you'd be wrong. They do in fact spend plenty of their day outdoors that they wouldn't if they were homed. We have thousands homeless.

Who also spend significant periods on the street they would otherwise not be.
OK. That's a very interesting insight. I'll break the question down for you:

...I'm genuinely curious about how you arrived at the above conclusion...
It's pretty pointless repeating yourself, as it doesn't tell us how you arrived at your conclusion. Now, this is what I actually claimed:

My understanding of it is that couch-surfers, squatters and people availing of emergency accommodation, have never been categorized as 'living on the streets.' It's disingenuous to say the least, to take a figure of 150-200 rough sleepers in 2004, which excluded the aforementioned, and albeit beside the point, many more 'hidden homeless', project the figure forward, add it to the current figure of people availing of emergency accommodation, omit losses of social housing units from the equation, ex. 800 via the PPP contractual deal in D8, agreed by the city manager, with an Irish developer, bandy the term immigrant about and then claim that "We have thousands on the streets."
1) Between 2004 and 2020 the number of rough sleepers in Dublin has never exceeded 1-300, since they were first categorized by the Council. Doh!

2) The Council appointed a person to manage the categorization. Doh!

3) The city manager of the same Council agreed terms on their behalf with an Irish development company in a deal in 2004 to build 4,000 housing units, in the Dublin 2-4 area, with 800 of them to replace existing social housing units. Doh!

4) Those 800 social housing units never materialized, and voilá, homeslessness is more pronounced between D2-D4 than anywhere else. Doh!

5) The figures I quoted from 2004-2020 can be verified by the Council, and from the example I gave; the same Council have waiting list records for the same period; Those figures can be contrasted with figures from Charles Street, Óisin House and Merchants Quay, also from the same period. You plank!

...what mental illness looks like...
Your mate on his day out at the anti-mask protest with the poster saying...

...C-19 was a complete fabrication and an elaborate Hoax from the beginning...
Look, don't let me disabuse you of the notion that there are people out there in the big bad world who were they...

...carriers...
Would gladly pass it on, to some people...

Sam Lord

Because the EU has seriously mishandled the situation? It has already cost us the UK, and Italy is very likely next? The EU's policies on these matters must be corrected and elaborated on to reflect contemporary climates or we risk losing the strength of the Union down the line?
Are you for real? You are on here whinging your heart out about immigration into Ireland and when asked about your views on the EU all you have to say is that the "strength of the Union" is being lost! Are you that misinformed that you don't understand that the only open borders Ireland has are with other EU countries and the the majority of immigrants come from the EU?

2016 Census:

Table 1.1 Country of origin of non-Irish nationals resident in Ireland classified by number of persons, 2016

Over 10,000 - the highest category

America
Brazil
France
Germany
India
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Poland
Romania
Spain
UK

Some 75% of those were EU members.

Top 10 non Irish nationalities living in Ireland (2016)

Poland — 122,515
UK — 103,113
Lithuanian — 36,552
Romanian — 29,186
Latvian — 19,933
Brazil – 13,640
Spain — 12,112
Italy — 11,732
France — 11,661
Germany — 11,531

Only one of the ten is non EU.

We understand that you have a problem with non white people coming to Ireland. But don't pose your racist problem as one of immigration. An immigrant is not necessarily a person of a different skin colour. In fact, they are a substantial minority of immigrants.

Catapulta

Are you for real? You are on here whinging your heart out about immigration into Ireland and when asked about your views on the EU all you have to say is that the "strength of the Union" is being lost! Are you that misinformed that you don't understand that the only open borders Ireland has are with other EU countries and the the majority of immigrants come from the EU?

2016 Census:

Table 1.1 Country of origin of non-Irish nationals resident in Ireland classified by number of persons, 2016

Over 10,000 - the highest category

America
Brazil
France
Germany
India
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Poland
Romania
Spain
UK

Some 75% of those were EU members.

Top 10 non Irish nationalities living in Ireland (2016)

Poland — 122,515
UK — 103,113
Lithuanian — 36,552
Romanian — 29,186
Latvian — 19,933
Brazil – 13,640
Spain — 12,112
Italy — 11,732
France — 11,661
Germany — 11,531

Only one of the ten is non EU.

We understand that you have a problem with non white people coming to Ireland. But don't pose your racist problem as one of immigration. An immigrant is not necessarily a person of a different skin colour. In fact, they are a substantial minority of immigrants.
Do you actually live in Ireland?

Most of that UK figure are the offspring of the Irish who emigrated to there

The Poles are closer to 150,000 than 120,000

Polish ambassador to Ireland Marcin ...says the census may not fully reflect the number of Polish people living here temporarily, which the embassy estimates to be about 28,000 higher than reflected in the census.

Aodhan O'Riordan Metro Éireann 1-14 March 2015

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom