Will Brain Crowley run in 2019?

Polybius

Brian Cowley has the worst voting record of any MEP. As far as I'm aware he hasn't voted once since being re-elected as MEP in 2014.

I have sympathy for Brain Crowley due to his serious disability. However it's time for Micheal Martin to show some backbone and tell Crowley he must stand down. It's not fair that the Irish people are not getting adequate representation in Europe. I fear that FF will let the issue slide and help Brian Crowley to run again in 2019.

Last edited:

Vega1447

Brian Cowley has the worst voting record of any MEP. As far as I'm aware he wasn't voted once since being re-elected as MEP in 2014.

I have sympathy for Brain Crowley due to his serious disability. However it's time for Micheal Martin to show some backbone and tell Crowley he must stand down. It's not fair that the Irish people are not getting adequate representation in Europe. I fear that FF will let the issue slide and help Brian Crowley to run again in 2019.
Most people with disabilities are not MEPs.

Catalpast

I thought that if there is a Presidential Election it has to be this year and not 2019?

willow68

Oh please. I wish Mr Crowley personnally the best. But we need new ideas and new thinking.. grow a pair to.defend Irish interests or else retire.

Northsideman

If he did run what would his chances? Slim I would have thought.

Half Nelson

Who?

onlyonpaper

Did Crowley not lose the Fianna Fail whip over joining some grouping or another in the European Parliament against the party wishes. So you would wonder how much control Michael M has over his future.....other than not selecting him to run for party again

Mushroom

I sometimes wonder whether, if Charles Jay Haughey was still with us, he would transfer his legendary description of the Drumcondra Knacker as being "the most cunning, the most devious, the most unprincipled and the greediest member of this great party of ours" to Wheelchair Johnny.

Because whatever sympathy one may have for him on foot of his unfortunate accident when trespassing, there can be little doubt that the Bandon money-grabber fits that description to a T.

DeBanksofDeLee

Brian Cowley has the worst voting record of any MEP. As far as I'm aware he hasn't voted once since being re-elected as MEP in 2014.

If FF dropped Brian Crowley it would be an act of insanity,
Crowley is a massive vote getting in Cork and Munster. He always tops the poll and comes in around 42% miles ahead of FF core vote, everyone gets behind. I can only see him not running if he is in the Aras.

cricket

If FF dropped Brian Crowley it would be an act of insanity,
Crowley is a massive vote getting in Cork and Munster. He always tops the poll and comes in around 42% miles ahead of FF core vote, everyone gets behind. I can only see him not running if he is in the Aras.
My understanding is that he's been in hospital just about continuously since last being elected and will no longer seek office.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies