Will Brain Crowley run in 2019?

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
The voters knew what they were getting.
well did they? he is saying even he didn't,Paschal Sheehy on Twitter: he said he expected to be able to do the operations over the 2014 summer, be recovered in 2 months and be able to travel again. Is that the impression he gave the voters? (I wonder if his doctors were so sure).

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Yes but them 25 surguries were in the 2 years before the EL, and it must have being very hard on his health the campaign in 014, he said that he never stopped working while he was hospitalised, well he had a sub to do tthe work, enjoy his retirement.
he had already had some of those surgeries during his previous term but I think the 20 plus surgeries occurred post his most recent election Paschal Sheehy on Twitter:

Emily Davison

Can you criticize someone if they're in a wheelchair?? :sneaky:

A well-known journalist on R na G couldn't praise him highly enough.... :rolleyes2:

Easy knowing that he wasn't paying his humongous wages..... :wink:
Every so often you let the mask slip.

RTÉ was inundated with well wishers for Brian yesterday. People he didn’t know but who had met him emailing what a lovely man he is.

You’re ‘sneaky’ emoti tells us just why it was you who also posted that the shooting of teenage boys is fine for you. As long as they are Palestinian boys that is.

hollandia

Every so often you let the mask slip.

RTÉ was inundated with well wishers for Brian yesterday. People he didn’t know but who had met him emailing what a lovely man he is.

You’re ‘sneaky’ emoti tells us just why it was you who also posted that the shooting of teenage boys is fine for you. As long as they are Palestinian boys that is.
Brian Crowley may well be a lovely man - and I've often heard it said that he is - however it cannot be denied that he hung on far too long when it was apparent that he couldn't attend parliament sessions - particularly given the nature and threat posed by brexit.

Emily Davison

Brian Crowley may well be a lovely man - and I've often heard it said that he is - however it cannot be denied that he hung on far too long when it was apparent that he couldn't attend parliament sessions - particularly given the nature and threat posed by brexit.
Absolutely agree that he hung on for far too long. I also thought the late Brian Lenihan did the same.

Eoin Coir

Absolutely agree that he hung on for far too long. I also thought the late Brian Lenihan did the same.
the two Brians in fact,but of course the Lenihans always talk about service to the state, not for themselves of course

SuirView

the two Brians in fact,but of course the Lenihans always talk about service to the state, not for themselves of course
The 'Bruton's' can't be badly off thanks to the poor FG'ers!
Think about it.

Catalpast

What the hell could BC have done to stop Brexit?

valamhic

How or why would the advent of Brexit influence his decision to go or stay?

valamhic

Brian Cowley has the worst voting record of any MEP. As far as I'm aware he hasn't voted once since being re-elected as MEP in 2014.

I have sympathy for Brain Crowley due to his serious disability. However it's time for Micheal Martin to show some backbone and tell Crowley he must stand down. It's not fair that the Irish people are not getting adequate representation in Europe. I fear that FF will let the issue slide and help Brian Crowley to run again in 2019.
1) I wonder at what point did he know his disability would not improve.

2) Had he retired earlier Kieran Hartley ( who ran last time with 30K votes) would have been likely to walk into the job by co-option and be the incumbent for this years election. By holding out, BC denied Hartley that opportunity. Now Hartley has to go through the selection process with no guarantee he will get it. BC may not like Hartley getting in, which would explain his delay. Hartley did post on his FB page about his frustration. Although FF, Hartley is a strong opponent of renewable energy. He was threatened with wind farm in Waterford and was part of the resistance. Anti Pylon too

It could be that many FF seniors have stashed the loot into wind energy and are afraid of him. Hartley is a smart fellow and realizes its a scam.

I am banned from starting new threads which explains why I did not start this one.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
1) I wonder at what point did he know his disability would not improve.

2) Had he retired earlier Kieran Hartley ( who ran last time with 30K votes) would have been likely to walk into the job by co-option and be the incumbent for this years election. By holding out, BC denied Hartley that opportunity. Now Hartley has to go through the selection process with no guarantee he will get it. BC may not like Hartley getting in, which would explain his delay. Hartley did post on his FB page about his frustration. Although FF, Hartley is a strong opponent of renewable energy. He was threatened with wind farm in Waterford and was part of the resistance.
That's interesting information if true (always a stretch with your good self). If true, though, Hartley's opposition to renewable energy is a good reason not to select him and, if he's selected, not to vote for him!

hollandia

How or why would the advent of Brexit influence his decision to go or stay?
Because of the role the European Parliament plays in the Brexit process. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp, val.

Eoin Coir

The 'Bruton's' can't be badly off thanks to the poor FG'ers!
Think about it.
We had Paddy Lenihan,then Brian Lenihan,Snr, Mama O Rourke, Brian Lenihan jnr,Conor Lenihan,all serving the state,bate that

The OD

Curious thread title? Inadvertent, I would assume?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies