Will Cowen and Kenny team up on Gimore in a televised debate to expose Labour?

RahenyFG

just thinking about the next election and this talk about a three way debate involving Cowen, Kenny and Gilmore. With public mood against Cowen and Kenny and for Gilmore could Cowen and Kenny team up against Gilmore to expose him for his populist 'say what the people want' attitude and expose Labour's lack of 'real' policy. Cowen and Kenny doing this could swing voters back to their parties and stem the Gilmore Gale

Last edited:

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
just thinking about the next election and this talk about a three way debate involving Cowen, Kenny and Gilmore. With public mood against Cowen and Kenny and for Gilmore could Cowen and Kenny team up against Gilmore to expose him for his populist 'say what the people want' attitude and expose Labour's lack of 'real' policy. Cowen and Kenny doing this could swing voters back to their parties and stem the Gilmore Gale
wow, a bad poll for FG and they start to look to FF for a cuddle!

Kenny siding with Cowen in an inept attempt to "take on" Gilmore? As a likley LP voter, I can only say "bring it on"!

wombat

Kenny siding with Cowen in an inept attempt to "take on" Gilmore? As a likley LP voter, I can only say "bring it on"!
Why does it remind me of being hit with wet fish?:lol:

fool

You know, RahenyFG, if you really believe that Gilmore doesn't have any real policies, why do you think Kenny needs assistance exposing him?
And how on earth od you think anybody alive would benefit from Cowen helping them communicate a point?

RahenyFG

Sure didn't Brown and Cameron team up on Clegg in the UK election's televised debates. That a similar situation to here, Clegg and Gilmore having similarities, leaders of third biggest parties enjoying an unprecedented wave of support. Could well happen. Thing is Gilmore may get sympathy for bully tactics.

fool

Brown and Cameron didn't team up on Clegg. They each tried to cuddle up to him seperately.

RahenyFG

You know, RahenyFG, if you really believe that Gilmore doesn't have any real policies, why do you think Kenny needs assistance exposing him?
And how on earth od you think anybody alive would benefit from Cowen helping them communicate a point?
right now the opposition is at logger heads with each other in a battle to be the largest party in the next government so im sure Kenny wouldn't mind taking advantage of an already sinking ship, ie Cowen, and use him against Gilmore. Cowen as well im sure would be thankful.

wombat

Thing is Gilmore may get sympathy for bully tactics.
He doesn't need sympathy. If you believe the future of the country should be decided in a TV debate, you may as well join Labour now and save yourself the aggravation.

Rocket Man

They would be crazy to do so as it would present him as the only real alternative to this government.

turdsl

David McWilliams says that Brian Lenihans economics are Fantasy land, The facts support him. Brians complete failure must be exposed, the price of our bonds
at the last auction and the calling ofF of the auction for the 2 months prove that, I would bet my shirt they will be called off in January. There is no confidence in Brian Lenihan or the government, This cannot continue.

Last edited:

fool

A friend of mine put it beautifully, "Lenihan is the Michael Bublé of politics. He's singing songs that somebody else wrote and he doesn't understand."

OCicero

Why are we sticking it to Labour? Why not FF, who brought us to this pass?

Odyessus

Sure didn't Brown and Cameron team up on Clegg in the UK election's televised debates. That a similar situation to here, Clegg and Gilmore having similarities, leaders of third biggest parties enjoying an unprecedented wave of support. Could well happen. Thing is Gilmore may get sympathy for bully tactics.

"I agree with Nick" is one thing, but can anyone imagine Cowen saying: "I agree with Enda?"

It doesn't have quite the same ring. :D

wombat

Why are we sticking it to Labour? Why not FF, who brought us to this pass?
Probably because the few FFers who are left have run out of arguments:lol:

RahenyFG

They would be crazy to do so as it would present him as the only real alternative to this government.
that's actually a good point. Kenny, in siding with Cowen against Gilmore, would be seen to be siding with the man who presided over the economic mess both as finance minister and taoiseach. Rather than stem the Gilmore Gale it would help it.

OCicero

Probably because the few FFers who are left have run out of arguments:lol:
FF doesn't do arguments. Can you really imagine the beer bellies at the Galway races tent arguing the toss about the fallacies in their syllogisms? I'd say half of them were too pissed to count the envelopes.

RahenyFG

FG really can't leave it until then - they need to stick it to Labour now. This is a once in a generation political shift and FG are still in civil war mode. Your biggest enemy(at the moment) is Labour.
That's how FG have been treating it. I've noticed press coverage given to high profile Fine Gaelers lately like Leo Varadkar and Alan Shatter, particularly in the pairings crisis, tried to put Labour as FF sympathisers in an attempt to show themselves as the real alternative.

If as expected, the next election produces as Fine Gael-Labour or Labour-Fine Gael government, there is going to be a lot of infighting between both parties.

OCicero

In-fighting can be healthy. They will be watching each other like hawks. Look at the current cosy FF Green arrangement. They're watching each other's backs. Or rather, Greens are watching FF's back. I am just waiting for Gormless to peel off the mask and reveal himself as DeValera's clone: you will be able to knock people down with the feather off a rare species.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies