• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Will Fianna Fail re-open the closed Garda stations?

Honecker

I have a feeling that when FF come back to power they will suddenly realise that these rural Garda stations were unsustainable after all. Then FG will moan about closed rural garda stations when in opposition. Not that the politicians run this country anyways.

Last edited:

tigerben

No , just the ones that will be in ministerial areas if they were closed. Surely people have learnt that oppositional parties say they will reverse cuts and allowances, extend ER departments and Garda station opening hours and reduce politicans allowances and pay and then once there in its all a matter of someone else.

williewatch

LMHO

That Collins is one hell of a fool and must think people are idiots.

I'd love some radio station to get him on air and ask him to repeat that promise.

He probably didn't realise that they know how to use social; media in Ballaghaderreen.

emulator

I have a feeling that when FF come back to power they will suddenly realise that these rural Garda stations were unsustainable after all. Then FG will moan about closing rural garda stations will in opposition. Not that the politicians run this country anyways.
Unfortunately, that's exactly what will happen.... and then they will vote for them again :shock:

flavirostris

yes and they will reverse all the cuts and restore PS salaries to Bertie levels.

eoghanacht

FF will promise everything and anything and some might actually believe them the same way a battered wife believes the husband has changed and will never hit her again, ever!

Spanner Island

I have a feeling that when FF come back to power they will suddenly realise that these rural Garda stations were unsustainable after all. Then FG will moan about closed rural garda stations when in opposition. Not that the politicians run this country anyways.
You're being very presumptuous in thinking they'll ever get near power again... but in the unlikely event that they do I suspect you're right...

They'll promise the sun, moon and the stars and if enough imbeciles vote for them, they'll deliver nothing but misery, hypocrisy, incompetence, cronyism, back tracking and broken promises all wrapped up in a nice parcel of arrogance and contempt for the people...

And all the imbeciles will whinge and moan about the failure of the eFFing traitors to deliver, presumably under the illusion that those who vote for the eFFing traitors have a right to complain about anything... :roll:

flavirostris

I raise you abolishing Property Tax...petunia

That was enough for me to vote for FF & nice Mr. Lynch in 1977. :cool:
FF stroke on property tax is pure 1977.. it was these b@stards that signed up to it and now they're opposing it.

Sad thing is, people are stupid enough to fall for it.

Honecker

You're being very presumptuous in thinking they'll ever get near power again... but in the unlikely event that they do I suspect you're right...

They'll promise the sun, moon and the stars and if enough imbeciles vote for them, they'll deliver nothing but misery, hypocrisy, incompetence, cronyism, back tracking and broken promises all wrapped up in a nice parcel of arrogance and contempt for the people...

And all the imbeciles will whinge and moan about the failure of the eFFing traitors to deliver, presumably under the illusion that those who vote for the eFFing traitors have a right to complain about anything... :roll:
Have you not seen the latest polls? FF are the most popular party in the country again! It only took 2 years for the people to forget.

True Republican

LMHO

That Collins is one hell of a fool and must think people are idiots.

I'd love some radio station to get him on air and ask him to repeat that promise.

He probably didn't realise that they know how to use social; media in Ballaghaderreen.
A substantial minority of the electorate are idiots and they will believe everything Collins comes out with s regards Garda stations. As for reopening garda stations FF will not reopen any garda stations that Shatter closed this year and in 2012. FF are been populist as always when they are in opposition.

True Republican

I raise you abolishing Property Tax...petunia

That was enough for me to vote for FF & nice Mr. Lynch in 1977. :cool:
Chile benefit will be brought back to 2009 levels under FF, the dole will be brought bck to 2009 levels, the OAP will be increased to €330 under a FF government.

Expect to see populist rubbish like that coming out from FF in the next general election campaign.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Saw this on twitter earlier where Niall Collins is being quoted as saying FF will re-open the closed Garda Stations.....
Shur is'nt that how it's done...before an election, said the rabbitte.

Eoin Coir

The guards closed the station themselves, did not live locally, and 88% of them were just one man stations.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies