Will Harney resign over Ombudsmans Nursing home report?

B

birthday

Press Releases, Office of the Ombudsman
Todays report from the Ombudsman makes some reading.
If Harney brazens this out what does this say about our political system?
On past performance she probably will.
One must now expect that several heads will roll (sackings) amongst senior officials in Dept of Health over this issue when new govt arrives next year as civil servants cannot break the law unless they can prove that the relevant minister instructed them to do so.

jimmyfour

Press Releases, Office of the Ombudsman
Todays report from the Ombudsman makes some reading.
If Harney brazens this out what does this say about our political system?
On past performance she probably will.
One must now expect that several heads will roll (sackings) amongst senior officials in Dept of Health over this issue when new govt arrives next year as civil servants cannot break the law unless they can prove that the relevant minister instructed them to do so.
Eh, lets see: our politicial system which allows people who are unelected like Harney get vote transfers and even with political party collapse, a hundred previous healthcare minsterial-level outright failures, she remains.

We
1) don't have a democratic politicial system so
2) no she won't resign as she is in the oligarghy of the state (petty and small-minded as it is, it's still unaccountable and non-removable)

hellsbells

Eh No

Mondo

A big fat NO to the question posed.
Resign.

Ridiculous.

Everyone knows Mary knows can't be held responsible for her actions, she suffers short, medium and long-term memory loss?

Last edited:

neiphin

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

that pig has the thickest neck in ireland
and no sence of shame

Threadser

Doubt Harney will resign, but am delighted that the scandalous situation in relation to funding for nursing home care is finally being highlighted. Some families faced bills of up to €50,000 euro a year to pay for care that should have been provided by the state. The subvention system was inconsistent, unfair and inequitable. I hope some financial compensation is now provided for those families who faced such enormous difficulties funding the cost of care for their loved ones.

anfieldabff

Wiil she F----k

Madam has had more reasons to resign than I have had hot dinners.
The fact that she is responsible for setting up the HSE is argument enough, but she along with Charlie Mc Creevy and the rest of the FF bozo's brought about the conditions that put the property boom out of control and therefore bears considerable blame for our current mess.
The only reason she is left in her current position has been the cowardice of FF to take the position.
I would include her with Biffo, Lenny, and Bertie has the chief architects of the bankruptcy of our state.
But once again she will be protected by her army of spin doctors, the governmnet and the media.

uriah

No. She will probably cut the funding to the ombudsman's office, starving it of funds so that the ombudsman will be unable to carry out the functions of the office, and the ombudsman will be forced to resign.

I'd bet some of my fast-dwindling savings on it.

controller

It is the responsibility of the HSE, she will get a report in the far distant future, but in the meantime cannot comment as it might be prejudicial to the report. So a big fat NO

Lord Wellington

"Will Harney resign over Ombudsmans Nursing home report?"

She would rather see Russia, Germany, China and Great Britain invade the country first.

B

birthday

A consensus seems to have developed that Harney will just brush this aside.
It appears that her sole positive achievement in her political career will have been in the area of smokey coal 20 years ago!
Better not get into rhyming slang.

Grumpy Jack

Eh, lets see: our politicial system which allows people who are unelected like Harney get vote transfers and even with political party collapse, a hundred previous healthcare minsterial-level outright failures, she remains.

We
1) don't have a democratic politicial system so
2) no she won't resign as she is in the oligarghy of the state (petty and small-minded as it is, it's still unaccountable and non-removable)
Mary Harney was elected by the people of Dublin Mid West in 2007.

She has been consistently re-elected to Dail Eireann by the people of southwest Dublin since 1981.

She was appointed Minister for Health by the Taoiseach in whose gift alone the office is.

If he was so inclined, the Taoiseach could fire Harney tonight and appoint Jackie Healy-Rae Minister for Health.

Harney was elected to the Dail in line with Bunreacht na hEireann and appointed Minister under the terms of the same document.

She has as much right to be Minister of Health has every other TD in the Dail.

Trying reading and understanding Bunreacht na hEireann before spouting sh1te on here.

Ruaidhri

Considering she hasn't resigned despite god knows how many scandals I doubt that she will resign now.

Rural

She will Yeeahhh!! In her big fat...... As long as her cronies/family are alright, who cares, not Mary anyway. I spent 11 hours in A&E earlier this year (I had gone to my GP first as you're supposed to & he suggested an x-ray), people were suffering all around me, it was like a third world country.

We had to use A&E about 9 years ago when our son broke a limb playing hurling, it was perfect, there was nothing wrong with it, OK a few hours wait, but the thing was organised, the staff seemed happy & everyone knew where they stood.

Now it's bedlam.

Get her out of Government (never heard of an Independent getting a senior ministerial post before in my life), are they all scared of her or what?

New Threads

Most Replies