• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Will Michelle Bachmann run as VP or will she aim higher

mryoungdan

I have been dwelling on Bachmann for some time and I am intrigued by this appearance on the 25th.

Paul, Bachmann to speak at student town hall at U | StarTribune.com

This is the day of the hearings on the Federal Reserve Audit Bill. This is a very important bill and over 100 democrats are supporting Ron Paul and have co-sponsored.

However Paul is jetting out to Minnesota later to appear at a town hall function with Bachmann.

I suspect that Paul will have her as a running mate for 2012. That was a mistake he made last time, he should have said who he would have with him in the event he was successfull. All candidates should imo.

Perhaps though she would run on her own and name Paul as Treasury secretary. This would be a smart move as Paul lost a lot of republican votes because of his stance on the wars.

McCain got 8.5 million votes to get the nomination. The 1.3 million who voted for Paul will surely vote his choice. His stature has increased since then and might be good for 3 or 4 million now.

The republican field will be none too strong. Romney, Huckabee, Palin, Pawlenty, jindal and who knows who else. All weak.

The only strong candidates imo would be deMint and Vittar

The campaign will start in earnest next November but the groundword is in swing soon

Captain Con O'Sullivan

Thanks mryoungdan for this post. Ron Paul seems to have become a lightning rod around which dissatisfaction with Gore Vidal's 'one party, two wings' is coalescing. There does seem to be a powerful groundswell around him if slightly different to the internet based tsunami that swept Obama to power.

I think it'll be interesting to see whether there will be any correlation between the Obama bubble deflating and an increase therefore in the alternative like Ron Paul for the next election.

Its possible...

mryoungdan

An interesting thing to watch today will be a teaparty type effort organised for DC. It is sponsered by about 15 different groups.

There has been nothing in the media about it but some people expect thousands to show up.

I see a report that Obama is going to use a procedure of tying the health care bill to budget(I think) bill to get it through on 51 votes thereby avoiding a fillebuster. There will be a backlash.

I am looking forward to the senate race in Massachusetts on Jan 20.

Captain Con O'Sullivan

I agree from what I've read so far that it is interesting to see how pragmatic Obama is prepared to be, particularly around his flagship legislation on health care.

I know he is working off his 'what would Lincoln do?' philosophy and he is perhaps wise in getting the most politically dangerous bill of his domestic agenda out of the stocks while his popularity is still in the honeymoon stage.

He signalled the Lincoln template for his Presidency with the appointment of a multi party cabinet which Lincoln also did on the basis of keeping dangerous big guns on board and his capture of Hilary was very Lincolnesque I think for easing tensions within his own party.

We'll see. Massachusetts I'm going to have to read into... any surprises on the cards there? I thought last year Caroline Kennedy was becoming active but she blew her Gubernatorial bid in New York I think and has retreated into the woodwork.

Whats you reading of the mood in Massachusetts at the moment as you are following it?

Kensington

There is no way that Ron Paul will pick her. The fact that he is speaking with her demonstrates that he is not stable. What is he thinking?!

The internet hate Michele Bachmann and the internet is about all that Paul has got going for him. She is less intelligent than palin and that is saying something. He is deliberately trying to embarass himself?

Young Ned

Aim higher than what, her foot? That's usually what she shoots when she opens her mouth.

mryoungdan

There is no way that Ron Paul will pick her. The fact that he is speaking with her demonstrates that he is not stable. What is he thinking?!

The internet hate Michele Bachmann and the internet is about all that Paul has got going for him. She is less intelligent than palin and that is saying something. He is deliberately trying to embarass himself?
What a surprise, you don't like Bachmann. Even though she wants to get rid of the Fed like you spend your time here ranting about.

Instead you like Obama who gave the banks trillions. Do you not feel a bit confused

USER1234

Shes beloved by the very right wing but hated by everybody else, putting her on a ticket would be suicide!!!!

mryoungdan

The bottom line is that Paul is making an overt show that she is a Paulite. They are of one mind. This is 2 million primary votes at a minimum.

If Paul does not run she appears to be the Paulite candidate

Kensington

What a surprise, you don't like Bachmann. Even though she wants to get rid of the Fed like you spend your time here ranting about.
Bachmann is worse than Sarah Palin. She is an imbecile and would never, ever get elected. She is also hated by Ron Paul's internet fanboys.

He has been found to be racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, irrational. He is probably being honest in who he's keeping company with, to be fair to him.

Ron Paul is gone. He had his fifteen minutes. Now, hopefully, Dennis Kucinich will get the attention he deserves.

I do not want to abolish the Federal Reserve. I want to make it stronger and more democratic.

mryoungdan

Who can take you seriousely. Kucinich co-sponsored Paul's Federal Reserve Bill.

Consider sticking to discussing Irish politics

Kensington

Kucinich co-sponsored Paul's Federal Reserve Bill.
I'm sure i don't need to tell you this, but Kucinich's ideas are very, very different to Paul's.

Consider sticking to discussing Irish politics
You are correct. I would not have had the knowledge to predict that the world would collapse in August. That was incredibly brave of you.

mryoungdan

I predicted the world would change in August and we can clearly see that it has.

Did Kucinich cosponsor Paul's Bill or not.

Like every kid shown to be a fool you will keep digging

Kensington

I predicted the world would change in August and we can clearly see that it has.
Clealry we can see that the world changes every month. August happened to be one of the quieter ones. I'm sure your next prediction will prove to be better. Don't get too despondent.

Did Kucinich cosponsor Paul's Bill or not.
Yes he did. Kucinich's monetary reform proposal is completely different to Paul's. Kucinich is in line with Franklin, Jefferson, jackson, Lincoln. Paul is just a kook.

mryoungdan

I agree from what I've read so far that it is interesting to see how pragmatic Obama is prepared to be, particularly around his flagship legislation on health care.

I know he is working off his 'what would Lincoln do?' philosophy and he is perhaps wise in getting the most politically dangerous bill of his domestic agenda out of the stocks while his popularity is still in the honeymoon stage.

He signalled the Lincoln template for his Presidency with the appointment of a multi party cabinet which Lincoln also did on the basis of keeping dangerous big guns on board and his capture of Hilary was very Lincolnesque I think for easing tensions within his own party.

We'll see. Massachusetts I'm going to have to read into... any surprises on the cards there? I thought last year Caroline Kennedy was becoming active but she blew her Gubernatorial bid in New York I think and has retreated into the woodwork.

Whats you reading of the mood in Massachusetts at the moment as you are following it?

The size of the protest will be a shock to many.

Massachusetts is very interesting.

Joe Kennedy who I would support has decided not to run. The story is that Capueona will run and Joe's son will then win easily his vacated house seat. Only problem is Capuono hasn't a hope imo.

Stephen Lynch is running. He is an ex ironworker congressman and the other day he was not let speak before a big union meeting. The shaft is in for him but I think he is the man.

Martha Coackley is leading in the polls but the word is the Kennedys will shaft her because she was running before Ted had done the decent thing and died.

Ed Markey the cap and trade fool unfortunately is not running. Real dummy. In the 80s a reporter asked him whether the US supported the Contras or the sandinistas and he did not know.

Congressman Tierney is also likely to run

One congressional district is being lost through redistricting so that is a spur.

Schilling appears to have little support on the republican side. The wildcard is Christy Mihos who ran as an independent in 06 for governor and got 7%. If he goes as a republican he has a decent chance

Tim Cahill the treasurer left the dems recently to run against the governor next year. He should instead run as an independent here

There is sure to be bad blood on the democrat side and a decent republican could win

mryoungdan

Well the joint town hall style meeting seems to have been a great success. 2000 people by the lowball media, 5000 by those there.

What I draw from it is the strong effort by Bachmann to portray herself as his tanaste. Her applause is a bit over the top at times. Things are definately to her advantage. Needless to say there is already a strong well funded challenge from the establishment to her with 13 months to the Nov election.

To those who say she is an imbecile, I say ye will be dissappointed because on the issue discussed she is well capable of presenting her point of view.That point of view is gaining in popularity.
Here is the questions and answers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKN_JDMuKwU"]YouTube - Part 8 Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann at University of Minnesota[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFGouFF5fSI"]YouTube - Part 9 Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann at University of Minnesota[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOeQsECz00"]YouTube - Part 10 Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann at University of Minnesota[/ame]

My hope is that after the nov 2010 election that the Paulites will join the Constitution Party if they can not gain control of the Republican Party.

Some democrats might opt for it as well. Alan Grayson being a prime example.

Whatever happens, there will be an attempt by Bachmann to nudge Palin from the libertarian role that Palin is positioning for

bprob

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let bachmann run on the 2012 ticket, either as vp or presidential candidate.:D:D

it would be a bloodbath for the republicans