Will Terminal 2 be a Security Nightmare for Travellers ?

Abacus

Will the new Terminal 2 be a security nightmare for travelers entering and leaving Ireland ?
What can we expect that's new ? Like, will there be dogs patrolling and are the Gardai finally going to take over the place to deal with the security or how will the public be assured that they will be protected there ?

Grumpy Jack

Will the new Terminal 2 be a security nightmare for travelers entering and leaving Ireland ?
What can we expect that's new ? Like, will there be dogs patrolling and are the Gardai finally going to take over the place to deal with the security or how will the public be assured that they will be protected there ?
Why should it be?

Is Terminal 1?

Why do you expect Terminal 2 to be any different?

Sync

Sure it will. I mean there's no evidence to suggest it will be, but why the hell shouldn't we engage in mindless hyperbole before the thing is even open? I think it's going to be worse that the gulags in the 50s.

Grumpy Jack

Sure it will. I mean there's no evidence to suggest it will be, but why the hell shouldn't we engage in mindless hyperbole before the thing is even open? I think it's going to be worse that the gulags in the 50s.
You're so right. Here's a sneak preview of the new security in Terminal 2.

Last edited:

alonso

Bullsh1t Sync, it'll be more like Auschwitz.

(silly silly thread and you treated it with the respect it deserves)

stanley

It will be a nightmare, Donie Cassidy and the DAA have to make up their money from somewhere and arrival 3 hours before a flight would make a good start.

Will the new Terminal 2 be a security nightmare for travelers entering and leaving Ireland ??
I think it a bit unfair to once again assume that just because travelllers have a bit of a reputation that the new terminal at the airport wil be a security nightmare for them. I'm sure they will not be stupid enough to carry their traditional weaponry with them, like tyre irons and bits of railings.

MsAnneThrope

It will be a nightmare, Donie Cassidy and the DAA have to make up their money from somewhere and arrival 3 hours before a flight would make a good start.
*SPECIAL OFFER*

"Buy 2 drinks (€10 minimum) and get priority luggage handling"

The OD

Airport security are morons. I was asked earlier in the year to remove my boots, which I promptly did with a smile. The fat security guy (who looked like he seriously needed a cholesterol check his gut was that big) then proceeded to ask me if I had a problem with that, to which, smiling, I said not in the least and was there anything else I could assist him with. He said I had an attitude problem, I refrained from mentioning that he had an eating/drinking problem and said not in the least. When he was satisfied he wasnt going to get a rise out of me, he said I could go. I told him to have a lovely day and thanks for all his help. He wasnt best pleased, probably suffers with erectile dysfunction. That or he just cant hold his gut high enought to access his equipment......idiot.

johnfás

Perhaps they will be so good as to actually uphold the Common Travel Area as all UK airports do and give us a separate channel when we arrive back into Dublin airport having visited the UK.

cozzy121

No Gardai at Dublin Airport doing the job you state above..
There are of course Airport Police

The Airport Police Service (Irish: Póilíní an t-Aerfort) has the responsibility of providing general policing and aviation security duties at three state airports in the Republic of Ireland including Dublin Airport, Cork Airport and Shannon Airport. The Airport Police service was first founded in 1936 in Dublin Airport and became 'Authorised Officers' under section 15 of the Air Navigation and Transport Act 1950 for the Minister of Transport. The Airport Police is operated by the Dublin Airport Authority, and the Airport Police officers are not to be confused with the Garda Síochána (The Irish national police force).

The Airport Police has the powers to stop, search, (including both persons and vehicles) detain and or remove from the aerodrome, and if required arrest on the ministers land - the aerodome, aeroplane, runway, car park, etc - which includes any land or property owned, leased or operated by the Dublin Airport Authority or Minister for transport. Under Section 33 of the Air Navigation and Transport Act 1988, they can arrest persons in connection with offences under that Act or other legislations such as Airport bye-laws or State Airports Act 2004, although they are then required to hand them over to Garda Síochána to be processed via the Director of Public Prosecutions.
The Gardai that are there are for customs and immigration purposes.

Grumpy Jack

No Gardai at Dublin Airport doing the job you state above..
There are of course Airport Police

The Gardai that are there are for customs and immigration purposes.
And armed response. You would be surprised at how many armed cops would suddenly appear if there was an incident at the airport.

They are there but are very, very discreet.

Superindigoman

With this terminal FF got something right, finished and open just in time for the flood of emigrants leaving the country, job well done

new jewell

How ready is it, last night during a power cut,emergency generators never kicked in causing all sorts of problems just lucky it was'nt during a busy period.A friend of mine said he was stusk in a car park as electrical barriers would't rise and not a spark in sight.

DCon

Did Donie "win" the "tender" for services at T2?

Nobber Man

None of the Travellers around Nobber are pushed about this, Boss. They'll just park the Hiace in the long term car park and take the shuttle bus. As per usual.

Abacus

Back to the OP. I notice just today that the guys doing the searching don't seem to be Airport Police as they have different uniforms. So are they police or not ? At least you would know that the Airport Police are real police because it says so on their uniforms but who are these other people who do the bodily patting down, etc ? If I take exception to one of them touching my private parts and resist him/her, can I be arrested by them ? I'm not keen on that whole idea. Can the women search a man ? or what happens there?

Will they look under Donie's tea cozy ? Surely that's a protected area ?

Grumpy Jack

Back to the OP. I notice just today that the guys doing the searching don't seem to be Airport Police as they have different uniforms. So are they police or not ? At least you would know that the Airport Police are real police because it says so on their uniforms but who are these other people who do the bodily patting down, etc ? If I take exception to one of them touching my private parts and resist him/her, can I be arrested by them ? I'm not keen on that whole idea. Can the women search a man ? or what happens there?

Will they look under Donie's tea cozy ? Surely that's a protected area ?
The people who do the searches are security personnel.

They are not Airport Police. There is a very big difference.

Have you ever travelled through Dublin Airport before?

stanley

Rumour has it he got the usual nod nod wink wink as he was the only "contestant" hold on - must be a better word, no word yet on the record shops as he shut down a couple at T1.

Wonder how many other units he is in, perhaps on deals like he has on the bars, you know like - no downside for him.

hammer

Terminal 2

Am I right in saying the very day the IMF arrive in Ireland BIFFO will officially open T2 at Dublin Airport :)

Will they IMF use T1 or T2 when they land :)

They will only arrive in the country and they will see the first white elephant, costing €1 billion :(

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies