Will The Early GE Scupper 'President' Michael D's Chances Of Becomming Just That?

SlickWilly

Even if it's as far out as after St Paddy's day as Biffo wants, by November the honeymoon for the incomming coalition will be well and truly over! We can see it all now the excuses of the IMF-ECB straightjacket deal hampering them and the OMG we didn't realise how bad it was until we saw it for ourselves, will be trotted out goodoh!
While, I would love a Mickey Gee up in the Aras, I think it will unfortunately be Ironside and it will be hailed as the start of an Eff Eff revival. BTW I was completely disgusted by the love in interview the Eff Eff steeped Tubridy did recently with Ironside, it was just start of having condoms brought out - hey in the privacy of your own homes boys!

SlickWilly

Well the current incumbent is certainly trying to work it like that - disgracefully!

redhead101

We can see it all now the excuses of the IMF-ECB straightjacket deal hampering them and the OMG we didn't realise how bad it was until we saw it for ourselves, will be trotted out goodoh!
Labour already know how much damage Fianna Fail have inflicted on the economy, and they make no bones about the fact that the years ahead are going to be particularly painful. The "we didn't realise how bad it was" defence is not one that will be relied on.

On the substantive issue of the presidential election, I wouldn't rule out an agreed candidate.

Q-Tours

Michael D has the most braying, irritating whine of a voice I've ever heard, bar only Tarquin O'Foole. I know almost nothing of the man's politics, so this is based entirely on prejudice and the most profoundly shallow reasoning possible, but there it is.

The idea of setting that nasal drone off in the Áras is more than I can take. Jesus, any chance we could elect Dustin instead?

NFD100

I agree. An agreed candidate is the best option. Next year will have enough going on without a presidential election as well. There should be an agreed candidate while a new constitution is drawn up. Either that or McAleese asked to stay on for a litle while longer.

SlickWilly

Q - tours,
I find his tone and his views most acceptable, perhaps you would like president Mary Byrne with her vast massively oversized Ass!

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I agree Crowley (and please drop the disability-related nicknames) will be well placed, after a few months of FG-Lab rule.
Norris was never getting it. Not sure about Michael D.

redhead101

I agree Crowley (and please drop the disability-related nicknames) will be well placed, after a few months of FG-Lab rule.
Norris was never getting it. Not sure about Michael D.
Who is Crowley, and what would he be well placed for?

jacko

Michael D now has no chance

The new government will nominate an agreed candidate and it will be David Norris

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Michael D now has no chance

The new government will nominate an agreed candidate and it will be David Norris
How on Earth do you make that out?
Why would Labour support Norris over Higgins? Who else do they need to please: FF and SF.
Norris too gay for FF and too plummy for the shinners.
Am I missing something?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Wait a thought has just occurred to me:
How many TDs are needed to nominate a presidential candidate?
Will FF have enough TDs?

SlickWilly

I cannot see there being an agreed candidate even with the coalition being in the post honeymoon blues, so no Emily, no dentist and no Nobby without a fight. Mickey Ge played it very cute in not contesting 2004, probably figuring the loyalist lover's wife was a shoe in! However as the declared Labour candidate, he will be really gagging to get up to the Aras this time and fair effs to him!

SlickWilly

How Long Will The Honeymoon Last?

I see on the advertising banner for one bookie on this site, he's still 5/2 favourite with the likes of 'Nobby' comming on strong behind! However once the honeymoon is over with eg an early budget, unseemly party arguing or further humiliation from their European masters than Michael won't get to the Aras!
Rem the current cuts/tax increases are based on unattainable growth levels!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies