Will the IMF decide what state assets are sold?

Holy Cow

Something thats flying under the radar regarding the bailout deal, is the fact that the IMF have said that any cash raised from the sale of state assets must be used to pay off the national debt.

So, do the EU/IMF decide what assets get sold first?

Will the ESB be sold to German pension funds and bondholders ?

corporal punishment

Maybe we could sell whats left of our national heritage in the national museum to the british museum. Be a nice way for them to complete the collection.

Holy Cow

Did the Germans manage to get one of the Greek holiday islands as part of the Greek bailout?

True Republican

All semi state companies should be privatised as well as the hospitals.

stanley

Whoever would buy the ESB, they will need a clause saying it is illegal for them to go on strike, then turn around and wipe out McManus's package of 750k to an acceptable level of say 150k, in turn knocking down all the management salaries that are "benchmarked" against him.
Then get stuck into all the operatives, these guys have been overpaid for many many years with their scare strike tactics, time to sort it out.

From there onto the panto that is the DAA and Declan Collier on 500k package, dish out the same medicine and make the operation transparent where a FF insider, Donie Cassidy, cannot operate as he does.

Feel free to add.............

neiphin

All semi state companies should be privatised as well as the hospitals.
and the tara broach , the book of kells, the ardagh chalice , the cross of cong, mineral rights between tara and slane , and the rights to emmets epitaph

true republican , my bollox

True Republican

and the tara broach , the book of kells, the ardagh chalice , the cross of cong, mineral rights between tara and slane , and the rights to emmets epitaph

true republican , my bollox
I wasn't referring to historical documents and you know dam well I wasn't referring to historical documents.

Are you still in FF you should be ashamed of yourself for still been a member of a party who has handed over our economic sovereignty to the EU/IMF, bunch of scumbags.

NotDumbOrCrazy

Call me paranoid, but the fact that we have been given a bail out we cannot afford suggests to me that

a) the people giving us the money are incompetent, or
b) they know we can't afford it, so it's just a stopgap to buy some time, or
c) they know we can't afford it, and intend to use this as an excuse to take control of our state assets, etc.

If the answer is c, what can they get? ESB, Born na Mona, Aer Lingus...?

neiphin

W
Then get stuck into all the operatives, these guys have been overpaid for many many years with their scare strike tactics, time to sort it out.

when did you have no electricity due to a strike ?

my mother used to give out to me for knocking the church , she said that they were an easy target
its the same with you and the public service

stanley

when did you have no electricity due to a strike ?

my mother used to give out to me for knocking the church , she said that they were an easy target
its the same with you and the public service

Long time ago these guys use to strike and thereon no leccy, they got cleverer and used the big stick of strike, every FF Govt gave into them and allowed to grow into what they are now, approx 2 /3 times what their opposites in the UK are on, privatised.

True Republican

Whoever would buy the ESB, they will need a clause saying it is illegal for them to go on strike, then turn around and wipe out McManus's package of 750k to an acceptable level of say 150k, in turn knocking down all the management salaries that are "benchmarked" against him.

From there onto the panto that is the DAA and Declan Collier on 500k package, dish out the same medicine and make the operation transparent where a FF insider, Donie Cassidy, cannot operate as he does.

Apparently there's a surplus of electricians/engineers in central and Eastern Europe at the moment if Devoy decides to lead his crew out on strike, the government should import thousands of Eastern European and more hard working electricians/ engineers to cover any strike action on 50% less pay. Problem resolved and Devoy would be humiliated, stage a lock out of ESB workers and call in the army and force these overpaid, pampered ESB militants back to work.

True Republican

1) They tend to be more efficiently run.
2) They would get rid of overstaffing and alsothe public sector doesn;t have a clue how to run business.

neiphin

I wasn't referring to historical documents and you know dam well I wasn't referring to historical documents.
how much does the esb pay the state in dividends ?

the krauts would surely pay big money to have newgrange

PoliticsDad

Will Mick O'Leary finally get his hands on the Government's remaining stake in Aer Lingus?

True Republican

1) Like banks?
2) Like banks?
You know dam weel I'm not referring to banks, get real. Statism doesn't work and has never worked.

True Republican

Will Mick O'Leary finally get his hands on the Government's remaining stake in Aer Lingus?
I hope so and let him go to war on the unions especially the IMPACT cabin crew who are moaning about having to do overtime at the moment.

Hogwash

1) They tend to be more efficiently run.
2) They would get rid of overstaffing and alsothe public sector doesn;t have a clue how to run business.
What about the example of Eircom? Money taken out by successive private owners and very little investment in modern telecommunications.

neiphin

I hope so and let him go to war on the unions especially the IMPACT cabin crew who are moaning about having to do overtime at the moment.
i see,
your problem really is with the unions
i take it you dont have a job at the moment, and really its that little green monster thing in your little head

Popular Threads

Most Replies