• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Will the sky fall in?

BloggerBob

If the development of personal equipment technology such as phones stopped today, would the sky fall in? Some might think it would. Do we really need always on internet, do we need phones that do everything except do what they were originally designed to do - make voice calls. Do we need 'apps' that allow us switch on our ovens from the top of mountains and make tea for us in the morning. Do we really need a technology that enables us to tell the world in 140 characters what we had for lunch. We have it but would the world stop if we didn't

D

Dylan2010

will the Google Sky Maps app let me know if the sky is falling?

mary_queen_of_the_gael

Try working in a modern office when the Internet is down. Check out the mutts texting or G4 ing as they jaywalk. Check out the cyclists with their music eared in. Check out the number of Internet dating sites, Internet scams and there are more Internet sites than human beings on planet earth.

The military complex needs more technology so Israel and the USA will feel safe,. That will mean more video games, more applications, more dual function uses.
Sport is now a spectator past time. People eat more and get fatter and food has lost its nutritional value as mass cheap production there is the norm.
The Labour Party and Charlie McCreevy types continue their campaign to smash up the family unit by indoctrinating women that they must work to be fulfilled. The result is smaller, fatter unsupervised children who get their kicks on line.

Will the sky fall in? Probably not but it would be an improvement. Maybe mad max was right.

Asparagus

If the development of personal equipment technology such as phones stopped today, would the sky fall in? Some might think it would. Do we really need always on internet, do we need phones that do everything except do what they were originally designed to do - make voice calls. Do we need 'apps' that allow us switch on our ovens from the top of mountains and make tea for us in the morning. Do we really need a technology that enables us to tell the world in 140 characters what we had for lunch. We have it but would the world stop if we didn't
Yes. Sky and other TV broadcasters would fall.
They need to develop new products to keep up with consumer demands.

Asparagus

Try working in a modern office when the Internet is down. Check out the mutts texting or G4 ing as they jaywalk. Check out the cyclists with their music eared in. Check out the number of Internet dating sites, Internet scams and there are more Internet sites than human beings on planet earth.

The military complex needs more technology so Israel and the USA will feel safe,. That will mean more video games, more applications, more dual function uses.
Sport is now a spectator past time. People eat more and get fatter and food has lost its nutritional value as mass cheap production there is the norm.
The Labour Party and Charlie McCreevy types continue their campaign to smash up the family unit by indoctrinating women that they must work to be fulfilled. The result is smaller, fatter unsupervised children who get their kicks on line.

Will the sky fall in? Probably not but it would be an improvement. Maybe mad max was right.
I love that p.ie makes me feel comparitively "not paranoid".

Aindriu

Have you never heard the old adage, "What you have never had you don't miss but what you have you miss terribly when you have it no more"?

farnaby

Given that most of the good economic news generated in this country comes from companies in in the technology/internet/social media sector, some skyfall activity could indeed occur if everyone were to give up on constant connectivity.

On the other hand it is all leading to deeper alienation, shallower relationships, superficiality, hollowed-out media etc. Now if there was an app that could give me meditative serenity and the sense of oneness with the universe (i.e. the opposite of what new tech makes us feel), if only for 5mins a day, all would be forgiven...

Casablanca

This is a subject that I have(for me) particularly strong views on. In my opinion, Skyfall is a good thing and has really relaunched the Bond brand whilst being an enjoyable stand-alone film.

There, I've said it.

Asparagus

Everything. petunia
Everything includes the lies which offset the truth.
Our only hope is misdirection, the same misdirection the industrial complex, their political puppets and corperate warmongers use to control us.

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
We don't need roads either.

statsman

Everything includes the lies which offset the truth.
Our only hope is misdirection, the same misdirection the industrial complex, their political puppets and corperate warmongers use to control us.
Careful, they're listening as we type. I can see the cables everywhere. Or are they snakes?

Asparagus

This is a subject that I have(for me) particularly strong views on. In my opinion, Skyfall is a good thing and has really relaunched the Bond brand whilst being an enjoyable stand-alone film.

There, I've said it.
You didn't baulk at the Bond Villian's relegation from Meglomaniac to Psychopath. Or the inefficiency of Q, or the death of M.

Asparagus

Careful, they're listening as we type. I can see the cables everywhere. Or are they snakes?
The cables are inside the snakes - the serpents are an outer shell protecting the listening devices.
If you know th ecode you can crack this

kisahdflkbsakjdbv9 ikjmspafjlosa0 idjasoifjo;asjf99

There i have said it.

statsman

The cables are inside the snakes - the serpents are an outer shell protecting the listening devices.
If you know th ecode you can crack this

kisahdflkbsakjdbv9 ikjmspafjlosa0 idjasoifjo;asjf99

There i have said it.
At last; someone who understands.