• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Will there be a job in Glasgow for Sean Gallagher?

GDPR

Glasgow has just won a £24m UK government grant to help make it a "smart city".
BBC News - Glasgow wins 'smart city' government cash

Seanie knows all about government grants and rewiring houses, so Glasgow seems to be an ideal place for him to be. He may even be able to rewire community services, thus extending his expertise.

In Glasgow it's likely he'll be away from the temptations of picking up brown envelopes for FF and for standing again as an "independent" candidate for the Irish Presidency.

And he'll be just down the road to Bloke's Bloke. Cork is really too far away from Birmingham.

What's not to like?

harshreality

I don't even know where to begin!

Am I supposed to slag off Sean Gallagher or Glasgow being a smart city?

Too much to choose from ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:shock:

GDPR

This is about a possible opportunity for Seanie. Remember he had a company called "Smart Homes" which, using a whole bunch of government grants, he "smartly" wired up for computers and phones etc. Most of his profits came from the government grants.

You can slag off Glasgow if you want.

harshreality

This is about a possible opportunity for Seanie. Remember he had a company called "Smart Homes" which, using a whole bunch of government grants, he "smartly" wired up for computers and phones etc. Most of his profits came from the government grants.

You can slag off Glasgow if you want.
Is twitter not the place to slag off Seanie?

harshreality

Legend has it that Machu Picchu was a smart city right up until Seanie got involved:lol:

elliebee

Best not to slag at all. Scotland is well able to reinvent itself when needed - they'd never in a million years sink so low.

flavirostris

FF would have to be in power in Holyrood for 5G to go there. Besides I suspect they already have enough baldies with no neck walking the streets in Glasgow.

stanley

FF would have to be in power in Holyrood for 5G to go there. Besides I suspect they already have enough baldies with no neck walking the streets in Glasgow.

5G should hook up with Kebabs in Moscow or perhaps Mehole is concerned about having all the brains trust in the one place, never happened before, the Russians have a way with "smart" people, would think Kebabs is on the plss most of the time, all he has to do is make a few calls a day, would also suit the bagman.

Last edited:

stanley

Page not Found | Irish Examiner

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/gallagher-relocates-to-plug-into-corks-entrepreneurial-ecosystem-221105.html

Well fup me, there must be a lot of GAA clubs looking for loans and grants for this financial guru to be moving to Cork, when you view the link he is still fooling Chambers of Commerce for him to tell "How to be an Entrepreneur", how much do they pay him.

Or perhaps he wants to cuddle up to MeHole and FF Nua or take business lessons from Owen O'Callaghan.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

It's all Newspeak dressing Big Brother up as helping out with missed bin collections-

Other services promised by the council include linking up the CCTV cameras across the city with its traffic management unit in order to identify traffic incidents faster.

It will use analytical software and security cameras to help identify and prevent crime in the city and monitor energy levels to find new ways of providing gas and electricity to poorer areas where fuel poverty is a big issue.

teapot

I don't know much about this gent, being a blow-in and all; except that I saw him when he was running for President (of Ireland) and he was gotten so excited by what some of the others in the debate were saying that he blurted out 'envelope' which seemed not to go down too well with (a) the audience and (b) the voters; and so I did check into the smart homes thing - are they looking for summat like that in Glasgow?

But I can see why this is in Political Humour...

gerrymac

After Scotlands independence referendum next year,they will need a new head of state.

dent

Seanie was having dinner in Cork this evening...is he looking for a new constituency ?

TiredOfBeingTired

Seanie was having dinner in Cork this evening...is he looking for a new constituency ?
His wife is from Kanturk in Cork.

Popular Threads

Most Replies