Will you destroy your water meter...?

anarko

i wont destroy mine
it will just happen...;)
they are going to be outside in front of your house
in a small circular chamber about 150 mm wide

ONLY OUR RIVERS RUN FREE

Superlepreachaun

I'll be in rented accommodation so if I do I'd be evicted. If i owned my house they'd have some trouble getting onto my property to install one.

justme1

Have people not been saying though that it would take forever (this is Ireland) to put these meters in every house?

anarko

I'll be in rented accommodation so if I do I'd be evicted. If i owned my house they'd have some trouble getting onto my property to install one.
as far as i know they'll be outside in the path in a small circular camber with a black lid

Congalltee

Who said anything about a water meter? A flat fee per household is far more effective as a charge. So you can cancel your plans to commit criminal damage.

Superlepreachaun

They dont install them on your property, there installed outside near your link to the mains.
I'd simply not pay it then, this didn't get through in the 90s and it won't now.
General taxation has been used to pay for this and waste services since the 19th century. If they were honestly concerned about water waste and leakage then they'd have a one off capital investment to repair the networks leaks then only have charges if you exceed a large allowance.
But this is a revenue and profit making measure, not an environmental one.

Sierra

Have people not been saying though that it would take forever (this is Ireland) to put these meters in every house?
In many counties they have already been installed. Ours was installed earlier this year.

Perhaps the Greens might think more about the water pipes themselves, which I imagine dwarf the saved household use of water in terms of water lost through leaks. Perhaps also they might address the fact that the pipes have been laid so close to the surface that hard frosts every winter cause them to burst. Why go for householders first?

Rural

I will as we sunk our own well, we maintain it, we have to treat it at great expense & we pay for the electricity for the pump.

We have lovely water which the state didn't supply.

Swag Off state!!

commonman

i put them in in parts of england its not that easy to destroy then, and if the do break they will give up a estimated bill and it will be private companys that will be doing the work

Superlepreachaun

The law for this to put them in new housing went through in 2004 while you were all jacking off about how much of an economic genius Bertie was and how much revenue the low tax policy and property boom brought in, nobody paid any attention to it at the time, they're already there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies