• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Will you help Twink to keep her home?

He3

The government has chained Irish taxpayers to the oars of the Good Ship Nama, where they and their children are destined to row day and night for a decade or more to maintain the bank bondholders in the style to which they are accustomed. Those not strong enough to row face exile.

Now Eamonn Ryan and others are floating the idea of a bailout for distressed private property owners.

Kathleen Barrington wonders if Twink will be next in line for salvation?

The actor has said that she is ‘‘actively working on a solution’’ after Bank of Scotland (Ireland) earlier this month lodged an application to repossess her family home.

‘‘Unfortunately, I find myself in this current situation - no different to half of the country that have lost their jobs or, like me, are single parents - trying to pay my mortgage, bills and raise two children on my own,” Twink said in a statement.

Except that she is not quite in the same position as half the country. She lives in a 300-yea rold Georgian mansion in the south Dublin suburb of Knocklyon, for which she and her former husband, David Agnew, are estimated to have paid almost €1million, while spending a further €390,000 on renovations.[...]

Is it fair to ask an ordinary taxpayer on the average industrial wage to pay for (say)Twink’s mansion with his/her taxes?
Any volunteers?

Bobert

How old are her kids?

Nodin

Wishing that a newborn child ("bastard") would "rot in hell" would disqualify her from my sympathy list.

Eurocitizen

I think she should downsize

Eurocitizen

porkchop

Eamon 'off the rails from reality' Ryan needs to differentiate between 'a' home and 'a particular' home

nobody should be allowed to live large at the taxpayers expense

Pay the mortgage or failing that there are plenty of modest homes available

Mr Ryan must be unaware of moral hazard?

Eurocitizen

Eurocitizen

How old are her kids?

Speaking earlier this month, Twink revealed she was embarking on an autobiography to raise funds to keep the home she shares with daughters Chloe (20) and Naomi (15).

Bobert

Lovely gaff, horrible taste in cars.

Nodin

Speaking earlier this month, Twink revealed she was embarking on an autobiography to raise funds to keep the home she shares with daughters Chloe (20) and Naomi (15).
Who the jaysus would fork out a lump sum for that crap (now that Anglos effectively gone)?

goosebump

beagan

After the gig she did for FG a few years ago they're unlikely to be putting their necks out for her!

porkchop

No they aren't.

Homeowners to get help - Ryan - The Irish Times - Mon, Feb 01, 2010

There is no question of the State assisting mortgage holders over and above existing Social Welfare provisions.

What Ryan is referring to is the restructuring of loans and changes to insolvency laws.
If someone is not paying or servicing that which they signed on the line for then the burden is being carried by others who are

such assistance would have a financial cost therefore the OP was correct