Willie Frazer - turns out he really was the ultimate hypocrite

death or glory

Willie Frazier the great strategic thinker?

I think not.

McConnell’s picture was not going to be transported past the site of the massacre of utterly innocent civilians he helped orchestrate and certainly not in a parade organized by that toe rag Willie Frazier.
No one would have been any the wiser and McConnell was most probably an innocent man.
Willie was no rocket scientist but he knew how to wind up Thick rebs.
Willie riot in o Connoll street will be how he is remembered

parentheses

As regards both Republican and Loyalist groups I can understand how frightened and angry communities spawned militant and even murderous groups - it is that way the world over. Young men on both sides joined paramilitary groups for patriotic and vengeful reasons and out of a feeling they had no option. Hate was also a strong motive, as was a historical culture of militancy and tradition.

As regards Unionist politicions, they did indeed operate within broad front organisations with Loyalist paramilitaries, such as during the '74 and '77 strikes, but this did not mean they were engaged in any murderous activity - that was quite seperate. In any case most paramilitaries such as The UDA were legal in those times. Paisley's groups such as The Third Force were not involved in significant violence. Even Ulster Resistance split with Paisley prior to it involving itself in arms importation. Of course, Unionists used Loyalist paramilitaries as a vague threat from time to time (which Loyalists came to resent), but then The SDLP did the same with militant Republicans.
I don't think so. Paisley set them up in November 1986. And by the following month they were plotting with the UDA to import weapons.

Paddyc

No one would have been any the wiser and McConnell was most probably an innocent man.
Willie was no rocket scientist but he knew how to wind up Thick rebs.
Willie riot in o Connoll street will be how he is remembered
McConnell was guilty as guilty Jack McGuilty and Willie will be remembered as the self proclaimed victims campaigner who ripped off his own campaign and assisted in the murder of innocent people. The ‘Love Ulster’ riot will be a footnote.

raetsel

Allegedly.
They wouldn't have known as I did who Thomas McConnell was.
It was pure sectarian bigotry against Ulster prods.
Official Ireland would have been right as you played into his hands.
DOG, the poster's reference was to Robert McConnell, not Thomas, whoever he might be.
RMcC was an evil psychopath who died 43 years ago and judging by other information you've posted on this site you weren't old enough to know him.
Count yourself lucky for that.

death or glory

McConnell was guilty as guilty Jack McGuilty and Willie will be remembered as the self proclaimed victims campaigner who ripped off his own campaign and assisted in the murder of innocent people. The ‘Love Ulster’ riot will be a footnote.
Willie's "Love Ulster" rally was his finest hour.
The sectarian bigotry on show, the rampant rioting, destruction of property and attacks on Garda.

death or glory

He ran away and never came back.

His finest hour indeed.
His job was done and the numpties took the obvious bait.
He partied and laughed all the way home on the bus.
Love Ulster rally aka Dublin riot, that will be the legacy that will be remembered. I'm sure 95% of Eire won't know who he was but will remember the riot.

redneck

It was shameful that the Fianna Fáil govt under Ahearne and McDowell allowed the "Love Ulster" march down O Connell street. Past the G.P.O.
It should have been routed through the Phoenix park. Or preferably not given permission.

redneck

His job was done and the numpties took the obvious bait.
He partied and laughed all the way home on the bus.
Love Ulster rally aka Dublin riot, that will be the legacy that will be remembered. I'm sure 95% of Eire won't know who he was but will remember the riot.
there is a brighter future ahead for everyone on this island. I hope you were not involved in the Ulster paramilitaries. Because you seem to be very opinionated. Also the BBC has now published a Gaelic version of their webpage- any comments?

death or glory

there is a brighter future ahead for everyone on this island. I hope you were not involved in the Ulster paramilitaries. Because you seem to be very opinionated. Also the BBC has now published a Gaelic version of their webpage- any comments?
I'm sure the dozens of people who will visit the website will be very happy.
Whereas the rest of the population will still be happy with their oblivion.
That's the way for the Irish language encourage those that want to learn it to do so and quit forcing it on those who don't want it.
As you well know, as you have politicalised the language yourself in replies, it is not just a language but a political statement.

Observer B

When I first came across Willie, I wondered was he a Parody. I mean ya had to wonder was he for real, was he even a real person, was he that actor from Coronation street who was just trying to wind people up.

Then you have to wonder, who is wee Jamie really??

Levellers

It was shameful that the Fianna Fáil govt under Ahearne and McDowell allowed the "Love Ulster" march down O Connell street. Past the G.P.O.
It should have been routed through the Phoenix park. Or preferably not given permission.
It's like every Orange Order march. They are not about celebrating something, they are about intimidating and provoking.

death or glory

It's like every Orange Order march. They are not about celebrating something, they are about intimidating and provoking.
Is that why tens of thousands of loyalist and Orange order parades take place each year without incident.
Look even after the civil rights protest at Twaddell,
the people of Ardoyne both loyalist and nationalist now enjoy the parade down the Ardoyne road on the Twelfth without bother.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies